Author Topic: Wild-life Park 2!  (Read 97321 times)

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #900 on: October 02, 2006, 05:28:23 PM »
My b-day is coming up and I plan to get, "Wildlife Zoo". I'll start posting pics (if it hopefully works, I have a good graphics card that worked with the demo, but starforce worries me). I'm so excited! :original:

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #901 on: October 04, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »
Just received Wildlife Zoo (american version). i'll update with extended impressions.

Don't bu this game. I hate it. It controls horribly, and the animals are horrible. So far, nothing good. The water system is rediculous.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 04:28:44 PM by Megaraptor »

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #902 on: October 04, 2006, 05:20:44 PM »
isnt Wildlife Zoo the american version of Wildlife Park 2? and if so is there an add-on like there is for the regular Wildlife PArk 2?

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #903 on: October 04, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »
Wildlife Zoo is the American version of Wild Life park 2. And i must, say, i am incredibly disappointed with it.

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #904 on: October 04, 2006, 05:27:27 PM »
is it any different from the UK (or w/e) version and if so how is it different? cuz everyone who has the UK version seems to like it
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 05:32:49 PM by hupdo1593 »

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #905 on: October 04, 2006, 06:16:45 PM »
I have no idea how its different. I've had Farcry and FEAR play on my computer on almost top level without a hiccup, and this game is slower than a snail. Its the choppiest game i've ever played.

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #906 on: October 04, 2006, 07:11:55 PM »
do u have one of those flat computers? cuz thats what most of my games are one and i want it to go fast! lol

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #907 on: October 04, 2006, 07:33:01 PM »
YOu mean a Laptop? No, i'm on a normal (somewhat) desktop.

Offline belleh

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #908 on: October 04, 2006, 08:05:06 PM »
I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't choppy. I'm sure you have a great graphics card, but it's just not quite high enough in power, which makes it choppy

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #909 on: October 04, 2006, 08:19:27 PM »
Hmm... this worries me. My computer is still pretty new. And it doesn't have a lot on it. And I tend to get patient with laggy games. But if they're a sloth going max speed laggy, then I get frustrated. I don't know what kind of graphics card I have, but the demo worked fine for me. And, I never had problems with controls in the demo. :hmmm:

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #910 on: October 05, 2006, 04:51:26 AM »
Megaraptor: i didnt mean a laptop, i mean one of the PCs with flat screens, u know? sry for the confusion

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #911 on: October 05, 2006, 04:12:05 PM »
Mega, I'm so sorry for you, my Wildlife Park 2 isn't working; yours is terrible, we're equel. But I honestly wish some other person desperate for Wildlife Park got it instead of me.

Offline Blue Boy

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #912 on: October 05, 2006, 04:52:48 PM »
I'd like to say this.

I will never give up on zoo tycoon 2

Thankyou, that is all.

[modnotice=sheltiefan]This thread is for discussing Wildlife Park 2 only. This post is off topic and considered spam.[/modnotice]

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #913 on: October 05, 2006, 06:21:35 PM »
Quote from: hupdo1593;144079
Megaraptor: i didnt mean a laptop, i mean one of the PCs with flat screens, u know? sry for the confusion

No, i don't have a flatscreen. Don't really need one, because the screen i have is powerful enough.

Cuddly Panda-Yeah, i am pretty upset. I decided to give it another shot. When i saw that the trees constantly turn into 2D black boxes (which i can't get rid of) i got fed up and uninstalled the game.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #914 on: October 09, 2006, 06:50:26 PM »
I got WP2. But like my ZT2 show andt tell. I'll only be able to post pics on Wednesdays and every other weekend, since my ZT2 comp. has a much more powerful graphics card. I can't wait to try it out! :woot:

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #915 on: October 14, 2006, 05:10:22 PM »
Quote from: Megaraptor;144302
No, i don't have a flatscreen. Don't really need one, because the screen i have is powerful enough.

Cuddly Panda-Yeah, i am pretty upset. I decided to give it another shot. When i saw that the trees constantly turn into 2D black boxes (which i can't get rid of) i got fed up and uninstalled the game.

Have you returned it to the shop? That would be the best idea. Does Wildlife Zoo have different animals? :unsure:

Offline Birdman

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #916 on: October 19, 2006, 11:43:46 AM »
I downloaded the trial version and i couldnt figure it out :rolleyes:   It confused me:blink:

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #917 on: November 30, 2006, 12:12:58 AM »
I was looking through the files and found the animals use all the same files as Zoo Tycoon 2 - NIFs, DDSes, e.t.c. It might be possible to put the giraffe NIF file to replace ZT2's retic giraffe, for those who hate the model. I might try it out.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #918 on: November 30, 2006, 12:22:17 AM »
Quote from: Cuddly Panda;161738
I was looking through the files and found the animals use all the same files as Zoo Tycoon 2 - NIFs, DDSes, e.t.c. It might be possible to put the giraffe NIF file to replace ZT2's retic giraffe, for those who hate the model. I might try it out.

There are different NIF types; they might not be the same version as ZT2 ones, but good luck.

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #919 on: December 01, 2006, 09:01:48 PM »
What is the list of animals again? Prehaps we could make NEW ANIMALS the way CP suggested!

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #920 on: December 02, 2006, 01:32:22 AM »
I couldn't open them with NIFskope, but that was just the animals - I could look at eggs, statues, gates, the jeep....

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #921 on: December 02, 2006, 01:36:56 AM »
Yeah Nifskope wouldn't open them for me either, which means that they are a different version number of NIF than ZT2 uses, and I don't know if you can change the version number. I'll keep working on it.

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #922 on: December 03, 2006, 03:08:09 AM »
The error returned was this:

failed to load block number 13 (NiSkinData) previous block was NiSkinInstance
failed to load nif from file  "C:\PROGRA~1\DEEPSI~1\WILDLI~1\Cast\Animal\Basilo.nif"

It must be a problem with the skin, then....

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #923 on: December 07, 2006, 12:07:43 AM »
Look! Look! More on he add-on! :bounce: :woot:

http://forum.deepsilver.com/showthread.php?t=21378

Offline City Builder

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #924 on: December 08, 2006, 02:27:35 PM »
The graphics of the animals are pretty and all but the interface for the game pretty much stinks.

As an example, they have created a side scrolling box of animals, or items instead of an up/down scrolling system which means that you can't use your mouse wheel to scroll through the list which is a real chore.

Zooming in has the annoying zoom and swoop which means that when you zoom in all the way the camera angle gets shifted to a view on the plane with the ground, very very annoying.

Building fences for the animals comes out wonky sometimes, with the fences bowing in certain areas of the fence which is quite annoying to look at.

Im still trying to figure out how to create an underwater exhibit with the walk through tunnel as there are bits and pieces for it to be built but I havn't gotten that far yet.

Then it's like there is some really bad translations going on.  People in the park will say, something like "I might be nice to have a nice high view" yet the animals that they are looking at have a ground level cage and all area around them are at ground level, then theres the cryptic animal needs where it says something like "I miss my friends".  I MISS MY FRIENDS? WHAT THE HECK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?  Wouldnt it have been better to just say that the animal would like more of the same species in it's cage?  I think so.

Some things that I can live without: Trees that have personalities (I feel fine)  Let me tell ya, we have trees in our yard from all over the world (we have a very large yard) and they all are doing fantastic in the soil that we have here, so I really don't care to see trees complaining that they the soil is too hard or too soft.

People in the game are constant complainers.
Personally speaking I think there are far too few objects that can be placed as decorations around the zoo for the people to enjoy which makes all the areas kind of sort of look the same as all the other areas.  Perhaps in xpacks or sequels they will add more too it.  I can hope anyway.

But it's not all bad.........

As mentioned the graphics are nicely done for most of the animals.  
Waterfalls are very very easy to create.
More complex buildings (places that create the food that the animals need) although a bit too much micromanagement with that, having to turn on what the building produces etc.
Need to build a water tower to supply water for the animals troughs (nice touch though the buildings are way too large for the map sizes).

Overall, in my opinion the game is *okay* but not great and I think I'd probably have rather waited till it came down to about $19.95 instead of paying the $29.95  But seeing as how I've got it, I'll probably try to continue with it to the end.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 02:41:12 PM by City Builder »