Author Topic: Wildlife Park  (Read 9514 times)

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Wildlife Park
« on: January 20, 2005, 11:23:29 PM »
Posted by: markbell Jan. 2 2003, 07:52 AM
I emailed JoWood productions a few days ago regarding what has happened to Wildlife Park. This is the response I got:

"Hi Mark,

You are unfortunately correct, the game has been canned due to ongoing development problems.

Apologies for the disappointment, it's a shame -- we really liked the look of the game too!

Regards,
James"  

Posted by: reginasunrae Jan. 2 2003, 04:36 PM
Mark, that's really too bad. I think a lot of people would have bought it if it could've been produced.  

Posted by: beefsteak Jan. 2 2003, 05:01 PM
What was the game like? This is the first I've heard of it.  

Posted by: Frogman Jan. 2 2003, 05:03 PM
Hmm it was another take on Zoo Tycoon. Sadly the site for it was pulled and I don't know where else the screens or info can be found.

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 3 2003, 12:33 AM
But I do !  

http://mitglied.lycos.de/wildlifepark/pics.htm  

Posted by: Frogman Jan. 3 2003, 01:06 AM
Thanks.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 3 2003, 01:16 AM
you're welcome  

Posted by: beefsteak Jan. 3 2003, 01:57 PM
Well it looks pretty good. Definetly more like a wildlife park than a zoo. But for someone reason I get the feeling the game people were right. I just don' t think it would have been all that popular. Too much competition.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 3 2003, 05:35 PM
The graphics look very nice.
I know its one I would have bought if released so kinda glad one less to buy  

Posted by: Eagle One Jan. 3 2003, 10:21 PM
to bad its been cancled i like the fact you could be bridges through the game like rct  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 12 2003, 12:08 AM
There's news about it

German developer Novatrix after a long period of silence has recently announced that their zoo management game Wildlife Park is still under development, although it has changed publishers from Jowood to Koch Media. The current predicted release date is Q2/2003.

http://www.gamershell.com/news/bWildlifePa...tillOnRig.shtml  

Posted by: Frogman Jan. 12 2003, 12:57 AM
That's great news!  

Posted by: Eagle One Jan. 12 2003, 02:56 AM
Yes i cant waite  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 12 2003, 03:32 AM
OK- another game back on the shopping list  

Posted by: Frogman Jan. 12 2003, 03:34 AM
I don't think I will get this one. It has some features I would like in ZT but it is too close and for some reason I dislike the animals a lot...

Not to mention the shelters are a bit cheesy.  

Posted by: icer Jan. 12 2003, 04:07 AM
Yay!
Yeah, I do like ZT better (of course), somehow the colours in the screenshots look a bit weird. Like that really old screenshot of an early version of ZT actually.
I think the thing I dislike about this one is that the exhibits are so unnatural. Sure, zoo exhibits aren't quite as natural as the ones in ZT, but in an ideal world, they would be. WP seems to have enclosures more like a zoo in the past which are being phased out (Indian temples for tigers and elephants etc....)
I wish they'd just dispense with the zoo thing and make a real wildlife park actually. Sort of a cross between ZT and Sim Safari (but at an adult play level of course) and different habitats to choose from, not just African savanna.

I think WP coming out is a very good thing though, because it might make MS stop resting on its laureals and incorporate more features in ZT etc. And once WP got to the bargain bin, I would definitely buy it as I love these types of games  

Posted by: James 24 Jan. 17 2003, 06:48 PM
sorry about my lateness, i dont look at this forum much ,

I looked at the screenshots and I thought that the terrain looked great but the animals looked like they were leaning over , and, especially the tigers they look rather long  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 18 2003, 06:05 AM
The graphics do seem to have a more "cartoony" effect or something.
I still think it looks nice- and would make an interesting comparison to Zoo Tycoon!  

Posted by: markbell Jan. 18 2003, 01:00 PM
This is great news indeed!  

Like AK, I think it does have a "cartoony" effect to it but I also believe it will add a different dimension to gameplay. If enough of us buy it, notice things in the game which are better than ZT and then notify Blue Fang/Microsoft ...... anything might happen...........  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Feb. 21 2003, 02:49 PM
I just saw the other post about WildLife park and thought I'd check on the news  

Wildlife park will be published by Koch Media. In January 2003 KochMedia was buying the distribution licence.
Estimated release date in Germany, Austria, Swizerland ,UK and Italy will be second week in April 2003.

I don't know of any US release date yet.  

Posted by: Jane Feb. 21 2003, 03:40 PM
thanx  

I´m looking forward to try it  

Posted by: Frogman Feb. 21 2003, 05:16 PM
Wow that really isn't much longer to wait for the game. More press should be released soon I would suspect.

Posted by: Lehner Mar. 2 2003, 02:14 PM
I think it looks "cartoony", too but I will buy it. I will soon submit an igloo rock which I´ve taken out of a screenshot. lol  

Posted by: Eagle One Mar. 8 2003, 05:07 AM
hum thats unusual usual games are released in the us first they must think it wont do well against zoo tycoon  

Posted by: Jens Mar. 8 2003, 06:29 AM
That's because Wildlife Park is being developed in Germany.  

Posted by: Frogman Mar. 8 2003, 10:36 AM
Yes 1503 is also getting a release in Europe before the US because it was made in Germany. I guess they have to get a gew first.

Posted by: Loewenfrau Mar. 20 2003, 11:09 AM
the release date was moved to april 30 . I just hope this is the final date . I'll be in Gemany at this time and certainly will buy the game
r
here's a picture of the box cover and 5 new screenshots

http://hosting1.media-e.com/product-images.../ecd000768k.jpg

]

Posted by: Jane Mar. 20 2003, 11:23 AM
 I am sure this game is great, longing to play it

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Mar. 20 2003, 11:26 AM
Wow!!! They have waterfalls and bridges that can be placed over exhibits. ZT is in competition this year.  

Posted by: Yeti Ironfist Mar. 20 2003, 12:32 PM
Great looking screenshots Loewenfrau! Thank you

What web site did you get those from? Do they have more and/or larger versions? Those bridges are looking really tempting... Those little snow capped mountains in the mountain goat exhibit look great too.  

Posted by: ToaOfTime09 Mar. 20 2003, 12:41 PM
I HAVE TO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has bridges!!!

Posted by: zoomaster3 Mar. 20 2003, 03:17 PM
WOW! I hope they'll release this in the US!!! Now I think it would be great to have the new features like bridges and stuff added into ZT!!! We should tell MS  

Posted by: MinGraphics Mar. 20 2003, 04:54 PM
I'm a sucker for any game like this, I will be buying 1503 AD next week when it is released, and have been waiting for Wildlife park ever sence I came across the web site months ago. I diden't think it looked as good as ZT, but why not!  

Posted by: Frogman Mar. 20 2003, 07:31 PM
I also was thinking about getting 1503. However I played the demo and wasn't all that inspired for some reason. I have and love 1602 so I don't know why I wasn't impressed.

Posted by: reginasunrae Mar. 20 2003, 10:23 PM
It looks like mayhaps they've been paying attention to what zoo players are saying!  The screenshots look much improved over those that were out, what was it, around a year ago? Not bad at all!  

Posted by: ourtime99 Mar. 21 2003, 05:49 AM
It looks like it might be worth the investment, though I'd rather M$ took note and just incorporated the things we like about it into the next expansion or ZT2.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Mar. 21 2003, 08:50 PM
i really wonder how much it would be once released in the US.

In Germany it's almost $50 !!!  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Mar. 22 2003, 01:45 AM
I like the paths and fences. The exhibits are not very realistic looking though and it would be nice if they had different animals to what already is in ZT.

I am not sure about getting this one now. Maybe if everyone raves about it when it comes out I will.  

Posted by: frogger Mar. 22 2003, 08:13 AM
I like the game but I am wondering if it will take over ZT we don't won't that to happen  

Posted by: Tanis Mar. 22 2003, 10:46 AM
I'm interested in the look of the game, but will I have time to play it?  

I think I will do what I allways tend to do.
And this is to wait & see what happens when it comes out & wait for all the patches that come out to fix all the faults it has & then buy the game.  

Tanis  

Posted by: Silk Mar. 22 2003, 10:47 AM
You have been living and enjoying the US for too long Lowenfrau  

Welcome to what the rest of the world has to pay for things, $50 isn't that high for most full game pricing over here, games have been creeping up towards the £45 mark ($60?) over this side of the water for some time.

I spent some time in Germany a few years back, and pricing certainly wasn't cheap for many things even to a brit. (the first time I ordered a weisbier in in Kolne, I nearly fell off my stool  ) But the prices were fine to most of the locals who had a higher cost of living anyway (and wages/pensions to suit )

Posted by: Aussie Koala Mar. 22 2003, 11:24 AM
It does seem expensive compared to Zoo Tycoon though I must say.

Tanis, you are right about the patches- hardly any game these days does not have at least a couple.  

Posted by: Jane Mar. 22 2003, 11:46 AM
 A bit out of subject but the euro is raising prices in Europe  

Posted by: Frogman Mar. 22 2003, 12:50 PM
Well if it is more than $30 here I doubt that anyone will purchase it in the way they would ZT. Considering it would be on the same shelf as ZT it wouldn't be much competition unless it can compete with a similar price.

Posted by: TitaniumKnuckles09 Mar. 22 2003, 12:53 PM
When it comes out im gonna try the demo first (if there is one) and then decide if im gonna buy it.  

Posted by: jediliz Mar. 26 2003, 12:30 PM
I hope there will be a demo, too. I tried the zoo tycoon demo and was like "I have to have this" and got it a short time afterwards.

I am sure that places like Best Buy or Circuit City or CompUsa will have it on sale some time after its release.

I got Marine Mania pretty cheap ($18) at this electronics superstore that is sort of more local than national, so I'll check there as well.

I can't wait.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Apr. 8 2003, 10:34 AM
Brand new secreenshots :

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/2...03_21_56_52.JPG

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/2...03_21_18_53.JPG

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/1...03_16_32_27.JPG

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/3...03_11_24_20.JPG

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/2...03_21_48_20.JPG

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/2...03_21_56_16.JPG

and here some more:

http://img1.gamesweb.com/pc/w/wildlifepark/prev01.jpg

http://img1.gamesweb.com/pc/w/wildlifepark/prev02.jpg

http://img1.gamesweb.com/pc/w/wildlifepark/prev03.jpg

Interesting , it's raining in some of the shots !  

Posted by: Jens Apr. 8 2003, 11:16 AM
Wow, those screenshots are so great! And the animals have been improved a lot! At first, they were like cartoon animals, but they are great now  Looking forward to it!  

Posted by: Yeti Ironfist Apr. 8 2003, 02:01 PM
Awww MAN. Over and over again. They keep teasing us with these pictures of bridges! Hehe

I couldn't get the second set of links to work, but was able to get to the main page, and then to the preview (http://gamesweb.com/pc/previews/w/wildlifepark/prev-index.php), but even on the preview page, the images are just blank and nothing comes up when I click on them (the code says a javascript window should open with the image in it). Maybe they're just temporarily unavailable?

Edit:

Never mind. It started working for me!

I just realized something - I predict that a lot of new Zoo Tycoon objects will be created using the graphics from Wildlife Park!

Edit2:

Wow! I did two things - I checked out the rest of the screen shots on that site that has the review... some really cool things I saw - a water / land combo exhibit with walruses, a tank with sharks, a mixed savannah exhibit, guests with baby carriages, guests in the rain that had pulled out umbrellas... Lots of great stuff. I also pumped the German review into BabelFish to get it translated. It's NOT perfect, but you can make out the gist of it. Here is the conclusion and features list from the end of the review:

Result
On the whole it seems to be able to take up ' Wildlife park ' problem-free with the competition ' zoo Tycoon ' from the house Microsoft. Particularly in punkto complexity the play has already now clearly the nose in front. However the diagram is not on the height of the time, which is to be quite hurt however with a play of this category. The performance and AI problems should be hopefully repaired up to final release. Otherwise the play makes a matured impression and shows that complexity can result in a play paired with user-friendliness and a good topic, on which both the whole family and the simulation fan be pleased can.

Feature

* 45 different animal species
* various animal behavior
* rich selection of play and climbing devices
* free landscape design
* 10 different personnel types
* active influencing control on personnel price increase by direct command assignment
* 20 missions approximately around the globe and free play
* atmospheric, tendencyful music and realistic noises

Sounds promising!  

Posted by: dragon Apr. 8 2003, 04:24 PM
To me it look's like they took some of the thing's from RTC and ZT and combined them to make the wildlife park. Ya gotta love the waterfalls and bridges.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Apr. 8 2003, 07:51 PM
The exhibits are huge! Those shack like things attched to the exhibit fence- I wonder what they are for. Unless is where the animals food goes?

The screenshots look good.  

Posted by: Yeti Ironfist Apr. 8 2003, 08:13 PM
I saw those too AK. I wasn't sure if it was an entrance, a place for the zoo keepers to feed the animals, or maybe even a feeding station for guests. I guess we'll find out soon  

Posted by: beefsteak Apr. 9 2003, 12:54 AM
I'll certainly be looking into getting this game. I think I'll wait to hear what all of the brave people who get it first have to say.  

Posted by: txjaman Apr. 9 2003, 01:21 PM
screenshots look great. Going to wait like beefsteak before I rush out and get it. I do love the bridges over the exhibits and more natural looking paths and walls. Not sure I like the looks of the shelters or extra scenery that you can put in. Some of it just doesn't look natural.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Apr. 9 2003, 04:41 PM
Bad news.
The release date of the game was changed from april 30. to mai 14.
I was planing on getting the game during my vacation in Germany but now I won't be able to. I'm leaving there mai 9th  

Posted by: tritopsrob Apr. 9 2003, 06:01 PM
when will this come out in the states? and what animals are in it? because it;s sounds and looks very interesting  

Posted by: fkalltheway Apr. 10 2003, 09:09 AM
i will deffinately buy this game when it comes out in the US

i still think i like the ZT animals better, but the scenery and many more objects in WP make it worth buying.

the bridges going through the exhibits look great!
and the waterfalls do too!  

Posted by: dillo Apr. 10 2003, 08:39 PM
hmm....I probably won't be getting it but hopefully this will push microsoft to come up with bridges, waterfalls and other creative ideas  

Posted by: Eagle One Apr. 12 2003, 11:18 PM
I like it i may download the demo first before buying  

Posted by: Loewenfrau May. 13 2003, 11:50 PM
Wildlife Park went Gold and will be available in stores in Germany, Swizerland and Austria by the end of this week.
I'll probably get my copy by the end of next week then  

There's a very cool trailer available for download ( not recommended for dial up useres - 24 MB)

http://download.bravo.de/games/Videos/wildlife-trailer.exe  

Posted by: Eagle One May. 14 2003, 12:58 AM
Cool that is some good news. Now i just cant waite untill its realeased in the US  

Posted by: Silk May. 31 2003, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the link Lowenfrau, was interesting to see that the trailer used english in its captioning. Especialy as it is hard to find any 'real' info on this in anything but German.

For those of us that don't speak German I did dig out a couple of links which lead to two interviews with the dev team in english. Both are in PDf format (as in use acrobat reader) but make interesting reading and hint that the game might look a little cartoony, but looks like it will be 1: BIG and 2: not as simple as you would first think.
This link takes you to a German(?) fan site
http://mitglied.lycos.de/wildlifepark/
which if you follow the Dowloads link to
Interview mit Bluemonday (englisch, *.pdf)
&
Interview mit Derek dela Fuente (englisch, *.pdf) lead to the interview I mention...interesting reading

Also looks likt the official site http://www.wildlife-park.de/ is intending constructing an english version of the page (faded out english link in top r/h corner) and a demo is on the way (from my VERY limited knowledge of German  )

Also as a sytem spec readout, it goes something like this

Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP
other Windows 95 (with DirectX 5.0 +)
NT 4.0 (with Service Pack 4)

Pentium II 500 MHz (recomended: 1 GHz)
128 MB RAM (recomended: 256 MB)
800 MB Free Hardisk space
4-speed CD-ROM -Laufwerk(?)

4 MB Graphics card with 16-Bit Colour
Mouse

Tastatur(?)

Soundcard Stereo

-----------------

Tastatur , that's the keyboard.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau May. 31 2003, 08:35 AM
I got the game this week but didn't get to try it much.
I did the first tutorial and so far it looks nice

There's much much more to take care of than in ZT.

I'll make somekind of review when I played more.

I also sent e-mail to Koch Media and ask if they already have a release date for the english speaking amrket but they didn't reply yet.

The coolest thing I noticed so far is the water engine. To get a pond you have to make a pit and put a water pump in there. Then you can view how the water fills up the pit. Same goes for the waterfalls. You make a ditch in one or more levels and after you put the pump in the water runs down.
I'll try to make some screenshots to post here.

The brigdges are great too. They get generated by the game when you place path across a ditch.  

Posted by: zoomaster3 May. 31 2003, 04:06 PM
This game looks cool, can't wait till it comes out in US...

It has some features I wish ZT had like bridges and stuff...

ZM3  

Posted by: jkl337 Jun. 14 2003, 09:09 AM
Amazon has a Wildlife Park set for release on October 21, 2003 for $19.99 made by a company called Encore Software. And according to Encore Software web page it has an expected Release Date: 10/15/2003 and price is $29.99 there is also a link to the official Wildlife Park website

Posted by: jediliz Jun. 14 2003, 03:44 PM
why can't it be released here yet? Oh why oh why........ I want to try it out. If the rumor about Zoo Tycoon 2 is true, this would occupy me for awhile until that was released.  

Posted by: Eagle One Jun. 14 2003, 04:46 PM
Good news indeed i will buy a copy

Posted by: James 24 Jun. 15 2003, 11:08 AM
The UK release date is 5th of September, I may have to downloaded the trialer and have a look  

Posted by: JBurnaBTNH Jun. 19 2003, 09:16 PM
I went to that encoresoftware.com and there is an option where you can order it....is it just me or is it already released online???

nevermind....you can preorder it.....not order order it  

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jun. 19 2003, 09:29 PM
Just from the screenshots, I can tell that it is just amazing!  I'm going to d/l the demo if they have one. I'm checking the site out right now, but they don't seem to have an english version of thier site or it's not up yet.

Also, if anybody knows where I can get a demo for this, could you post a link?  

Posted by: Eagle One Jun. 19 2003, 11:11 PM
as far as i know there isnt a demo available yet  

Posted by: Silk Jul. 3 2003, 03:42 AM
A little more news on W-P for us Uk residents

Looks like the anticipated release date for WP in the UK is September 5th (according to Amazon.co.uk, whose pre-order price is actualy pretty good)

They also have added some pics and a little bit of info (okay same as the DE sites, but at least us ignorant surfers who cant speak DE can understand it now  )

Features

45 lovingly animated & realistically simulated mammals, reptiles, birds & sea animals

Huge range of animal behaviour with individual socialization, births, ageing, aggression & trainability

Free landscape design on various height levels with indigenous plants, bridges & waterfalls

Create your enclosures from scratch; place feeding devices, plants, various toys & climbing equipment

Use qualified personnel to care for the animals & the park, from animal wardens & trainers

20 missions based in locations from around the world, from the British Isles to Alaska!

Manufacturer's Description
Experience the pleasure of designing the zoo of your dreams, while keeping it profitable. Forget cages, create ideal environments for your animals & then watch their lifelike behaviour from close up. Once your pandas are happy enough to proliferate, you'll know you're on the right path... Build your park in a temperate climate, or for a greater challenge in a desert or the tropics. In any case make sure the visitors to your park encounter something new around every corner - & don’t forget to tempt them with various souvenir & refreshment stands!

Have any of our European cousins played this enough for a review from a ZT users point of view yet?  

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Jul. 3 2003, 09:01 PM
This game sounds great. From the review, it says that there will be killing and mating animations. Is this true?  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jul. 3 2003, 11:51 PM
i have not seen killing animations yet but yes there's mating animation

http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/27/3973527/...23439396138.jpg

http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/27/3973527/...33661653735.jpg

http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/27/3973527/...23038653032.jpg  

Posted by: Eagle One Jul. 3 2003, 11:59 PM
o boy look at all the animals having a party  

Posted by: Catfish Charlie Jul. 4 2003, 12:07 AM
ROTFL, I think I'll make the mating pandas my new avatar!  
j/k of course!  

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jul. 4 2003, 12:15 AM
ooo, look, it's the Discovery Channel! lol.

They made it look pretty natural, although the female moose looks like she is in an awkward and compromising postition and the female Flamingo kind of looks wierd under the male.

However, what I would like to see is how they manage to do it for fish as thiers is, well, somewhat less complicated. Ah, what the hey, let's go watch the Discovery channel everybody.

Honestly, the graphics are great and if they have the animations for the mating habits, what about courtship like male moose pushing antlers, big horn sheep ramming and that stuff?  

Posted by: Rolarin Jul. 7 2003, 01:31 PM
-->

[speachless]

ummmm....  

interesting game.

if i even get some cash, i will have to buy it..  

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jul. 10 2003, 10:00 PM
New info at Gamespot! :D http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wildli...ws_6071401.html plus tons of new screenshots! :D I'll check it out and see if there's anything interesting.

Here's what the announcement says:

UK-based publisher Koch Media has today released new information on Wildlife Park for the PC, which it signed the European publishing rights to in March. The game, which is currently in development at JoWood Productions, will challenge players to keep both animals and visitors happy as they establish and maintain zoological parks all over the world.

The game will feature 45 different species, including mammals, reptiles, birds, and sea creatures--each with its own distinct behavior. Players will, of course, have the option to establish and run their own park as they see fit, but the game will also offer 20 varied missions in which they'll have to complete objectives involving breeding programs, development projects, crisis management, and the like to succeed.

Wildlife Park is currently scheduled for release in Europe in September, and although no North American release date has been announced at this time, the game will be released in that territory by Encore. For more information on Wildlife Park, check out our previous coverage of the game.

Hmm, I wonder what kind of crisis management it's talking about, besides saving critically endangered species and conservation issues.

There is evidence of some kind of training and shows, the waterfalls look so natural. Also, I think the macaws may be like those background birds that are in ZT. It looks like the way shows work will be different from ZT, too bad it's still in german.....  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jul. 10 2003, 10:08 PM
I wonder why they say European release will be in September ??
Cause it was already released mid of May this year.

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jul. 10 2003, 10:14 PM
I have also noticed that in two of the screenshots, there are wheelchairs, which means disabled access (which I think was a wish posted a while ago), however, in one pic where the entire person is visible, the guy looks almost headless,  They really need to fix that.

Pic analysis 2: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wildli...ns.html?page=60 and http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wildli...ns.html?page=59

There is a summer storm going on in these two, so, weather obviously, so I guess in northern climes, we would expect snow in the winter and in tropical regions, seasonal rainstorms. Also, could someone translate the list on pic 59 because I think that may be a high score or something.

Pic analysis3: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wildli...ns.html?page=39
Hmm, is that a shark in the tank there? Also, I wonder why some of those trees look almost dead, maybe they are deciduous?

Also, in at least one pic, I have seen signs of what may be an invisible fence or some kind of safari trail feature.

If anybody want's to know what the temp says in the pics, but don't know how to convert centigrade to farenheight, here's a http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/chemistry/g...ts_en.html#temp. I've looked and they can range from 6 degrees F into the 80's, although I suspect that it would get colder than 6 degrees Farenheight. Also, I've noticed that there are at least 5 maybe 6 themes or building styles.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jul. 10 2003, 10:59 PM
the list are staff stats. If they are happy or not ( red or green smilie and bar indicator)

the trees look dead because they didn't got watered. You have to hire a gardener who takes care of your foliage.

I'm not sure what you mean with 'safari trail' but you don't have to fence the animals in. You can use elevation or ditches to keep them in a certain area.  

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jul. 10 2003, 11:03 PM
QUOTE (Loewenfrau @ Jul 10 2003, 07:59 PM)
I'm not sure what you mean with 'safari trail' but you don't have to fence the animals in. You can use elevation or ditches to keep them in a certain area.  

Oh, that's probably what I saw, so I guess this game is in it's own ways, alot more versatile than ZT, although some animals like the Giraffe and the ape (probably Oranguatang) look worse than thier ZT counterparts and I'd pic ZT anumals any day.  

Posted by: planetkitty Jul. 11 2003, 08:07 AM
just checked amazon.com for wildlife park. they show a release date of oct 21  

Posted by: Orkidgal Jul. 11 2003, 03:48 PM
It seems like the designers of WP designed this game by looking at hte Zoo admin wish list! All the stuff people seem to ask for appears to be there.  

Posted by: michicol Jul. 11 2003, 05:28 PM
Is there a demo yet, and do they have mud, and what kind or birds does the game have, I think the animation is better than zt except the shelters.  

Posted by: Eagle One Jul. 11 2003, 05:38 PM
there isnt any demos i know of yet  

Posted by: michicol Jul. 11 2003, 05:52 PM
What kind of rides and buildins does it have?  

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jul. 11 2003, 07:41 PM
QUOTE (Orkidgal @ Jul 11 2003, 12:48 PM)
It seems like the designers of WP designed this game by looking at hte Zoo admin wish list!  All the stuff people seem to ask for  appears to be there.  

I agree, it definetly has qualities that ZT doesn't have, buit we would have to play the demo or (for those in Europe) have the game itself to really compare it to ZT.

Also, does anybody know if someone has figured out how to edit animals or is the files and coding different from ZT? (it is probably in a language other than english though.)

@Michol, look at the pics on Gamespot. It seems to have the same buildings and more, it seems to have a health care center, some kind of workshop (a shack with a wrench sign above it), what I think might be an info booth, and there is a building with a few silos that I have seen in several screens, but can't figure out what the heck it is.

I've found some info on the features from the Encore Software (the US Publisher, mentioned on Gamespot), and it does give some insight into the game.

Choose a variety of terrains with different climates, environmental sounds and music themes to start your park in. But be careful in your choices in climates and animals, as keeping a polar bear happy in the Sahara is an incredible challenge!

No single goal to reach the finish of the game. The park has to be managed well to gain access to new areas, attractions and more importantly, exotic animals

45 detailed, seamlessly animated and simulated species ranging from mammals and reptiles to birds and marine animals
Fascinating, challenging and realistic animal behavior in areas such as reproduction, socialization, aging, birth, aggression and "trainability"

Animals can be trained with a huge variety of interaction devices such as trampolines, ropes, slides, trees and video screens

No-limits landscaping at various heights, many plants, bridge constructions, ponds, rivers and waterfalls, and buildings

10 professions for your personnel to care for the animals and park: Feeder, Garbage, Zookeeper, Animal Catcher, Gardener, Scoutmaster, Vet, Worker, Animal Trainer, First-Aid

Building architecture style differs by climate

Transparent walls give visitors a better view of marine animals, allowing you to build underwater observation rooms.

The mention about the sahara and the fact that architecture varies by climate implies internationality and possibly the ability to choose the continent or region or possibly city.  

Posted by: Orkidgal Jul. 22 2003, 11:03 PM
I will surely buy it if it comes out in the US! It looks as though it has everything anyone could ask for!  

Posted by: Bigcatkeeper Aug. 5 2003, 03:42 PM
I was reading in a magazine and the release date for it in the uk is September 12th 2003 and i will be buying it!  

Posted by: Crookshankz227 Aug. 25 2003, 07:09 AM
Does anyone hve pictures of the animals giving birth?
Do they grow or stay the same size, like in ZT?
Do they have whales?
What species of elephant are there?
Do they live in herds?
Do the whales live in pods?  

Posted by: Jane Aug. 25 2003, 09:23 AM
Loewenfrau:I wonder why they say European release will be in September ??

I asked for it in a store here in Sweden Saturday and they had not even heard of it, I guess it´s just the lucky Germans that have it so far.

I have seen the releasedate 21/10-03  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Aug. 25 2003, 10:27 AM
right, Germany, Switzerland and Austria all got in already in spring this year.

I have to say I don't like it very much. The game play is so much different from ZT (more complicated). There's some bugs which finally have been addrssed with a patch but obviously this patch caused other bugs.

I also experience problems with launching some of the maps for no known reason.

I have it for about 4 month now but cannot say I really played it for the reasons above.  

Posted by: disneyfabfive Aug. 25 2003, 10:44 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wildlifepark/news.html

I found this on Game Spot.

Beth

Posted by: Texgnome1 Aug. 25 2003, 11:58 AM
Looks great, but Lowenfrau's comments definitely are concerning. Think I'll wait to hear what those who buy it say, and if it isn't too good, will just stick with ZT for now.  

Posted by: Ultimate Fox Aug. 25 2003, 12:28 PM
the game doesn't appeal to me
sure it has alot of very cool features but what loewenfrau said and plus i wouldnt buy it do to the mating animations. I dont mind them but i wouldnt want my little sister to.

I'll stick to Zoo Tycoon. Plus i like thier marine animals better then thiers  

Posted by: Toddy Sep. 3 2003, 09:34 AM
Here is a link for a good fansite were you can see all of the animals

http://www.wildlifeparkonline.de/include.php?path=start.php

You can also buy it on http://www.amazon.co.uk  

Posted by: Jane Sep. 3 2003, 03:20 PM
Very nice pictures and information there.
I will give this game a try  

Posted by: James 24 Sep. 3 2003, 03:25 PM
I just read a review I got of it in a magazine. It got 52% which isn't bad. I'll give you a few quotes .

Visually, it's clearly inferior to Zoo Tycoon

Wildlife Park is a shameless Zoo Tycoon Clone

The whole review is like that LOL. I wont go any futher.  

Posted by: Ultimate Fox Sep. 3 2003, 03:36 PM
I jus ttook a look at those animals. I would have to say Im very intrested. They have several animals ZT doesnt have like koalas, peafowls, galapagous tortoise, some kind of deer, and racoons.  

Posted by: WildLifeParkOnline Sep. 11 2003, 04:50 PM

Hello, I'm webmaster of WildLifeParkOnline.de

I hope you can undertsand my english.
I just wanted to let y'all know that we are going to have an english version of the site.
I hope for your support.

Has WLP already been released in the US/England ?

MFG Elchi  

Posted by: Jane Sep. 12 2003, 02:24 AM
I went over there and found that now you can have information in English. I didn´t really understand the post.

http://wildlifeparkonline.de./include.php?path=start.php

What I know it hasn´t been released in US and UK and will not be out in rest of Europe until middle or late October  

Posted by: Spiderghost Sep. 12 2003, 04:06 AM
At least it gives us choices and might even motivate M$ to give players what they want for ZT.  Looks interesting but I would wait and see about those bug problems Loewenfrau mentioned.  

Posted by: Silverness Sep. 16 2003, 01:09 AM
Ive just bought Wildlife Park in the UK at my local Game. Ive only played for about 2 hrs so far and I think its ok the graphics are nicer than Zoo Tycoon but the game play is more complicated and difficult. I only bought Zoo Tycoon and expantion packs the week before!. Im usually an avid The Sims fan but was having a lull and wanted to try somthing different untill the next exp comes out. When I saw Wildlife Park I thought oh no this looks better and bought it like a mug  But dispite the pretty graphics it lacks the playability of ZT at the moment because it dosent have the downloads fantastic fan sites and forums like this one  and extras like ZT but maybe that will come soon. The other main problem I have with WLP is in the furthest out zoom the game goes very choppy when you scroll across the screen and at the moment Im on a very small park so god knows what it will be like later. I have a reasonably good spec Comp and can't work out why I have this prob and at the moment have there is knowhere to ask! My advice to all is if you have the money spare and love this type of animal based game buy it if you have to save and save for it wait for ZT 2  

Posted by: Babysealz010 Sep. 16 2003, 10:57 PM

Posted by: benschler Sep. 16 2003, 11:12 PM
from what the screen shots show me, i don't thinks its graphics are as good as Zoo Tycoons, and i most likely won't be buying it.

Posted by: Sea Unicorn Sep. 17 2003, 12:04 AM
A lot of new objects for ZT is made from Wildlife park like the exhibit accessories made by Loewenfrau.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Sep. 17 2003, 12:23 AM
right, the graphics are really not bad.
Also the game "idea" and content.
Only thing that I don't like is the game play. Especially when you're used to play ZT.  

Posted by: Sea Unicorn Sep. 17 2003, 12:25 AM
The colors are too warm that makes it hot. The graphics are really bad because it is not in 3D like ZT  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Oct. 1 2003, 10:34 PM
There's now a Demo version available for download

http://pool.download.t-online.de/download/...MO__DEUTSCH.EXE

It's 121 MB and only in German. No English demo yet, sorry. But for a sneek peak it's good enough  

Posted by: BJG3 Oct. 4 2003, 01:08 PM
Hello, Longtime fan of the zoo admin, first time posting. I was searching Amazon.com for info on the Seaworld tycoon that you've been discussing and I found an upcoming release from Encore Software called "Wildlife Park". Amazon shows it releasing on Oct. 21, 2003 at $ 19.00. Encore Software's site shows it releasing Oct. 15, 2003 at $ 29.00. I don't know which ones right but for now I'll believe the manufacturer. You can find info on it at Encore Software's site at http://www.encoresoftware.com/dbdriven/det...&category=games

There is an official site for Wildlife Park at http://wildlifepark.de It has 13 screenshots and a downloadable demo. The graphics look very good especially the animal shelters. The animals also look good. The terrain designs look awesome. Thought I would let you guys know about this game if you haven't already seen it. It looks very promising.

Posted by: flamethrower Oct. 4 2003, 01:57 PM
Did you try the demo? Sounds like another good game.  

Posted by: Lehner Oct. 4 2003, 02:04 PM
Isn´t this the regular Wildlife Park game? I have it since several weeks - or where it months?  ?  

Posted by: flamethrower Oct. 4 2003, 02:09 PM
Could be a new one. Maybe it's an expansion pack, or a whole new company made one.  

Posted by: Angel-Katt Oct. 4 2003, 02:56 PM
never heard of it,have beentoo busy playing Zoo Tycoon to care anyway...  

Posted by: jediliz Oct. 4 2003, 05:14 PM
I believe this is the same one that was found out about months ago, but only came out in the UK? Its finally being released in the USA I guess. Downloading the demo now. I'll hopefully pick this up when I get Sims:Making Magic around halloween.  

Posted by: Eagle One Oct. 4 2003, 06:11 PM
looks good . there is a thread already open for this came so i going to compine them thanks  

Posted by: flamethrower Oct. 5 2003, 12:44 AM
Is the site supposed to be in a different language instead of English? What about the demo? Is it in a different language?  

Posted by: Eagle One Oct. 5 2003, 12:46 AM
the site is in german and the demo is in german right now. and english version of the game will be released soon  

Posted by: ZT Adictee Oct. 5 2003, 12:48 AM
Looks really good to me!

( I wish I spoke German )  

Posted by: flamethrower Oct. 5 2003, 12:51 AM
Is there even an English version of the for-sale game? Maybe that's what the release date is.  

Posted by: ZT Adictee Oct. 5 2003, 12:53 AM
WOW! I just saw the trailer, amazing!!!! Looks betetr than ZT! All three ZT's combined, build instant bridges, etc... I'm not sure, but I think this could be one of the greatest ZT rip-offs ever!  

Posted by: Eagle One Oct. 5 2003, 01:02 AM
dont get to excited i been playing the german version for awhile now and its isnt as good as zoo tycoon  

Posted by: nornironer Oct. 5 2003, 02:26 AM
i've got the english version of the game (i live in ireland) and it really isn't good, its very complicated and your zoo has to be immaculate to get a good rating plus you have to buy all these different members of staff and look after plants and maintain bulidings and there is no money cheat.  

Posted by: Bongo Oct. 5 2003, 04:24 AM
Wildlife Park is a game very similar to ZT, created by the German company Novatrix.It was published this year in Germany . Some elements of it have already occured on this page(look under downloads for Exhibit accessories).
I just borrowed the game from my libraryand I have to say I am not really convinced by it; Zt is better.
The advantages:
1.It's more realistic: weather and daytime change, animals react differently to the weather conditions(for example: giraffes get ill when it's cold while pinguins can't stand the heat);
2.You have more workers and buildings with different tasks: vets, gardeners, security people...
3.You have some additional animals than ZT: racoon, koala,peacock, PaterDavid's deer,Arabian oryx, and some, like the oryx, are really nicely made, especially the elephants are better than in ZT

The disadvantages:
1.The animals don't tell You with smileys what they like or not, there's just a tiny info screen what they don't like; they want more and more and more stuff...
2.The guests are really hard to please!
3. There are no restaurants or larger toilets or more buildings-the other stuff for decoration is quite boring
4.You never have enough money, even in the free game
5.You can put zebras and lions together, and nothing happens
6.Some animals are not well animated(for example: the koala-which has a low guest attractiveness?!)
7.Zookeepers and other staff members can walk through closed doors
8.They don't have a bongo antelope  !!!
9.The handling is very complicated and after a while You can get quite frustrated
In my opinion, Wildlife Park is just a rip-off of Zt, with some improvements, but nevertheless less attractive thanthe original game  

Posted by: the_ptbs Oct. 5 2003, 01:32 PM
i've got the english version of the game (i live in ireland) and it really isn't good, its very complicated and your zoo has to be immaculate to get a good rating plus you have to buy all these different members of staff and look after plants and maintain bulidings and there is no money cheat.

I haven't bought the game yet (as it hasn't been released here  ) but it seemed strange to me that there wasn't a money cheat/hack/etc. if it was such a problem. So I did a search for trainers and found one here: http://www.cheathappens.com/show_dl.asp?ID=13881 . Since I don't have the game I haven't been able to try it out and I don't know if it works. Hope this helps!  

Posted by: JordanMK Oct. 14 2003, 09:09 PM
I've been lookin' at screenshots and it looks ummm, odd.  I saw a screen with moose in it and they were HUGE! I would like to splice a couple of animations from it though...  

Posted by: Crookshankz227 Oct. 15 2003, 12:01 PM
I've been lookin' at screenshots and it looks ummm, odd.  I saw a screen with moose in it and they were HUGE! I would like to splice a couple of animations from it though...

Which animations???  

Posted by: Yetton Oct. 15 2003, 07:52 PM
Has anyone got a list of the animals included in the game?  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Oct. 15 2003, 09:34 PM
http://www.wildlifeparkonline.de/Local%20P...teckbriefe.html

it's in German though but you can click the animal icons to get a bigger view  

Posted by: jason Oct. 15 2003, 10:41 PM
Maybe someone could get the graphics off that game and make ZT animals.  

Posted by: Michael Nov. 9 2003, 05:15 PM
If your a real Wildlife Park fan then here is your perfect place .... its the first ever english site about the game and the site is in the making.... so please join and have fun

http://members.lycos.co.uk/ztnforums/index.php?act=idx  

Posted by: Michael Nov. 10 2003, 05:38 PM
Come on guys i know there is more then jsut me as a fan please join its the first enlgish site about the game.... Also i added a new kool skin  

Posted by: Save The Mop Nov. 10 2003, 10:29 PM
I'm curious about this game.Is there a trial version I can download?  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 10 2003, 11:05 PM
Merged with the other wildlife park thread  

Posted by: yahoo Dec. 6 2003, 02:05 AM
All those animals are not as real as Zoo Tycoon animals (they look so cartoony) ....  Even user - created animals are better than that   (i think so ???)

But , I do really like it's scenery (bridges)  

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Dec. 15 2003, 07:13 PM
Wildlife Park is out in the U.S.!!! Did anyone buy it?  

Posted by: jediliz Dec. 15 2003, 07:48 PM
I'm waiting for an ENGLISH language DEMO to be released before I buy it. Or I may buy it once my christmas presents are all bought and wrapped. *shrugs*  

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Dec. 26 2003, 04:59 PM
I got Wildlife Park for Christmas, and I think that it's worth $20! The natural environment are well made, especially the foliage. However, there are some downfalls.

Negative side:
1) The staffs don't have a lot of animations. When they do a task, the animations repeats back and forth. Also, each occupation can only have one gender; for example, only women can be veterinarians.
2) The animals have poor laying animations. When they breathe, the stomach seems to have only 2 animations: inhale and exhale.
3) There are a few variety of guests. Unlike Zoo Tycoon, each guest type has the same color clothes as the others.
4) There are not enough sound effects.
5) The terrains are kind of confusing. There are four types of grasss, many types of snow, and so on... Its like the Age of Mythology terrains.

Positive side:
1) The foliages are so realistic. The trees actually move, and they change colors due to improper care.
2) The waterfalls are a neat addition to the natural environment! They flow according to the direction of how you lower terrains.
3) The water moves! You use a pump, and it can actually flood a big portion of the zoo.
4) The animal shelters are very interesting and appealing to the eyes. Each shelter has a unique charateristic.
5) There are snow and rain, and guests use umbrellas.
6) The bridges aren't that unique, but it's still fun to use.
7) The graphics are easy to cut out! This means that we can use them for Zoo Tycoon.  

Posted by: flamethrower Dec. 26 2003, 05:02 PM
Well, I guess all games have to have SOME fantastic things about them.  I might get it if it's really that good.  

Posted by: Toddy Dec. 26 2003, 05:31 PM
I like wildlife park, but the guest´s is realy hard to please  !!! I builded to exhibits as the first you see when you enters the park, and the first thing the guest´s said when they came in was: "Is this all the animals they have in this park  .  

Posted by: toucan brasil Dec. 26 2003, 05:51 PM
i like better the Zt.
this game don´t have aquariums, the indian elephant is like the african elephant. don´t have bonus animals and secret animals, don´t have dinos.
this is, for me a imitacion.
is now the rival of zootycoon. is my opnion.

Posted by: michicol Dec. 26 2003, 06:02 PM
Well the first zootycoon game didn't have aquariums and dinos, maybe they'll come up with new patches for this game, I would buy it if I could find it! I have tried every where, but I can't find the game.  

Posted by: toucan brasil Dec. 26 2003, 06:11 PM
Well the first zootycoon game didn't have aquariums and dinos, maybe they'll come up with new patches for this game

but, the Wildlife Park have some marine animals like orca, dolphin and shark in «lakes»!.
Zoo tycoon have only the pinguins, polar bears and sea lions.(the first time)
and Zoo Tycoon have dinos, the triceratops the secret animal  

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Dec. 26 2003, 06:29 PM
There is an aquarium in Wildlife Park, but it's not that interesting to look at. By the way, the game changes box cover, and Target has it.  

Posted by: fkalltheway Dec. 27 2003, 11:43 AM
i just looked for it on Target's website but i didn't find anything  

Posted by: toucan brasil Dec. 27 2003, 12:28 PM
i like the reindeer in this game, is more original.
is too bad!! this game don´t have snow leopards and clouded leopards  

Posted by: toucan brasil Dec. 27 2003, 12:29 PM
have any english version demo  

Posted by: Polaryan Dec. 27 2003, 01:06 PM
I was at Target Last night and I bought wild life park. I like it alright, but the staff leaves much to be desired. The detail is great but that detail sacrifices animations. I DO like the orca, I remember posting in a thread about how the orca from marine mania looks all big headed like a balloon pool toy and that he bobs up like a cork after a dive and I got yelled at for saying that it looked un realistic. If im playing a Simulated zoo I WANT REALISM! The orcas are much nice, slim streamlined bodies. I like both games equally BUT. I would like to see more of the nice buildings form WP in ZT cause i do like the flow of game play better

Another thing about WP i like is. You can see how old your animals are.  

Posted by: jediliz Dec. 27 2003, 04:36 PM
I was at Best Buy, Target & Circuit City and could not find Wildlife Park ANYWHERE. Is it out everywhere now? or just certain places right now?

BTW, have they released a demo in ENGLISH yet?  

Posted by: Deanmo19 Dec. 27 2003, 07:48 PM
I heard they will release the first expansion pack for Wildlife Park, "Wild Creatures". It will feature 10 new scenarios and 15 new animals. It is according to Wildlifeparkonline.de.  

Posted by: R-s-n Dec. 27 2003, 07:55 PM
I´m know a site have these game for sell in english and by R$ 20,00.But is in Brazil!If is possible,i´m buy it!  

Posted by: jediliz Dec. 29 2003, 06:29 PM
Polaryan

You said you bought the game @ Target. Was it in English? Or in German like the demo?

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Dec. 29 2003, 06:36 PM
The game is in English.  

Posted by: fkalltheway Dec. 29 2003, 08:54 PM
i was just at Target and Best Buy and both stores did not have it  

Posted by: photo53 Dec. 29 2003, 09:00 PM
I bought it at Babbages.  

Posted by: bilmarjess Dec. 30 2003, 10:23 AM
All these posts have me wanting this game more .When I first saw it at Target it was $29.99 and I didn't want to pay that yet with out more info ,I went back last week and it wasn't there anymore  .I found it on game stop.com for$19.99,so I am going to a Gamestop store on thursday will let you know what I find.  

Posted by: jediliz Dec. 31 2003, 12:42 AM
If anyone has a CompUSA in their area, go to compusa.com, search for the game "Wildlife Park" then do the store location. then either the closest stores or your local store and check for availability. I got the game today. Its VERY COnfusing. Not as easy as Zoo Tycoon, but I think its BETTER (just a tad) than Sea World Adventure Tycoon.

Posted by: voolfie Dec. 31 2003, 01:40 AM

I found Wildlife Park at Amazon.com. I liked the demo even though I know about 2% German. It would rain and has other weather available.  

Posted by: bilmarjess Jan. 1 2004, 07:11 PM
If anyone has a Game Stop near them just bought it for $19.99 there.I haven't played it yet ,but it will surely take a lot more effort than zoo tycoon by the looks of the user manual.I will let you know what I think later.I have been playing Zoo Tycoon from the beginning so I can't wait to check this out.  

Posted by: bilmarjess Jan. 8 2004, 03:36 PM
 Now that I have finally figured out how to play the game pretty well,I do enjoy it however it does take a lot more work than ZT.ZT is still my favorite because of all the great downloads everyone comes up with and the fact that you can really decorate and create a really nice zoo.That said this game does have weather ,like rain and snow ,even lightning strikes(there is a flash on the whole screen)the game is more realistic and it does look like more true environments ,also lots of maps to choose from.It does lack on the items you can choose to decorate with and buildings ect...,but an add on pack is coming so maybe they will add more .Over all it is pretty good,except that when the babies are born the animals complain that their house is over crowded,maybe some one who has this game can help me with that.  

Posted by: Save The Mop Jan. 8 2004, 05:04 PM
I've heard good and bad things about the game. I'm just about ready to go out and buy the game to see what I think of it (The demo doesn't work on my computer). It does seem to have many more features than ZT, although I haven't been able to find much information, because even if I type in "Wildlife Park Game for PC" in a search engine and it still shows hundreds of real wildlife park sites, and the only ones with info about the game have basicly the same info (Which doesn't really tell alot about the game).  

Posted by: Spiderghost Jan. 9 2004, 02:59 AM
I have been in a holding pattern on buying this game with the chance of ZT coming out with something. I've heard some of the gripes but overall what are the pros and cons to the game technically speaking. How many animals are available and what are they.  

Posted by: bilmarjess Jan. 9 2004, 09:52 AM
Here is the animal list you wanted:Warthogs,Camels,Peafowls,Flamingos,King Penguins,Ostrichs,Galapagos Turtles,Nile Crocs,Ibexes,Gazelle,Arabian Oryxes,Bison,Reindeer,Pere Davids Deer,Elk,Okapis,Giraffe,Llamas,Hippos,Zebra,Black Rhinos,Indian and African Elephants,Red Kangaroos,Black Panthers,Sea Lions,Walruses,White Sharks,Killer Whales,Dolphins,Gorillas,Orangutans,Chimps,Raccoons,Grizzly Bears,Koalas,Giant Pandas,Polar Bears,Wolves,White Tigers,Cougars,Leopards,Jaguars,Bengal Tigers,and Lions.Hope that helps.The other things I really like are the trees blow in the wind,you can build bridges across water,the landscaping is more realistic ,and the animals actually jump off of hills and cliffs.Like I said before I still prefer ZT,but this game was worth the price and it is a change of pace ,but everyone likes some thing different so I hope this helps alittle.  

Posted by: bilmarjess Jan. 9 2004, 12:59 PM
 Could someone who has this game help me out?I can't figure out how to get the marine animals in tanks .I know how to make waterfalls swim areas ect...,but I can't get the dolphin orca areas to work.What am I doing wrong?I know you have to use plexiglass or cement walls but what else am I missing ?Any help would be greatly appriaciated .  

Posted by: Save The Mop Jan. 12 2004, 07:06 AM
I bought the game recently and there's a major problem. I've installed it and all, but whenever I click on the icon to play it, the arrow turns into a spinning CD, turns back and the screen goes black for a moment, and then just goes back to the desktop. I tried restarting the computer- didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck.I have every requirement and moreso (I have XP by the way), but the game doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know what's wrong?  

Posted by: bRONXZOO Jan. 12 2004, 07:28 AM
 You have to go to the game Icon and right click and open properties. In there there is a way to play the game as windows 98. It seem it won't play on windows XP. I am not sure of the exact file to change. When I get home I will try on my home computer and post a better answer. I had the same problem and their people told me to do this and it worked. Hope this helps Bronxzoo  

Posted by: Save The Mop Jan. 12 2004, 07:59 AM
 Thank you so much, Bronxzoo. I figured out how to do it. I'm playing the tutorials right now  

Posted by: Toddy Jan. 12 2004, 03:30 PM
Can someone give me some tips on how to please the guests? I am desperat!

Posted by: fkalltheway Jan. 16 2004, 02:19 PM
the guests of wildlife park enjoy paths that are nicely landscaped and that offer them with optimal views of the animals and the park. they also like the various information signs and devices. they need to be able to access indoor attractions when the weather gets bad. guests enjoy seeing plants along the paths, but only if they are cared for by the gardeners. each plant has its own level of attractiveness which you can see if you click on the plant in the plant menu (the attractiveness of the plant is measured in stars). Bring your guests past areas with waterfalls and/or bridges, as they like both of those very much. also be sure to provide the best care you can for the animals so that protestors do not visit and put in plenty of amenities, ie. snack stands, drink stands, rest rooms, benches, and garbage cans.

i hope that helps! pm me if you need any more help  

Posted by: jediliz Jan. 16 2004, 09:26 PM
I've got XP and the game worked for me. Have only played it for a short time and that was only once. I'm hoping that maybe someone will write a strategy or tips book soon so I can really try to get into it.

Did you check and see if you have a virus? Or maybe your CDROm needs cleaned?  

Posted by: Necrotizing Spectre Jan. 17 2004, 12:42 AM
Um, can I ask a dumb question? Is Wildlife Park available in the US? I live in CA and this game is very enticing to me.  

Posted by: Eagle One Jan. 17 2004, 12:46 AM
yes i seen it at target in the us  

Posted by: Necrotizing Spectre Jan. 17 2004, 12:55 AM

Okay, good. But this would seem like a blatant ZT rip-off at first glance, wouldn't it?  

Posted by: Save The Mop Jan. 20 2004, 06:44 AM
I've been playing around with the wholly-aquatic animals and noticed that they complain about there not being any fish, and yet I put the fish despensers in (The correct kind, mi

troublemaker232

Wildlife Park
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 05:29:48 PM »
Wildlife park is alot more specific on the what you have to do. I like it but I thunk that there is alittle to much you are in charge of. I dont understand the whole "not produced" cuase I bought the gmae like 3 months after it came out, but I like it. I wish there were cheats and downloads for it though. B)

Offline PWOKristy

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Wildlife Park
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 10:39:13 PM »
Hello,

Are there any game(a) that is/are like "Wildlife Park"?

Speaking of which: Does anyone know when the Add-on (for "Wildlife Park") will be Released? I've heard May 1st (on 1 web site), is that true?

And does anybody know where I can (currently) buy "Dino Island" and/or "Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis"?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Kristy!

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Wildlife Park
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 09:10:21 PM »
Merging as there is already a topic on this.  Thanks!

Offline Friend

• Marine Biologist
Wildlife Park
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 02:41:03 AM »
Originally posted by PWOKristy@Mar 22 2005, 05:39 PM
And does anybody know where I can (currently) buy "Dino Island" and/or "Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis"?

i have never seen dino island in the shops, however i allways see JPOG. It depends where you live :) you could allways try Amazon.com ;)

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Wildlife Park
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 11:23:29 PM »
Posted by: markbell Jan. 2 2003, 07:52 AM
I emailed JoWood productions a few days ago regarding what has happened to Wildlife Park. This is the response I got:

"Hi Mark,

You are unfortunately correct, the game has been canned due to ongoing development problems.

Apologies for the disappointment, it's a shame -- we really liked the look of the game too!

Regards,
James"  

Posted by: reginasunrae Jan. 2 2003, 04:36 PM
Mark, that's really too bad. I think a lot of people would have bought it if it could've been produced.  

Posted by: beefsteak Jan. 2 2003, 05:01 PM
What was the game like? This is the first I've heard of it.  

Posted by: Frogman Jan. 2 2003, 05:03 PM
Hmm it was another take on Zoo Tycoon. Sadly the site for it was pulled and I don't know where else the screens or info can be found.

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 3 2003, 12:33 AM
But I do !  

http://mitglied.lycos.de/wildlifepark/pics.htm  

Posted by: Frogman Jan. 3 2003, 01:06 AM
Thanks.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 3 2003, 01:16 AM
you're welcome  

Posted by: beefsteak Jan. 3 2003, 01:57 PM
Well it looks pretty good. Definetly more like a wildlife park than a zoo. But for someone reason I get the feeling the game people were right. I just don' t think it would have been all that popular. Too much competition.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 3 2003, 05:35 PM
The graphics look very nice.
I know its one I would have bought if released so kinda glad one less to buy  

Posted by: Eagle One Jan. 3 2003, 10:21 PM
to bad its been cancled i like the fact you could be bridges through the game like rct  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jan. 12 2003, 12:08 AM
There's news about it

German developer Novatrix after a long period of silence has recently announced that their zoo management game Wildlife Park is still under development, although it has changed publishers from Jowood to Koch Media. The current predicted release date is Q2/2003.

http://www.gamershell.com/news/bWildlifePa...tillOnRig.shtml  

Posted by: Frogman Jan. 12 2003, 12:57 AM
That's great news!  

Posted by: Eagle One Jan. 12 2003, 02:56 AM
Yes i cant waite  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 12 2003, 03:32 AM
OK- another game back on the shopping list  

Posted by: Frogman Jan. 12 2003, 03:34 AM
I don't think I will get this one. It has some features I would like in ZT but it is too close and for some reason I dislike the animals a lot...

Not to mention the shelters are a bit cheesy.  

Posted by: icer Jan. 12 2003, 04:07 AM
Yay!
Yeah, I do like ZT better (of course), somehow the colours in the screenshots look a bit weird. Like that really old screenshot of an early version of ZT actually.
I think the thing I dislike about this one is that the exhibits are so unnatural. Sure, zoo exhibits aren't quite as natural as the ones in ZT, but in an ideal world, they would be. WP seems to have enclosures more like a zoo in the past which are being phased out (Indian temples for tigers and elephants etc....)
I wish they'd just dispense with the zoo thing and make a real wildlife park actually. Sort of a cross between ZT and Sim Safari (but at an adult play level of course) and different habitats to choose from, not just African savanna.

I think WP coming out is a very good thing though, because it might make MS stop resting on its laureals and incorporate more features in ZT etc. And once WP got to the bargain bin, I would definitely buy it as I love these types of games  

Posted by: James 24 Jan. 17 2003, 06:48 PM
sorry about my lateness, i dont look at this forum much ,

I looked at the screenshots and I thought that the terrain looked great but the animals looked like they were leaning over , and, especially the tigers they look rather long  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Jan. 18 2003, 06:05 AM
The graphics do seem to have a more "cartoony" effect or something.
I still think it looks nice- and would make an interesting comparison to Zoo Tycoon!  

Posted by: markbell Jan. 18 2003, 01:00 PM
This is great news indeed!  

Like AK, I think it does have a "cartoony" effect to it but I also believe it will add a different dimension to gameplay. If enough of us buy it, notice things in the game which are better than ZT and then notify Blue Fang/Microsoft ...... anything might happen...........  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Feb. 21 2003, 02:49 PM
I just saw the other post about WildLife park and thought I'd check on the news  

Wildlife park will be published by Koch Media. In January 2003 KochMedia was buying the distribution licence.
Estimated release date in Germany, Austria, Swizerland ,UK and Italy will be second week in April 2003.

I don't know of any US release date yet.  

Posted by: Jane Feb. 21 2003, 03:40 PM
thanx  

I´m looking forward to try it  

Posted by: Frogman Feb. 21 2003, 05:16 PM
Wow that really isn't much longer to wait for the game. More press should be released soon I would suspect.

Posted by: Lehner Mar. 2 2003, 02:14 PM
I think it looks "cartoony", too but I will buy it. I will soon submit an igloo rock which I´ve taken out of a screenshot. lol  

Posted by: Eagle One Mar. 8 2003, 05:07 AM
hum thats unusual usual games are released in the us first they must think it wont do well against zoo tycoon  

Posted by: Jens Mar. 8 2003, 06:29 AM
That's because Wildlife Park is being developed in Germany.  

Posted by: Frogman Mar. 8 2003, 10:36 AM
Yes 1503 is also getting a release in Europe before the US because it was made in Germany. I guess they have to get a gew first.

Posted by: Loewenfrau Mar. 20 2003, 11:09 AM
the release date was moved to april 30 . I just hope this is the final date . I'll be in Gemany at this time and certainly will buy the game
r
here's a picture of the box cover and 5 new screenshots

http://hosting1.media-e.com/product-images.../ecd000768k.jpg

]

Posted by: Jane Mar. 20 2003, 11:23 AM
 I am sure this game is great, longing to play it

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Mar. 20 2003, 11:26 AM
Wow!!! They have waterfalls and bridges that can be placed over exhibits. ZT is in competition this year.  

Posted by: Yeti Ironfist Mar. 20 2003, 12:32 PM
Great looking screenshots Loewenfrau! Thank you

What web site did you get those from? Do they have more and/or larger versions? Those bridges are looking really tempting... Those little snow capped mountains in the mountain goat exhibit look great too.  

Posted by: ToaOfTime09 Mar. 20 2003, 12:41 PM
I HAVE TO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has bridges!!!

Posted by: zoomaster3 Mar. 20 2003, 03:17 PM
WOW! I hope they'll release this in the US!!! Now I think it would be great to have the new features like bridges and stuff added into ZT!!! We should tell MS  

Posted by: MinGraphics Mar. 20 2003, 04:54 PM
I'm a sucker for any game like this, I will be buying 1503 AD next week when it is released, and have been waiting for Wildlife park ever sence I came across the web site months ago. I diden't think it looked as good as ZT, but why not!  

Posted by: Frogman Mar. 20 2003, 07:31 PM
I also was thinking about getting 1503. However I played the demo and wasn't all that inspired for some reason. I have and love 1602 so I don't know why I wasn't impressed.

Posted by: reginasunrae Mar. 20 2003, 10:23 PM
It looks like mayhaps they've been paying attention to what zoo players are saying!  The screenshots look much improved over those that were out, what was it, around a year ago? Not bad at all!  

Posted by: ourtime99 Mar. 21 2003, 05:49 AM
It looks like it might be worth the investment, though I'd rather M$ took note and just incorporated the things we like about it into the next expansion or ZT2.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Mar. 21 2003, 08:50 PM
i really wonder how much it would be once released in the US.

In Germany it's almost $50 !!!  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Mar. 22 2003, 01:45 AM
I like the paths and fences. The exhibits are not very realistic looking though and it would be nice if they had different animals to what already is in ZT.

I am not sure about getting this one now. Maybe if everyone raves about it when it comes out I will.  

Posted by: frogger Mar. 22 2003, 08:13 AM
I like the game but I am wondering if it will take over ZT we don't won't that to happen  

Posted by: Tanis Mar. 22 2003, 10:46 AM
I'm interested in the look of the game, but will I have time to play it?  

I think I will do what I allways tend to do.
And this is to wait & see what happens when it comes out & wait for all the patches that come out to fix all the faults it has & then buy the game.  

Tanis  

Posted by: Silk Mar. 22 2003, 10:47 AM
You have been living and enjoying the US for too long Lowenfrau  

Welcome to what the rest of the world has to pay for things, $50 isn't that high for most full game pricing over here, games have been creeping up towards the £45 mark ($60?) over this side of the water for some time.

I spent some time in Germany a few years back, and pricing certainly wasn't cheap for many things even to a brit. (the first time I ordered a weisbier in in Kolne, I nearly fell off my stool  ) But the prices were fine to most of the locals who had a higher cost of living anyway (and wages/pensions to suit )

Posted by: Aussie Koala Mar. 22 2003, 11:24 AM
It does seem expensive compared to Zoo Tycoon though I must say.

Tanis, you are right about the patches- hardly any game these days does not have at least a couple.  

Posted by: Jane Mar. 22 2003, 11:46 AM
 A bit out of subject but the euro is raising prices in Europe  

Posted by: Frogman Mar. 22 2003, 12:50 PM
Well if it is more than $30 here I doubt that anyone will purchase it in the way they would ZT. Considering it would be on the same shelf as ZT it wouldn't be much competition unless it can compete with a similar price.

Posted by: TitaniumKnuckles09 Mar. 22 2003, 12:53 PM
When it comes out im gonna try the demo first (if there is one) and then decide if im gonna buy it.  

Posted by: jediliz Mar. 26 2003, 12:30 PM
I hope there will be a demo, too. I tried the zoo tycoon demo and was like "I have to have this" and got it a short time afterwards.

I am sure that places like Best Buy or Circuit City or CompUsa will have it on sale some time after its release.

I got Marine Mania pretty cheap ($18) at this electronics superstore that is sort of more local than national, so I'll check there as well.

I can't wait.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Apr. 8 2003, 10:34 AM
Brand new secreenshots :

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/2...03_21_56_52.JPG

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/2...03_21_18_53.JPG

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/1...03_16_32_27.JPG

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/3...03_11_24_20.JPG

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/2...03_21_48_20.JPG

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/2...03_21_56_16.JPG

and here some more:

http://img1.gamesweb.com/pc/w/wildlifepark/prev01.jpg

http://img1.gamesweb.com/pc/w/wildlifepark/prev02.jpg

http://img1.gamesweb.com/pc/w/wildlifepark/prev03.jpg

Interesting , it's raining in some of the shots !  

Posted by: Jens Apr. 8 2003, 11:16 AM
Wow, those screenshots are so great! And the animals have been improved a lot! At first, they were like cartoon animals, but they are great now  Looking forward to it!  

Posted by: Yeti Ironfist Apr. 8 2003, 02:01 PM
Awww MAN. Over and over again. They keep teasing us with these pictures of bridges! Hehe

I couldn't get the second set of links to work, but was able to get to the main page, and then to the preview (http://gamesweb.com/pc/previews/w/wildlifepark/prev-index.php), but even on the preview page, the images are just blank and nothing comes up when I click on them (the code says a javascript window should open with the image in it). Maybe they're just temporarily unavailable?

Edit:

Never mind. It started working for me!

I just realized something - I predict that a lot of new Zoo Tycoon objects will be created using the graphics from Wildlife Park!

Edit2:

Wow! I did two things - I checked out the rest of the screen shots on that site that has the review... some really cool things I saw - a water / land combo exhibit with walruses, a tank with sharks, a mixed savannah exhibit, guests with baby carriages, guests in the rain that had pulled out umbrellas... Lots of great stuff. I also pumped the German review into BabelFish to get it translated. It's NOT perfect, but you can make out the gist of it. Here is the conclusion and features list from the end of the review:

Result
On the whole it seems to be able to take up ' Wildlife park ' problem-free with the competition ' zoo Tycoon ' from the house Microsoft. Particularly in punkto complexity the play has already now clearly the nose in front. However the diagram is not on the height of the time, which is to be quite hurt however with a play of this category. The performance and AI problems should be hopefully repaired up to final release. Otherwise the play makes a matured impression and shows that complexity can result in a play paired with user-friendliness and a good topic, on which both the whole family and the simulation fan be pleased can.

Feature

* 45 different animal species
* various animal behavior
* rich selection of play and climbing devices
* free landscape design
* 10 different personnel types
* active influencing control on personnel price increase by direct command assignment
* 20 missions approximately around the globe and free play
* atmospheric, tendencyful music and realistic noises

Sounds promising!  

Posted by: dragon Apr. 8 2003, 04:24 PM
To me it look's like they took some of the thing's from RTC and ZT and combined them to make the wildlife park. Ya gotta love the waterfalls and bridges.  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Apr. 8 2003, 07:51 PM
The exhibits are huge! Those shack like things attched to the exhibit fence- I wonder what they are for. Unless is where the animals food goes?

The screenshots look good.  

Posted by: Yeti Ironfist Apr. 8 2003, 08:13 PM
I saw those too AK. I wasn't sure if it was an entrance, a place for the zoo keepers to feed the animals, or maybe even a feeding station for guests. I guess we'll find out soon  

Posted by: beefsteak Apr. 9 2003, 12:54 AM
I'll certainly be looking into getting this game. I think I'll wait to hear what all of the brave people who get it first have to say.  

Posted by: txjaman Apr. 9 2003, 01:21 PM
screenshots look great. Going to wait like beefsteak before I rush out and get it. I do love the bridges over the exhibits and more natural looking paths and walls. Not sure I like the looks of the shelters or extra scenery that you can put in. Some of it just doesn't look natural.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Apr. 9 2003, 04:41 PM
Bad news.
The release date of the game was changed from april 30. to mai 14.
I was planing on getting the game during my vacation in Germany but now I won't be able to. I'm leaving there mai 9th  

Posted by: tritopsrob Apr. 9 2003, 06:01 PM
when will this come out in the states? and what animals are in it? because it;s sounds and looks very interesting  

Posted by: fkalltheway Apr. 10 2003, 09:09 AM
i will deffinately buy this game when it comes out in the US

i still think i like the ZT animals better, but the scenery and many more objects in WP make it worth buying.

the bridges going through the exhibits look great!
and the waterfalls do too!  

Posted by: dillo Apr. 10 2003, 08:39 PM
hmm....I probably won't be getting it but hopefully this will push microsoft to come up with bridges, waterfalls and other creative ideas  

Posted by: Eagle One Apr. 12 2003, 11:18 PM
I like it i may download the demo first before buying  

Posted by: Loewenfrau May. 13 2003, 11:50 PM
Wildlife Park went Gold and will be available in stores in Germany, Swizerland and Austria by the end of this week.
I'll probably get my copy by the end of next week then  

There's a very cool trailer available for download ( not recommended for dial up useres - 24 MB)

http://download.bravo.de/games/Videos/wildlife-trailer.exe  

Posted by: Eagle One May. 14 2003, 12:58 AM
Cool that is some good news. Now i just cant waite untill its realeased in the US  

Posted by: Silk May. 31 2003, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the link Lowenfrau, was interesting to see that the trailer used english in its captioning. Especialy as it is hard to find any 'real' info on this in anything but German.

For those of us that don't speak German I did dig out a couple of links which lead to two interviews with the dev team in english. Both are in PDf format (as in use acrobat reader) but make interesting reading and hint that the game might look a little cartoony, but looks like it will be 1: BIG and 2: not as simple as you would first think.
This link takes you to a German(?) fan site
http://mitglied.lycos.de/wildlifepark/
which if you follow the Dowloads link to
Interview mit Bluemonday (englisch, *.pdf)
&
Interview mit Derek dela Fuente (englisch, *.pdf) lead to the interview I mention...interesting reading

Also looks likt the official site http://www.wildlife-park.de/ is intending constructing an english version of the page (faded out english link in top r/h corner) and a demo is on the way (from my VERY limited knowledge of German  )

Also as a sytem spec readout, it goes something like this

Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP
other Windows 95 (with DirectX 5.0 +)
NT 4.0 (with Service Pack 4)

Pentium II 500 MHz (recomended: 1 GHz)
128 MB RAM (recomended: 256 MB)
800 MB Free Hardisk space
4-speed CD-ROM -Laufwerk(?)

4 MB Graphics card with 16-Bit Colour
Mouse

Tastatur(?)

Soundcard Stereo

-----------------

Tastatur , that's the keyboard.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau May. 31 2003, 08:35 AM
I got the game this week but didn't get to try it much.
I did the first tutorial and so far it looks nice

There's much much more to take care of than in ZT.

I'll make somekind of review when I played more.

I also sent e-mail to Koch Media and ask if they already have a release date for the english speaking amrket but they didn't reply yet.

The coolest thing I noticed so far is the water engine. To get a pond you have to make a pit and put a water pump in there. Then you can view how the water fills up the pit. Same goes for the waterfalls. You make a ditch in one or more levels and after you put the pump in the water runs down.
I'll try to make some screenshots to post here.

The brigdges are great too. They get generated by the game when you place path across a ditch.  

Posted by: zoomaster3 May. 31 2003, 04:06 PM
This game looks cool, can't wait till it comes out in US...

It has some features I wish ZT had like bridges and stuff...

ZM3  

Posted by: jkl337 Jun. 14 2003, 09:09 AM
Amazon has a Wildlife Park set for release on October 21, 2003 for $19.99 made by a company called Encore Software. And according to Encore Software web page it has an expected Release Date: 10/15/2003 and price is $29.99 there is also a link to the official Wildlife Park website

Posted by: jediliz Jun. 14 2003, 03:44 PM
why can't it be released here yet? Oh why oh why........ I want to try it out. If the rumor about Zoo Tycoon 2 is true, this would occupy me for awhile until that was released.  

Posted by: Eagle One Jun. 14 2003, 04:46 PM
Good news indeed i will buy a copy

Posted by: James 24 Jun. 15 2003, 11:08 AM
The UK release date is 5th of September, I may have to downloaded the trialer and have a look  

Posted by: JBurnaBTNH Jun. 19 2003, 09:16 PM
I went to that encoresoftware.com and there is an option where you can order it....is it just me or is it already released online???

nevermind....you can preorder it.....not order order it  

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jun. 19 2003, 09:29 PM
Just from the screenshots, I can tell that it is just amazing!  I'm going to d/l the demo if they have one. I'm checking the site out right now, but they don't seem to have an english version of thier site or it's not up yet.

Also, if anybody knows where I can get a demo for this, could you post a link?  

Posted by: Eagle One Jun. 19 2003, 11:11 PM
as far as i know there isnt a demo available yet  

Posted by: Silk Jul. 3 2003, 03:42 AM
A little more news on W-P for us Uk residents

Looks like the anticipated release date for WP in the UK is September 5th (according to Amazon.co.uk, whose pre-order price is actualy pretty good)

They also have added some pics and a little bit of info (okay same as the DE sites, but at least us ignorant surfers who cant speak DE can understand it now  )

Features

45 lovingly animated & realistically simulated mammals, reptiles, birds & sea animals

Huge range of animal behaviour with individual socialization, births, ageing, aggression & trainability

Free landscape design on various height levels with indigenous plants, bridges & waterfalls

Create your enclosures from scratch; place feeding devices, plants, various toys & climbing equipment

Use qualified personnel to care for the animals & the park, from animal wardens & trainers

20 missions based in locations from around the world, from the British Isles to Alaska!

Manufacturer's Description
Experience the pleasure of designing the zoo of your dreams, while keeping it profitable. Forget cages, create ideal environments for your animals & then watch their lifelike behaviour from close up. Once your pandas are happy enough to proliferate, you'll know you're on the right path... Build your park in a temperate climate, or for a greater challenge in a desert or the tropics. In any case make sure the visitors to your park encounter something new around every corner - & don’t forget to tempt them with various souvenir & refreshment stands!

Have any of our European cousins played this enough for a review from a ZT users point of view yet?  

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Jul. 3 2003, 09:01 PM
This game sounds great. From the review, it says that there will be killing and mating animations. Is this true?  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jul. 3 2003, 11:51 PM
i have not seen killing animations yet but yes there's mating animation

http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/27/3973527/...23439396138.jpg

http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/27/3973527/...33661653735.jpg

http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/27/3973527/...23038653032.jpg  

Posted by: Eagle One Jul. 3 2003, 11:59 PM
o boy look at all the animals having a party  

Posted by: Catfish Charlie Jul. 4 2003, 12:07 AM
ROTFL, I think I'll make the mating pandas my new avatar!  
j/k of course!  

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jul. 4 2003, 12:15 AM
ooo, look, it's the Discovery Channel! lol.

They made it look pretty natural, although the female moose looks like she is in an awkward and compromising postition and the female Flamingo kind of looks wierd under the male.

However, what I would like to see is how they manage to do it for fish as thiers is, well, somewhat less complicated. Ah, what the hey, let's go watch the Discovery channel everybody.

Honestly, the graphics are great and if they have the animations for the mating habits, what about courtship like male moose pushing antlers, big horn sheep ramming and that stuff?  

Posted by: Rolarin Jul. 7 2003, 01:31 PM
-->

[speachless]

ummmm....  

interesting game.

if i even get some cash, i will have to buy it..  

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jul. 10 2003, 10:00 PM
New info at Gamespot! :D http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wildli...ws_6071401.html plus tons of new screenshots! :D I'll check it out and see if there's anything interesting.

Here's what the announcement says:

UK-based publisher Koch Media has today released new information on Wildlife Park for the PC, which it signed the European publishing rights to in March. The game, which is currently in development at JoWood Productions, will challenge players to keep both animals and visitors happy as they establish and maintain zoological parks all over the world.

The game will feature 45 different species, including mammals, reptiles, birds, and sea creatures--each with its own distinct behavior. Players will, of course, have the option to establish and run their own park as they see fit, but the game will also offer 20 varied missions in which they'll have to complete objectives involving breeding programs, development projects, crisis management, and the like to succeed.

Wildlife Park is currently scheduled for release in Europe in September, and although no North American release date has been announced at this time, the game will be released in that territory by Encore. For more information on Wildlife Park, check out our previous coverage of the game.

Hmm, I wonder what kind of crisis management it's talking about, besides saving critically endangered species and conservation issues.

There is evidence of some kind of training and shows, the waterfalls look so natural. Also, I think the macaws may be like those background birds that are in ZT. It looks like the way shows work will be different from ZT, too bad it's still in german.....  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jul. 10 2003, 10:08 PM
I wonder why they say European release will be in September ??

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jul. 10 2003, 10:14 PM
I have also noticed that in two of the screenshots, there are wheelchairs, which means disabled access (which I think was a wish posted a while ago), however, in one pic where the entire person is visible, the guy looks almost headless,  They really need to fix that.

Pic analysis 2: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wildli...ns.html?page=60 and http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wildli...ns.html?page=59

There is a summer storm going on in these two, so, weather obviously, so I guess in northern climes, we would expect snow in the winter and in tropical regions, seasonal rainstorms. Also, could someone translate the list on pic 59 because I think that may be a high score or something.

Pic analysis3: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wildli...ns.html?page=39
Hmm, is that a shark in the tank there? Also, I wonder why some of those trees look almost dead, maybe they are deciduous?

Also, in at least one pic, I have seen signs of what may be an invisible fence or some kind of safari trail feature.

If anybody want's to know what the temp says in the pics, but don't know how to convert centigrade to farenheight, here's a http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/chemistry/g...ts_en.html#temp. I've looked and they can range from 6 degrees F into the 80's, although I suspect that it would get colder than 6 degrees Farenheight. Also, I've noticed that there are at least 5 maybe 6 themes or building styles.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Jul. 10 2003, 10:59 PM
the list are staff stats. If they are happy or not ( red or green smilie and bar indicator)

the trees look dead because they didn't got watered. You have to hire a gardener who takes care of your foliage.

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jul. 10 2003, 11:03 PM
QUOTE (Loewenfrau @ Jul 10 2003, 07:59 PM)

Oh, that's probably what I saw, so I guess this game is in it's own ways, alot more versatile than ZT, although some animals like the Giraffe and the ape (probably Oranguatang) look worse than thier ZT counterparts and I'd pic ZT anumals any day.  

Posted by: planetkitty Jul. 11 2003, 08:07 AM
just checked amazon.com for wildlife park. they show a release date of oct 21  

Posted by: Orkidgal Jul. 11 2003, 03:48 PM
It seems like the designers of WP designed this game by looking at hte Zoo admin wish list! All the stuff people seem to ask for appears to be there.  

Posted by: michicol Jul. 11 2003, 05:28 PM
Is there a demo yet, and do they have mud, and what kind or birds does the game have, I think the animation is better than zt except the shelters.  

Posted by: Eagle One Jul. 11 2003, 05:38 PM
there isnt any demos i know of yet  

Posted by: michicol Jul. 11 2003, 05:52 PM
What kind of rides and buildins does it have?  

Posted by: smjjameszooz Jul. 11 2003, 07:41 PM
QUOTE (Orkidgal @ Jul 11 2003, 12:48 PM)
It seems like the designers of WP designed this game by looking at hte Zoo admin wish list!  All the stuff people seem to ask for  appears to be there.  

I agree, it definetly has qualities that ZT doesn't have, buit we would have to play the demo or (for those in Europe) have the game itself to really compare it to ZT.

Also, does anybody know if someone has figured out how to edit animals or is the files and coding different from ZT? (it is probably in a language other than english though.)

@Michol, look at the pics on Gamespot. It seems to have the same buildings and more, it seems to have a health care center, some kind of workshop (a shack with a wrench sign above it), what I think might be an info booth, and there is a building with a few silos that I have seen in several screens, but can't figure out what the heck it is.

I've found some info on the features from the Encore Software (the US Publisher, mentioned on Gamespot), and it does give some insight into the game.

Choose a variety of terrains with different climates, environmental sounds and music themes to start your park in. But be careful in your choices in climates and animals, as keeping a polar bear happy in the Sahara is an incredible challenge!

No single goal to reach the finish of the game. The park has to be managed well to gain access to new areas, attractions and more importantly, exotic animals

45 detailed, seamlessly animated and simulated species ranging from mammals and reptiles to birds and marine animals
Fascinating, challenging and realistic animal behavior in areas such as reproduction, socialization, aging, birth, aggression and "trainability"

Animals can be trained with a huge variety of interaction devices such as trampolines, ropes, slides, trees and video screens

No-limits landscaping at various heights, many plants, bridge constructions, ponds, rivers and waterfalls, and buildings

10 professions for your personnel to care for the animals and park: Feeder, Garbage, Zookeeper, Animal Catcher, Gardener, Scoutmaster, Vet, Worker, Animal Trainer, First-Aid

Building architecture style differs by climate

Transparent walls give visitors a better view of marine animals, allowing you to build underwater observation rooms.

The mention about the sahara and the fact that architecture varies by climate implies internationality and possibly the ability to choose the continent or region or possibly city.  

Posted by: Orkidgal Jul. 22 2003, 11:03 PM
I will surely buy it if it comes out in the US! It looks as though it has everything anyone could ask for!  

Posted by: Bigcatkeeper Aug. 5 2003, 03:42 PM
I was reading in a magazine and the release date for it in the uk is September 12th 2003 and i will be buying it!  

Posted by: Crookshankz227 Aug. 25 2003, 07:09 AM
Does anyone hve pictures of the animals giving birth?
Do they grow or stay the same size, like in ZT?
Do they have whales?
What species of elephant are there?
Do they live in herds?
Do the whales live in pods?  

Posted by: Jane Aug. 25 2003, 09:23 AM
Loewenfrau:I wonder why they say European release will be in September ??

I asked for it in a store here in Sweden Saturday and they had not even heard of it, I guess it´s just the lucky Germans that have it so far.

I have seen the releasedate 21/10-03  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Aug. 25 2003, 10:27 AM
right, Germany, Switzerland and Austria all got in already in spring this year.

I have to say I don't like it very much. The game play is so much different from ZT (more complicated). There's some bugs which finally have been addrssed with a patch but obviously this patch caused other bugs.

I also experience problems with launching some of the maps for no known reason.

I have it for about 4 month now but cannot say I really played it for the reasons above.  

Posted by: disneyfabfive Aug. 25 2003, 10:44 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wildlifepark/news.html

I found this on Game Spot.

Beth

Posted by: Texgnome1 Aug. 25 2003, 11:58 AM
Looks great, but Lowenfrau's comments definitely are concerning. Think I'll wait to hear what those who buy it say, and if it isn't too good, will just stick with ZT for now.  

Posted by: Ultimate Fox Aug. 25 2003, 12:28 PM
the game doesn't appeal to me
sure it has alot of very cool features but what loewenfrau said and plus i wouldnt buy it do to the mating animations. I dont mind them but i wouldnt want my little sister to.

I'll stick to Zoo Tycoon. Plus i like thier marine animals better then thiers  

Posted by: Toddy Sep. 3 2003, 09:34 AM
Here is a link for a good fansite were you can see all of the animals

http://www.wildlifeparkonline.de/include.php?path=start.php

You can also buy it on http://www.amazon.co.uk  

Posted by: Jane Sep. 3 2003, 03:20 PM
Very nice pictures and information there.
I will give this game a try  

Posted by: James 24 Sep. 3 2003, 03:25 PM
I just read a review I got of it in a magazine. It got 52% which isn't bad. I'll give you a few quotes .

Visually, it's clearly inferior to Zoo Tycoon

Wildlife Park is a shameless Zoo Tycoon Clone

The whole review is like that LOL. I wont go any futher.  

Posted by: Ultimate Fox Sep. 3 2003, 03:36 PM
I jus ttook a look at those animals. I would have to say Im very intrested. They have several animals ZT doesnt have like koalas, peafowls, galapagous tortoise, some kind of deer, and racoons.  

Posted by: WildLifeParkOnline Sep. 11 2003, 04:50 PM

Hello, I'm webmaster of WildLifeParkOnline.de

I hope you can undertsand my english.
I just wanted to let y'all know that we are going to have an english version of the site.
I hope for your support.

Has WLP already been released in the US/England ?

MFG Elchi  

Posted by: Jane Sep. 12 2003, 02:24 AM
I went over there and found that now you can have information in English. I didn´t really understand the post.

http://wildlifeparkonline.de./include.php?path=start.php

What I know it hasn´t been released in US and UK and will not be out in rest of Europe until middle or late October  

Posted by: Spiderghost Sep. 12 2003, 04:06 AM
At least it gives us choices and might even motivate M$ to give players what they want for ZT.  Looks interesting but I would wait and see about those bug problems Loewenfrau mentioned.  

Posted by: Silverness Sep. 16 2003, 01:09 AM
Ive just bought Wildlife Park in the UK at my local Game. Ive only played for about 2 hrs so far and I think its ok the graphics are nicer than Zoo Tycoon but the game play is more complicated and difficult. I only bought Zoo Tycoon and expantion packs the week before!. Im usually an avid The Sims fan but was having a lull and wanted to try somthing different untill the next exp comes out. When I saw Wildlife Park I thought oh no this looks better and bought it like a mug  But dispite the pretty graphics it lacks the playability of ZT at the moment because it dosent have the downloads fantastic fan sites and forums like this one  and extras like ZT but maybe that will come soon. The other main problem I have with WLP is in the furthest out zoom the game goes very choppy when you scroll across the screen and at the moment Im on a very small park so god knows what it will be like later. I have a reasonably good spec Comp and can't work out why I have this prob and at the moment have there is knowhere to ask! My advice to all is if you have the money spare and love this type of animal based game buy it if you have to save and save for it wait for ZT 2  

Posted by: Babysealz010 Sep. 16 2003, 10:57 PM

Posted by: benschler Sep. 16 2003, 11:12 PM
from what the screen shots show me, i don't thinks its graphics are as good as Zoo Tycoons, and i most likely won't be buying it.

Posted by: Sea Unicorn Sep. 17 2003, 12:04 AM
A lot of new objects for ZT is made from Wildlife park like the exhibit accessories made by Loewenfrau.  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Sep. 17 2003, 12:23 AM
right, the graphics are really not bad.
Also the game "idea" and content.
Only thing that I don't like is the game play. Especially when you're used to play ZT.  

Posted by: Sea Unicorn Sep. 17 2003, 12:25 AM
The colors are too warm that makes it hot. The graphics are really bad because it is not in 3D like ZT  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Oct. 1 2003, 10:34 PM
There's now a Demo version available for download

http://pool.download.t-online.de/download/...MO__DEUTSCH.EXE

It's 121 MB and only in German. No English demo yet, sorry. But for a sneek peak it's good enough  

Posted by: BJG3 Oct. 4 2003, 01:08 PM
Hello, Longtime fan of the zoo admin, first time posting. I was searching Amazon.com for info on the Seaworld tycoon that you've been discussing and I found an upcoming release from Encore Software called "Wildlife Park". Amazon shows it releasing on Oct. 21, 2003 at $ 19.00. Encore Software's site shows it releasing Oct. 15, 2003 at $ 29.00. I don't know which ones right but for now I'll believe the manufacturer. You can find info on it at Encore Software's site at http://www.encoresoftware.com/dbdriven/det...&category=games

There is an official site for Wildlife Park at http://wildlifepark.de It has 13 screenshots and a downloadable demo. The graphics look very good especially the animal shelters. The animals also look good. The terrain designs look awesome. Thought I would let you guys know about this game if you haven't already seen it. It looks very promising.

Posted by: flamethrower Oct. 4 2003, 01:57 PM
Did you try the demo? Sounds like another good game.  

Posted by: Lehner Oct. 4 2003, 02:04 PM
Isn´t this the regular Wildlife Park game? I have it since several weeks - or where it months?  ?  

Posted by: flamethrower Oct. 4 2003, 02:09 PM
Could be a new one. Maybe it's an expansion pack, or a whole new company made one.  

Posted by: Angel-Katt Oct. 4 2003, 02:56 PM
never heard of it,have beentoo busy playing Zoo Tycoon to care anyway...  

Posted by: jediliz Oct. 4 2003, 05:14 PM
I believe this is the same one that was found out about months ago, but only came out in the UK? Its finally being released in the USA I guess. Downloading the demo now. I'll hopefully pick this up when I get Sims:Making Magic around halloween.  

Posted by: Eagle One Oct. 4 2003, 06:11 PM
looks good . there is a thread already open for this came so i going to compine them thanks  

Posted by: flamethrower Oct. 5 2003, 12:44 AM
Is the site supposed to be in a different language instead of English? What about the demo? Is it in a different language?  

Posted by: Eagle One Oct. 5 2003, 12:46 AM
the site is in german and the demo is in german right now. and english version of the game will be released soon  

Posted by: ZT Adictee Oct. 5 2003, 12:48 AM
Looks really good to me!

( I wish I spoke German )  

Posted by: flamethrower Oct. 5 2003, 12:51 AM
Is there even an English version of the for-sale game? Maybe that's what the release date is.  

Posted by: ZT Adictee Oct. 5 2003, 12:53 AM
WOW! I just saw the trailer, amazing!!!! Looks betetr than ZT! All three ZT's combined, build instant bridges, etc... I'm not sure, but I think this could be one of the greatest ZT rip-offs ever!  

Posted by: Eagle One Oct. 5 2003, 01:02 AM
dont get to excited i been playing the german version for awhile now and its isnt as good as zoo tycoon  

Posted by: nornironer Oct. 5 2003, 02:26 AM

Posted by: Bongo Oct. 5 2003, 04:24 AM
Wildlife Park is a game very similar to ZT, created by the German company Novatrix.It was published this year in Germany . Some elements of it have already occured on this page(look under downloads for Exhibit accessories).
I just borrowed the game from my libraryand I have to say I am not really convinced by it; Zt is better.
The advantages:
1.It's more realistic: weather and daytime change, animals react differently to the weather conditions(for example: giraffes get ill when it's cold while pinguins can't stand the heat);
2.You have more workers and buildings with different tasks: vets, gardeners, security people...
3.You have some additional animals than ZT: racoon, koala,peacock, PaterDavid's deer,Arabian oryx, and some, like the oryx, are really nicely made, especially the elephants are better than in ZT

The disadvantages:
1.The animals don't tell You with smileys what they like or not, there's just a tiny info screen what they don't like; they want more and more and more stuff...
2.The guests are really hard to please!
3. There are no restaurants or larger toilets or more buildings-the other stuff for decoration is quite boring
4.You never have enough money, even in the free game
5.You can put zebras and lions together, and nothing happens
6.Some animals are not well animated(for example: the koala-which has a low guest attractiveness?!)
7.Zookeepers and other staff members can walk through closed doors
8.They don't have a bongo antelope  !!!
9.The handling is very complicated and after a while You can get quite frustrated
In my opinion, Wildlife Park is just a rip-off of Zt, with some improvements, but nevertheless less attractive thanthe original game  

Posted by: the_ptbs Oct. 5 2003, 01:32 PM

I haven't bought the game yet (as it hasn't been released here  ) but it seemed strange to me that there wasn't a money cheat/hack/etc. if it was such a problem. So I did a search for trainers and found one here: http://www.cheathappens.com/show_dl.asp?ID=13881 . Since I don't have the game I haven't been able to try it out and I don't know if it works. Hope this helps!  

Posted by: JordanMK Oct. 14 2003, 09:09 PM

Posted by: Crookshankz227 Oct. 15 2003, 12:01 PM

Which animations???  

Posted by: Yetton Oct. 15 2003, 07:52 PM
Has anyone got a list of the animals included in the game?  

Posted by: Loewenfrau Oct. 15 2003, 09:34 PM
http://www.wildlifeparkonline.de/Local%20P...teckbriefe.html

it's in German though but you can click the animal icons to get a bigger view  

Posted by: jason Oct. 15 2003, 10:41 PM
Maybe someone could get the graphics off that game and make ZT animals.  

Posted by: Michael Nov. 9 2003, 05:15 PM
If your a real Wildlife Park fan then here is your perfect place .... its the first ever english site about the game and the site is in the making.... so please join and have fun

http://members.lycos.co.uk/ztnforums/index.php?act=idx  

Posted by: Michael Nov. 10 2003, 05:38 PM
Come on guys i know there is more then jsut me as a fan please join its the first enlgish site about the game.... Also i added a new kool skin  

Posted by: Save The Mop Nov. 10 2003, 10:29 PM
I'm curious about this game.Is there a trial version I can download?  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 10 2003, 11:05 PM
Merged with the other wildlife park thread  

Posted by: yahoo Dec. 6 2003, 02:05 AM
All those animals are not as real as Zoo Tycoon animals (they look so cartoony) ....  Even user - created animals are better than that   (i think so ???)

But , I do really like it's scenery (bridges)  

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Dec. 15 2003, 07:13 PM
Wildlife Park is out in the U.S.!!! Did anyone buy it?  

Posted by: jediliz Dec. 15 2003, 07:48 PM
I'm waiting for an ENGLISH language DEMO to be released before I buy it. Or I may buy it once my christmas presents are all bought and wrapped. *shrugs*  

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Dec. 26 2003, 04:59 PM
I got Wildlife Park for Christmas, and I think that it's worth $20! The natural environment are well made, especially the foliage. However, there are some downfalls.

Negative side:
1) The staffs don't have a lot of animations. When they do a task, the animations repeats back and forth. Also, each occupation can only have one gender; for example, only women can be veterinarians.
2) The animals have poor laying animations. When they breathe, the stomach seems to have only 2 animations: inhale and exhale.
3) There are a few variety of guests. Unlike Zoo Tycoon, each guest type has the same color clothes as the others.
4) There are not enough sound effects.
5) The terrains are kind of confusing. There are four types of grasss, many types of snow, and so on... Its like the Age of Mythology terrains.

Positive side:
1) The foliages are so realistic. The trees actually move, and they change colors due to improper care.
2) The waterfalls are a neat addition to the natural environment! They flow according to the direction of how you lower terrains.
3) The water moves! You use a pump, and it can actually flood a big portion of the zoo.
4) The animal shelters are very interesting and appealing to the eyes. Each shelter has a unique charateristic.
5) There are snow and rain, and guests use umbrellas.
6) The bridges aren't that unique, but it's still fun to use.
7) The graphics are easy to cut out! This means that we can use them for Zoo Tycoon.  

Posted by: flamethrower Dec. 26 2003, 05:02 PM
Well, I guess all games have to have SOME fantastic things about them.  I might get it if it's really that good.  

Posted by: Toddy Dec. 26 2003, 05:31 PM
I like wildlife park, but the guest´s is realy hard to please  !!! I builded to exhibits as the first you see when you enters the park, and the first thing the guest´s said when they came in was: "Is this all the animals they have in this park  .  

Posted by: toucan brasil Dec. 26 2003, 05:51 PM
i like better the Zt.
this game don´t have aquariums, the indian elephant is like the african elephant. don´t have bonus animals and secret animals, don´t have dinos.
this is, for me a imitacion.
is now the rival of zootycoon. is my opnion.

Posted by: michicol Dec. 26 2003, 06:02 PM
Well the first zootycoon game didn't have aquariums and dinos, maybe they'll come up with new patches for this game, I would buy it if I could find it! I have tried every where, but I can't find the game.  

Posted by: toucan brasil Dec. 26 2003, 06:11 PM
Well the first zootycoon game didn't have aquariums and dinos, maybe they'll come up with new patches for this game

but, the Wildlife Park have some marine animals like orca, dolphin and shark in «lakes»!.
Zoo tycoon have only the pinguins, polar bears and sea lions.(the first time)
and Zoo Tycoon have dinos, the triceratops the secret animal  

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Dec. 26 2003, 06:29 PM
There is an aquarium in Wildlife Park, but it's not that interesting to look at. By the way, the game changes box cover, and Target has it.  

Posted by: fkalltheway Dec. 27 2003, 11:43 AM
i just looked for it on Target's website but i didn't find anything  

Posted by: toucan brasil Dec. 27 2003, 12:28 PM
i like the reindeer in this game, is more original.
is too bad!! this game don´t have snow leopards and clouded leopards  

Posted by: toucan brasil Dec. 27 2003, 12:29 PM
have any english version demo  

Posted by: Polaryan Dec. 27 2003, 01:06 PM
I was at Target Last night and I bought wild life park. I like it alright, but the staff leaves much to be desired. The detail is great but that detail sacrifices animations. I DO like the orca, I remember posting in a thread about how the orca from marine mania looks all big headed like a balloon pool toy and that he bobs up like a cork after a dive and I got yelled at for saying that it looked un realistic. If im playing a Simulated zoo I WANT REALISM! The orcas are much nice, slim streamlined bodies. I like both games equally BUT. I would like to see more of the nice buildings form WP in ZT cause i do like the flow of game play better

Another thing about WP i like is. You can see how old your animals are.  

Posted by: jediliz Dec. 27 2003, 04:36 PM
I was at Best Buy, Target & Circuit City and could not find Wildlife Park ANYWHERE. Is it out everywhere now? or just certain places right now?

BTW, have they released a demo in ENGLISH yet?  

Posted by: Deanmo19 Dec. 27 2003, 07:48 PM
I heard they will release the first expansion pack for Wildlife Park, "Wild Creatures". It will feature 10 new scenarios and 15 new animals. It is according to Wildlifeparkonline.de.  

Posted by: R-s-n Dec. 27 2003, 07:55 PM
I´m know a site have these game for sell in english and by R$ 20,00.But is in Brazil!If is possible,i´m buy it!  

Posted by: jediliz Dec. 29 2003, 06:29 PM
Polaryan

You said you bought the game @ Target. Was it in English? Or in German like the demo?

Posted by: Aqua Dragon Dec. 29 2003, 06:36 PM
The game is in English.  

Posted by: fkalltheway Dec. 29 2003, 08:54 PM
i was just at Target and Best Buy and both stores did not have it  

Posted by: photo53 Dec. 29 2003, 09:00 PM
I bought it at Babbages.  

Posted by: bilmarjess Dec. 30 2003, 10:23 AM
All these posts have me wanting this game more .When I first saw it at Target it was $29.99 and I didn't want to pay that yet with out more info ,I went back last week and it wasn't there anymore  .I found it on game stop.com for$19.99,so I am going to a Gamestop store on thursday will let you know what I find.  

Posted by: jediliz Dec. 31 2003, 12:42 AM
If anyone has a CompUSA in their area, go to compusa.com, search for the game "Wildlife Park" then do the store location. then either the closest stores or your local store and check for availability. I got the game today. Its VERY COnfusing. Not as easy as Zoo Tycoon, but I think its BETTER (just a tad) than Sea World Adventure Tycoon.

Posted by: voolfie Dec. 31 2003, 01:40 AM

I found Wildlife Park at Amazon.com. I liked the demo even though I know about 2% German. It would rain and has other weather available.  

Posted by: bilmarjess Jan. 1 2004, 07:11 PM
If anyone has a Game Stop near them just bought it for $19.99 there.I haven't played it yet ,but it will surely take a lot more effort than zoo tycoon by the looks of the user manual.I will let you know what I think later.I have been playing Zoo Tycoon from the beginning so I can't wait to check this out.  

Posted by: bilmarjess Jan. 8 2004, 03:36 PM
 Now that I have finally figured out how to play the game pretty well,I do enjoy it however it does take a lot more work than ZT.ZT is still my favorite because of all the great downloads everyone comes up with and the fact that you can really decorate and create a really nice zoo.That said this game does have weather ,like rain and snow ,even lightning strikes(there is a flash on the whole screen)the game is more realistic and it does look like more true environments ,also lots of maps to choose from.It does lack on the items you can choose to decorate with and buildings ect...,but an add on pack is coming so maybe they will add more .Over all it is pretty good,except that when the babies are born the animals complain that their house is over crowded,maybe some one who has this game can help me with that.  

Posted by: Save The Mop Jan. 8 2004, 05:04 PM
I've heard good and bad things about the game. I'm just about ready to go out and buy the game to see what I think of it (The demo doesn't work on my computer). It does seem to have many more features than ZT, although I haven't been able to find much information, because even if I type in "Wildlife Park Game for PC" in a search engine and it still shows hundreds of real wildlife park sites, and the only ones with info about the game have basicly the same info (Which doesn't really tell alot about the game).  

Posted by: Spiderghost Jan. 9 2004, 02:59 AM
I have been in a holding pattern on buying this game with the chance of ZT coming out with something. I've heard some of the gripes but overall what are the pros and cons to the game technically speaking. How many animals are available and what are they.  

Posted by: bilmarjess Jan. 9 2004, 09:52 AM
Here is the animal list you wanted:Warthogs,Camels,Peafowls,Flamingos,King Penguins,Ostrichs,Galapagos Turtles,Nile Crocs,Ibexes,Gazelle,Arabian Oryxes,Bison,Reindeer,Pere Davids Deer,Elk,Okapis,Giraffe,Llamas,Hippos,Zebra,Black Rhinos,Indian and African Elephants,Red Kangaroos,Black Panthers,Sea Lions,Walruses,White Sharks,Killer Whales,Dolphins,Gorillas,Orangutans,Chimps,Raccoons,Grizzly Bears,Koalas,Giant Pandas,Polar Bears,Wolves,White Tigers,Cougars,Leopards,Jaguars,Bengal Tigers,and Lions.Hope that helps.The other things I really like are the trees blow in the wind,you can build bridges across water,the landscaping is more realistic ,and the animals actually jump off of hills and cliffs.Like I said before I still prefer ZT,but this game was worth the price and it is a change of pace ,but everyone likes some thing different so I hope this helps alittle.  

Posted by: bilmarjess Jan. 9 2004, 12:59 PM
 Could someone who has this game help me out?I can't figure out how to get the marine animals in tanks .I know how to make waterfalls swim areas ect...,but I can't get the dolphin orca areas to work.What am I doing wrong?I know you have to use plexiglass or cement walls but what else am I missing ?Any help would be greatly appriaciated .  

Posted by: Save The Mop Jan. 12 2004, 07:06 AM
I bought the game recently and there's a major problem. I've installed it and all, but whenever I click on the icon to play it, the arrow turns into a spinning CD, turns back and the screen goes black for a moment, and then just goes back to the desktop. I tried restarting the computer- didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck.I have every requirement and moreso (I have XP by the way), but the game doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know what's wrong?  

Posted by: bRONXZOO Jan. 12 2004, 07:28 AM
 You have to go to the game Icon and right click and open properties. In there there is a way to play the game as windows 98. It seem it won't play on windows XP. I am not sure of the exact file to change. When I get home I will try on my home computer and post a better answer. I had the same problem and their people told me to do this and it worked. Hope this helps Bronxzoo  

Posted by: Save The Mop Jan. 12 2004, 07:59 AM
 Thank you so much, Bronxzoo. I figured out how to do it. I'm playing the tutorials right now  

Posted by: Toddy Jan. 12 2004, 03:30 PM
Can someone give me some tips on how to please the guests? I am desperat!

Posted by: fkalltheway Jan. 16 2004, 02:19 PM
the guests of wildlife park enjoy paths that are nicely landscaped and that offer them with optimal views of the animals and the park. they also like the various information signs and devices. they need to be able to access indoor attractions when the weather gets bad. guests enjoy seeing plants along the paths, but only if they are cared for by the gardeners. each plant has its own level of attractiveness which you can see if you click on the plant in the plant menu (the attractiveness of the plant is measured in stars). Bring your guests past areas with waterfalls and/or bridges, as they like both of those very much. also be sure to provide the best care you can for the animals so that protestors do not visit and put in plenty of amenities, ie. snack stands, drink stands, rest rooms, benches, and garbage cans.

i hope that helps! pm me if you need any more help  

Posted by: jediliz Jan. 16 2004, 09:26 PM
I've got XP and the game worked for me. Have only played it for a short time and that was only once. I'm hoping that maybe someone will write a strategy or tips book soon so I can really try to get into it.

Did you check and see if you have a virus? Or maybe your CDROm needs cleaned?  

Posted by: Necrotizing Spectre Jan. 17 2004, 12:42 AM
Um, can I ask a dumb question? Is Wildlife Park available in the US? I live in CA and this game is very enticing to me.  

Posted by: Eagle One Jan. 17 2004, 12:46 AM

Posted by: Necrotizing Spectre Jan. 17 2004, 12:55 AM

Okay, good. But this would seem like a blatant ZT rip-off at first glance, wouldn't it?  

Posted by: Save The Mop Jan. 20 2004, 06:44 AM
I've been playing around with the wholly-aquatic animals and noticed that they complain about there not being any fish, and yet I put the fish despensers in (The correct kind, mi

troublemaker232

Wildlife Park
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 05:29:48 PM »
Wildlife park is alot more specific on the what you have to do. I like it but I thunk that there is alittle to much you are in charge of. I dont understand the whole "not produced" cuase I bought the gmae like 3 months after it came out, but I like it. I wish there were cheats and downloads for it though. B)

Offline PWOKristy

• Pooper Scooper
Wildlife Park
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 10:39:13 PM »
Hello,

Are there any game(a) that is/are like "Wildlife Park"?

Speaking of which: Does anyone know when the Add-on (for "Wildlife Park") will be Released? I've heard May 1st (on 1 web site), is that true?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Kristy!

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Wildlife Park
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 09:10:21 PM »
Merging as there is already a topic on this.  Thanks!

Offline Friend

• Marine Biologist
Wildlife Park
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 02:41:03 AM »
Originally posted by PWOKristy@Mar 22 2005, 05:39 PM

i have never seen dino island in the shops, however i allways see JPOG. It depends where you live :) you could allways try Amazon.com ;)

Offline karlhall39

• Zookeeper
Wildlife Park
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 08:08:35 AM »
i have recently bought wildlife park gold and was wondering if their were any cheats.

(im a cheater)

Offline BlackDragon

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/doubledentertainment/
Wildlife Park
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 01:21:01 PM »
This game is confusing! I cant seem to find out what to do on the demos! Im not getting it although it has tons of critters :D

Offline YourNuts

• Pooper Scooper
Wildlife Park
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 05:37:45 PM »
I don't know if this has been posted, but what are the animals in the game? Can someone post a list?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Wildlife Park
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005, 11:56:54 PM »
list of animals

Blue Peafowl, Flamingo, King Penguins, Masai Ostrich, Galapogos Tortoise, Nile Croc, Ibex, Thompson Gaxzelle, Arabian Oryx, Bison, Reindeer, Pere David's Deer, Elk, Okapi, giraffe, Llama, Dromodary, Wart HOg, Hippo, Burchells Zebra, Arfican Black Rhino, Red Kangeroo, Indian and African elephants, Sea Lions, Walrus, White Sharkm Killer Whale, Bottlenosed Dolphin, Gorilla, Orangutan, Chimp, Racoon, Grizzly Bears, Koala, Panda, Polar Bear, Wolves, White Tiger, Cougar, Leopard, Black Panther, Jaguar, Bengal Tiger and Lions.

included in the Wild Creatures add-on

Komodo Dragon, Arctic Hare, Otter, Anteater, armadillo, beluga, manta ray, mongolian wild horse, quaggas, archaeopteryx, velocraptor, thylacine, gigantoplthecus, mammonteus primigenius, basilosaurus.

Offline Paleo Orca

• Scientist
    • http://www.freewebs.com/cetaceantoons
Wildlife Park
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2005, 06:54:17 PM »
they have basilosaurus! :blink Cool!!! :D

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Wildlife Park
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 12:00:52 AM »
Okay, I am now confused.  I am sure this is posted somewhere, and sure that rnd even told me.  But what are the different games here?  WP1, WPcreatures, WP gold, what is the difference?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Wildlife Park
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2005, 12:12:55 AM »
Wildlife park is the original

wildlife Park Wild Creatures is the add-on for it

Wildlife Park Gold is both Wildlife Park and Wild Creatures on the same disc.

Offline Starstruckdraconic

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://starstricken-disaste.deviantart.com
Wildlife Park
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 02:01:57 PM »
Wow! This game looks amazing!! I'm so going to beg mom for money :D

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wildlife Park
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 05:01:35 PM »
So somebody be truly honest with me, or somebodies. Is Wildlife Park really worth buying?
P.S. I have Dino Island, and it's really wierd cuz you can mutate dinosaurs and cross-breed them and such. But I don't like it very much.

Offline shazzump

• Pooper Scooper
Wildlife Park
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2005, 08:42:40 PM »
i bought this game a coup;e months ago cause i like the tycoon games..  my favorite part the zoo tycoon doesnt have is the bridge walkways.
 you can build your walk way over an exhibit so the peopples can look down into the exhibit.. i love this :)

Offline panda11

• Marine Biologist
    • http://www.frontiernet.net/~TrentonV/
Wildlife Park
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 08:47:17 PM »
Originally posted by kiwibuddy@Aug 8 2005, 05:01 PM
So somebody be truly honest with me, or somebodies. Is Wildlife Park really worth buying?
P.S. I have Dino Island, and it's really wierd cuz you can mutate dinosaurs and cross-breed them and such. But I don't like it very much.
I have it to. never play it though, and I hate the cloning thing.

Offline world

• Zookeeper
Wildlife Park
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2005, 06:24:25 PM »
Ive seen this game before,It looks preety good.may buy..........

Offline pikapower704

• Zookeeper
Wildlife Park
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 01:49:43 PM »
It looks good, im not gonna buy it though. These people should meet with Bluefang and they could make a game. I like the fact that animals mate the way they do in the real world. Id love that in Zoo Tycoon 2. I just never asked about it in the wishlist forum. I think that would give the game an intristing and more realistic turn, what do you think?

Offline Spyder

• Zookeeper
Wildlife Park
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 12:51:52 AM »
But little kids play on zoo tycoon 2... would they really want to see that?

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wildlife Park
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 03:55:25 PM »
Originally posted by Spyder@Dec 1 2005, 02:51 AM
But little kids play on zoo tycoon 2... would they really want to see that?
I like realistic animals, but... I kinda like how the animals simply lie down next to each other to mate instead of actually, yeah you know... :sick