Author Topic: Wild-life Park 2!  (Read 96142 times)

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #950 on: December 27, 2006, 05:49:40 AM »
Quote from: hupdo1593;168152
well the animals from WLP2 have a lot less behaviors, so maybe they dont need as many different things. i dont know about those files though, so cant help u.

The nif s have nothing to do with behaviours!:original: They are just the models and the rigging, bones.etc:happy:

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #951 on: January 08, 2007, 01:49:02 AM »
Well, I don't think this WP2 NIF swap isn't going to work. It was worth a try.  

Anyone here got it?

GhosTS

Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #952 on: February 07, 2007, 09:56:36 PM »
As a person who switched from Wildlife Park 2 to Zoo tycoon 2 I see some good/bad things in both of them.

In WP2 the models are a bit more realistic.There are some behaviors..like mating.The water effects are much more realistic and we must take care of the trees too.

But the downsides are.. many motions are unrealistic.Animals turn without even taking a step.And the speed is way off..It takes about 3 months for a zoo keeper to tend to an animal.Many baby animals are just a scaled down version of the adult.

The reasons I switched to ZT2..

I like the slow speed of the game.I like the fact that there is an active community of users and new updates.I like the behaviours.

Somethings I dont like in both of them are the growth of animals.They just switch from baby to adult.And the baby animals are way too big.Most baby animals have their eyes closed and without fur at birth.It would be great if there is more realism.

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Re: Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #953 on: February 16, 2007, 02:52:42 AM »
Well, you can't have everything.

Now, for a long droning review:

My family bought a special computer to go with the TV. Its one of those with the MediaCenter programs, and, halleuluya, Wildlife Park 2 works on it, and quickly )just to give you an idea I put ZT2 with all expansions on 'Best Detail' and it worked better than on my computer  :fear:)

It is a good game. The positive side of the game:

Great behaviors. As an example, I had a food court surrounded by fence, but with a visitor's entrance and in the food court were... pigs and rabbits. During a storm, most rushed for the shelter provided, but a pug and two rabbits rushed for - the toilet.  :happy2:They hid in there (luckily there were no visitor's inside) until the storm passed.
Graphics are AWESOME! The water is good, the animals are good, the people are good. Most things are good.
Extinct creatures - I love the method to get extinct creatures. On the Germany map there are all creatures, and I am currently creating an extinct zoological park. If any creatures die, I put them next to my researcher's building, a great 'recycling' method.
Needs - the needs are challenging, yet not too challenging. In Zoo tycoon 2 you put the critters in, add the biome, food, water, enrichment and then it pretty much plays itself from then on, but in WP2 its much harder, yet not too hard.
Buildings - a great building and scenery selection. They even have underwatet tunnels! The other thing I like about the game is no snap grid. Let your imagination go wild and add things anywhere.
Tools - i am still testing the tools out, but they are good so far.

There is waaaaaaaay more I wanna add but onto the negative side:

Water placement - auuuuggghhh. It takes alot of getting useful to master that. I can suceed so far with small ponds but I'm still testing. The larger ponds are HARD - I try using a fence as a tank wall but the water goes underneath. I also noticed that the animals don't seem to be able to go underwater - strange.

Oh my gosh. I can't think of anymore bad stuff! Well, here's some things I will comment on later:

Guests - still trying out the exhibit design, so I won't open any just yet.

Expect to see a show and tell soon, till then...  :eleph:

Offline horsefever827

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #954 on: March 24, 2007, 11:53:57 AM »
Does ANYONE know where to get this game?!?!?!

Offline marleybug

• Zookeeper
  • Arabians in Spring
« Reply #955 on: April 06, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »
That depends on what country you live in. :eggthumup :eggflower :easter1 :eggyes

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #956 on: April 12, 2007, 07:49:59 PM »
Okay, you know how the whole mating is a little beyond E rated? Well, I saw a guest walk off a path and come up to a fern. Then he started going #1 on the plant! :fear: I'm pretty sure he was since he was standing right in front of it and... um, I don't think I'll go any further. :sick:

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
« Reply #957 on: April 12, 2007, 09:02:37 PM »
eew! really?! thats really... well, odd, for one thing, and another thing: why would they decide to put that into a game? it's not very pleasant....

Offline Rearing Gemsbok

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #958 on: April 13, 2007, 08:10:06 AM »
I got the game in a GAME sale in the UK, and it plays alright. The choice of animals seems good on paper, but it misses out gazelles and other common zoo game animals. The babies seem to take a lot longer to arrive, and for one scenario I just left the game running, I was bored with sitting there until my prehistoric whales gave birth. I like the animal training, that works well, and also the fact you can build visitor accessable farm type zoos with goats and ponies e.t.c. On average I would give it a 8/10.