Author Topic: Wildlife Park 2 Demo  (Read 6967 times)

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wildlife Park 2 Demo
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 08:38:21 AM »
(I think someone already posted this, but if not.) There is a bongo, jaguar, raccoon, rabbit, mountain goat, and a moose.

Offline dinorhino

• Pooper Scooper
Wildlife Park 2 Demo
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 08:49:07 AM »
hope mine works. Downloading.....downloading......

Offline HorseGal

• Zookeeper
Wildlife Park 2 Demo
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 01:52:54 PM »
There's also a Shetland Pony :wink:

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
Wildlife Park 2 Demo
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 07:38:15 PM »
yes, what do you do when you get the 'pixelshader problem'? Do you have to buy something new, or can you just download something that makes it work? I heard someone say that they didn't get the pixelshader thing when they downloaded the German version, but they did when they downloaded the English version. I'll just download the German version, as it isn't a problem fot me.. :whistling :laughing:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Wildlife Park 2 Demo
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 11:46:40 PM »
The addition of programmable vertex shaders and pixel shaders makes visual quality in real-time graphics take a quantum leap towards cinematic realism. Thanks to the programmable graphics processors on newer graphics cards, developers can add personalized combinations of graphics operations by using these shaders, creating their own effects to their games.

Effects that can be created with shaders:

· Hair and fur
· Per-pixel lighting
· Underwater effects
· Clothing

The developer creates the shaders in assembly code or in the newly announced Cg language (looks almost exactly like C code) from Nvidia and downloads them onto the Graphics Processor during rendering.

One downside to the shaders is that older graphics card can’t support it because they don’t have programmable graphics processors, but all future cards will most probably have one. Pixel shaders is at the time of this writing only supported by GeForce 3/4TI and RADEON 8500-based cards.

so unless you have those cards the game wont run on your computer

Offline lionsr#1

• Pooper Scooper
Wildlife Park 2 Demo
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2006, 01:11:43 AM »
I have wanted this game since before it came out but then i got the the pixel shader error, does anyone know if GeForce graphics is better than pixelshader because i can get one for 40 pounds (pounds sign don't work on keyboard). If any one knows can you send me a private message because knowing me i'll forget about the topic (very bad memory) then i can get the graphic card today with my paper round money and download the demo until next week when i can get the game
thanks XXXXXX

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Wildlife Park 2 Demo
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2006, 01:18:05 AM »
Do me a favor. Above your post it says "Thread Tools". Hit "Subscribe to Thread." Now it will let you know when someone posts on this thread in your User CP. Use this instead of making others PM you due to your bad memory. It will even email you if you want it to when this thread is updated. Thanks, appreciate it.

Now your question is kinda answered in the post above yours

One downside to the shaders is that older graphics card can’t support it because they don’t have programmable graphics processors, but all future cards will most probably have one. Pixel shaders is at the time of this writing only supported by GeForce 3/4TI and RADEON 8500-based cards.

Pixelshading is something that graphics DO not a specific graphics card. It's a property of a graphics card to render pixel shading. You have to find a graphics card that supports pixel shading, not a PixelShader graphics card.

I've used the demo with a Nvidia GeForce FX 5700, and an ATI Radeon 9550

Offline leopard14

• Pooper Scooper
Wildlife Park 2 Demo
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 11:45:30 AM »
I have played the demo with no probs it's a bit slow sometimes but it works and on sunday im getting wildlife park 2 for my b day

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
Wildlife Park 2 Demo
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2006, 06:16:35 AM »
I think I've played this demo, it's quite fun.