Author Topic: Wild-life Park 2!  (Read 96146 times)

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2005, 05:51:13 PM »
Actually, I believe Zoo Empire came out before ZT2.

Offline Paleo Orca

• Scientist
    • http://www.freewebs.com/cetaceantoons
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2005, 06:03:28 PM »
ah, your right :><

ill still stick with zoo tycoon anyway, since I was disappointed of how the cetaceans look in marine park empire, if zoo tycoon makes them, i hope they are better, and i'm not sure if wildlife park tycoon will make a marine expansion

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2005, 07:06:27 PM »
I agree about Marine Park Empire, but i am excited, because i jsut ordered Zoo Empire!

Offline DragonRider

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2005, 09:05:55 PM »
My main problem is that the enviorment appears extremely bland. Each has, of course, a few trees and shrubs, but it doesn't have the some richness of zoo tycoon. In fact, it looks like a piece of poster board painted green with two or three little plants glued on and an animal stuck in. Of course they have some way to go, I understand that, but they I think they should have at least done a little more work on the game before releasing these shots.

Also, the moose appears way to stocky, built up, I'm not sure how to say it. It appears to buff and has hardly any neck at all. Most of the animals skins are extremely well made, but there physical models could seriously use a touch up. If you look at the gorrila's hands and feet, the fingers are extremely flat and fused together. You can scarcely tell the deviding line in-between them. It also doesn't portray a gorilla very well giving it a more upright posture and skinnier look. If you look at gorrilas in real life you can tell they are much "wider" than they way they are portrayed in WildLife Park 2. In fact, if the moose had a bit of liposuction and the fat was implanted in the gorilla the models might be perfect.

The colors are also incredibly drab. I had the same problem with Zoo Empire where the zoo looked like it was Gotham City Zoo. All the colors are extremely dreary and give off a more or less depressing mood. Wild-Life Park is better than Zoo Empire when it comes to this problem, but it still looks incredibly dreary. The colors and tones in fact look more like realy life color tones, but real life color tones are incredibly "not speacial". Zoo Tycoon on the other hand is extremely bright, and though some what cartoonish, this gives it a sort of sweet charm. I have to admit, it appears they did a much better job with Marine Park in terms of color.

Eventhough the trees look incredibly real, they also appear to have been made using photos, individual pieces cropped out and rearranged to make a 3-d tree. Infact, many things look like pieces of paper cut out and re arranged, esspeacially in the 3-rd person mode. Everything in the tiger shot, except ironically the rocks, trees, and shelter, look like paper cut outs. Elaborating more on the trees, they appear to just be oddly shaped collumns planted in the ground. In zoo tycoon they are sorrounded by a few small plants and rocks but int Wild Life Park 2, there is absolutely no blending of foliage. The enviorment also suffers from no small objects. Tufts of grass, little pebbles, all of which zoo tycoon does have a merely needs a somewhat better system than the system specs to actually enable.

Originally posted by Harrypotter@Jun 16 2005, 08:48 PM
You know the Animals in ZT2 don't really act realistic. The ones in this game act better
What the heck? That doesn't even make sense. What do you have that supports any animal behavior in the game. All the animals are either just eating, walking, or standing stock still.

Offline Paleo Orca

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2005, 11:15:16 PM »
you make a good opinion DragonRider, and point

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2005, 07:11:11 AM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa, Dragonrider, all of that post was complete bashing. How can you decide if it'll be good or bad when it doesn't come out until the middle of 2006? That leaves over a year of improvement to do, and how come you think the colors look bland? This is a WILDLIFE PARK after all, not a zoo.

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2005, 07:53:12 AM »
The reason the screenshots were released so very early in developement, was so that people could get a peak at the game during E3. And to me, the trees look fairly well done, and they are most likely going to improve upon them. And the Gorilla toy, with the tires hanging from the tree, looks very realistic. I can also see what you mean about the moose, and it looks as though its legs could not support it. but, i think most of the animals are so far, off to a good start, those animals are the giraffe, Tiger, Flamingo and the elephant looks okay.

Offline DragonRider

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2005, 03:33:56 AM »
@Xtreme: I'm not bashing. Bashing would involve me verbally attacking someone about something unrelated to the topic. If I called Bob_sob a pig in this topic that would be bashing. The fact that this is a wild life park and not a zoo doesn't really matter. Is there, on average, a color difference between a zoo and a wild life park? And wild life park, from the looks of it, resembles a zoo. The only objects that remotely look like a wild life park are the moose and elephant shots. And also I'm not saying an actual wild life park has bright colors. Rather I'm saying that the shades appear to real. There is nothing about the colors that grabs you and makes you think because the same shades of colors are right outside you window.

@Megaraptor: Gorilla toy (if you read that in a saucy attitude, don't. This is merely meant to address your mistake)? Personally I think it would have been smarter to post the screenshots at next years E3, but you make a good point.

Alpha Wolf

Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2005, 04:17:35 PM »
Well, Zoo Tycoon 2's graphics aren't the worst

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2005, 05:27:28 PM »
Originally posted by DragonRider@Jul 5 2005, 04:33 AM
@Xtreme: I'm not bashing. Bashing would involve me verbally attacking someone about something unrelated to the topic. If I called Bob_sob a pig in this topic that would be bashing. The fact that this is a wild life park and not a zoo doesn't really matter. Is there, on average, a color difference between a zoo and a wild life park? And wild life park, from the looks of it, resembles a zoo. The only objects that remotely look like a wild life park are the moose and elephant shots. And also I'm not saying an actual wild life park has bright colors. Rather I'm saying that the shades appear to real. There is nothing about the colors that grabs you and makes you think because the same shades of colors are right outside you window.

@Megaraptor: Gorilla toy (if you read that in a saucy attitude, don't. This is merely meant to address your mistake)? Personally I think it would have been smarter to post the screenshots at next years E3, but you make a good point.
What mistake about the Gorilla Toy? And there would be no point in showing it at next years E3, because it is being released before that.

Offline PWOKristy

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2005, 01:17:53 PM »
I am gonna buy "Wildlife Park 2". I'm so dang happy it's in 3D too! I love graphics. I wish I could play "Zoo Tycoon 2". I love that Game. But my computer's other function things didn't exactly work (when I had it Installed).

Offline Flame_tiger5

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2005, 05:26:51 PM »
I have the idea that this is just someone taking Blue Fangs Work

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2005, 06:33:22 PM »
Why is it that if someone makes a game, that is similar to another, they're always steeling the idea? Blue Fang "borrowed" alot of stuff from Rollercoaster tycoon. And what about all the First Person Shooters? They mimick eachother all the time, but no one says there taking other peoples work. No-one gives any other Zoo Strategy a chance. And about ZT2 having 3-D graphics first, it was actually Zoo Empire that was the first zoo strategy game with 3-D graphics. I say, wait until there is solid information on the game, before shooting it down.

Offline Paleo Orca

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2005, 06:39:16 PM »
I agree, i'm starting to be more open to other zoo games now :P

Offline yogoshady

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2005, 06:46:56 PM »
i will probaly buy wildlife park because i am addicted to all zoo type games

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2005, 06:47:13 PM »
Okay, animals known to be in the game:
Galapagos Tortoise
Nile or Saltwater Crocodile (pretty sure its a nile)
African Elephant
Zebra
Giraffe
Bengal Tiger
Flamingo
Ostrich
Gorilla
Emperor Penguin
Polar Bear
Grizzly Bear
Moose
Black Rhinoceros

Sadly, the crocodile is green again, instead of Tannish brown. Unless it is a Salty, then green makes sence.
http://www.wildlifepark2.com/
And if these are also in-game graphics I'm impressed.

Offline Paleo Orca

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2005, 06:50:57 PM »
looks like it, i hope it'll have the marine animals like in the first one! :D

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2005, 06:53:04 PM »
Yeah, if they have water effects that are anything like Roller Coaster tycoon 3, then i hope it has a couple marine animals. I would be happy with jsut An Orca, Bottlenose Dolphin, Sea Lion and walrus.

Offline Paleo Orca

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2005, 06:56:14 PM »
you know what i want in it :P  hope the orca will be better than the one in RCT3 too

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2005, 06:59:20 PM »
Yeah, i am sure if there is an orca or dolphin in this game, it'll be more detailed. Becuase this is an animal based game, and RCT3 soaked isn't. And Paleo Orca, exactly how detailed are the orcas and dolphins in RCT3?

Offline Paleo Orca

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2005, 07:04:04 PM »
not very, just enough to tell that they are an orca or a dolphin :rolleyes

Offline PWOKristy

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2005, 09:50:08 PM »
"Wildlife Park 2" did copy off of "Zoo Tycoon 2". Whatever. It's not like there'd be a "Wildlife Park 2" without "Zoo Tycoon 2".

Also, by the way, Game Spot (I'm surprised no body knows about that site) has some information on this Game. It's gonna be Released in the first quarter of 2006 (that's what they're saying, so far, for now :mellow ). And it has a fact sheet too. http://www1.gamespot.com/pc/sim/wildlifepa...et_6127247.html

"Wildlife Park 2 builds on the foundations of the original game, and adds a whole new level of organic simulation, making your livestock even more life like. Add in realistic weather conditions, botanical gardens and a highly advanced strategic and business simulation engine and you have the ultimate Wildlife Park tycoon game. Take on the role of the zoo keeper or wildlife park manager, breed rare and extinct animal or plant species in the research institutes. As well as the sandbox free-play mode there are also over 20 missions and quests to complete throughout the game.

Zoo, animal and plant simulation in colourful and living Real Time 3D

Over 50 animal species with realistic animal behaviour including individual social and sex life, births and aging, aggression and training; fully integrated food chain

More than 50 animal shelters, visitor facilities and staff buildings

Research and breeding of exotic and extinct animal and plant species

Trains, boats, bridges, tunnels and jeeps for a real safari adventure"

Offline Paleo Orca

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2005, 10:46:35 PM »
Over 50!!! Woohoo!!! :w00t

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2005, 07:58:51 AM »
This game already has more than ZT2! Tunnels, trains, bridges and boats! 50 animals and a fully integrated fod chain. Extinct animals, while that sounds interesting, is only a little excting for me. But i just can't beleive there are 50 animals. I'm pretty sure that the release date is corret, becuase more sites have been saying that it is released Q1 2006, since it was revealed.

Offline karlhall39

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2005, 09:30:33 AM »
what kind of animals does it have does it include (like in add on) dinos?