Author Topic: vertex and pixel shader 1.1  (Read 7288 times)

Offline wolfluver

• Pooper Scooper
vertex and pixel shader 1.1
« on: June 29, 2006, 07:24:09 PM »
How do I get vertex and pixel shader version 1.1?

I downloaded the demo for WL P 2 and an error came up and said I need them

Can I download it or do I have to buy it?

Offline HorseGal

• Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 09:20:36 PM »
It means that you need a high graphics card for the game. This game is very detailed and will work if you have a high graphics card. :wink:

Offline wolfluver

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 08:39:54 AM »
ooooooh, I see, thanks, but that sucks, oh well, I need a new card anyways, I might get one:laughing:

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 11:54:55 AM »
Hello I have a problem. I just obtained a new computer for x mas last year and I'm interested in buying wildlife park 2 (wildlife zoo). However I downloaded the demo and cannot play it do to some pixelshader problem. I know how to fix this but I figured when the official game comes out today that it will install the drivers for me. This is a brand new windows xp and I dont understand why I cant play it. Plus I dont know what kind of graphics card I have or how to find it. So what I am asking is how do I find out what graphics card I have and  would the offical game just install the new graphics thing ww hen I buy it next week?

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 11:59:57 AM »
I had a similar problem, go to the microsoft website and they should have a chipset driver download.

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 12:07:24 PM »
Can you give me a direct link because I cant find it?? Oh and does this fix the pixelshader problem??

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 12:08:38 PM »
I don't know, that sounds like a monitor problem to me, but i'm not sure. I'll look on the site but can't guarantee i'll find it.

This is as far as I can get you, I don't know your computer model.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=3
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 12:12:54 PM by penguinbomber14 »

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 12:24:40 PM »
The problem is when I click the icon on my desktop it says the minium pixelshader requirements could not be met. The program will close.  Its that same eroor other people were having. Its sumthing 2 do with a graphics card. So did u have this same problem??? If you did I'm guessing al i need 2 do is download the drivers?? This is what it says under computer information.

System
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
service pack 2

Dell Dimension DE051
Intel (R)
Celeron (R) CPU 2.53GHz
2.53GHz,512 mb of RAM

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 01:05:48 PM »
damien551, this is a problem that unfortunately LOTS of people have had with the demo.  I'd refer to this topic for a more in depth discussion.

However the quick answer is certain video cards do not support pixel shading.  The only answer is to upgrade your video card.  I believe the type of machine you have has onboard video, so if you purchased a better video card you might be able to run the game.  You'd need to check and see if you have an expansion slot to support this.

Sorry.  : :( :

EDIT:  I believe this system is the model computer you have.  You can double check by looking on the case of the machine and see if it says Dimension 1100 on it.  If so, it looks like you do not have an AGP expansion slot but do have some PCI ones.  I have no idea if there are any PCI graphics cards that support pixel shading, as usually higher end graphics cards are AGP.  Again I'd refer to the link I mentioned earlier as that topic goes more in depth into what cards support pixel shading and why some do not.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 01:12:03 PM by Peacenote »

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 01:12:17 PM »
What is an expansion slot and where would it be located?? Oh and my other question is,Peacenote is if I were to buy the OFFICIAL GAME would it run on my computer or will it say the same thing with the demo. I figured deep silver might give you a graphic driver if you buy the game.

EDIT-Peace note its a dimension B110
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 01:17:09 PM by damien551 »

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 02:34:15 PM »
Pci slots are usually inside the computer. I have a PCI video card that supports pixel shading, so they do make them. I got mine off ebay for about 50 dollars. I used to have an old computer where the monitor didn't support pixel shading, so upgrading wouldn't help. But you have a DELL, so your monitor is not likely to be the problem. I would get the drivers for your chipset with the link I gave you. Your computer may be running off default vram, and downloading the drivers and installing them will fix that. It's what I had to do when I got my new laptop and it works fine now.

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 03:59:18 PM »
I dont understand? What do I download. I typed in my chipset  (Intel 865 GV) in the search box on the microsoft website and nothing came up.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 04:16:10 PM by damien551 »

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »
http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-009241.htm

Heres the link I found off google. Which one do I download????

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 05:38:42 PM »
The second one, the one that says gv, not g. I hope it works : :) :

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 05:50:13 PM »
Graphic driver? I dowwnloaded the gv under graphics and it said it cannot run on my computer.:angry:

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 06:20:01 PM »
I'm sorry, ifthat didn't work then I don't think I can help :crying:

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 06:24:09 PM »
So I need a new graphics card???:angry:

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 07:09:38 PM »
Unfortunately, yes, to play this game, you need to upgrade your video card.  I have not heard reports of anyone who was getting that error that had the full version work on their machine when the demo didn't.  Mainly because this isn't a problem that can be resolved with a better driver.  However, again, I highly recommend that you check out the other Wildlife Park demo thread I mentioned earlier...a fair amount of people have had this problem.

Also, the B110 is the same link as the 1100, so those are the specs for your computer.  If you can find a PCI graphics card that supports pixel shading, that would be the way to go.

Sorry to not have better news for you.  : :( :

(Also I'm going to merge this topic with the other pixel shader topic so we don't have two of them.  :wink: )

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 07:43:05 PM »
I'm going to try to find out exactly what pixel shading is, maybe that will be helpful. Buying a good graphics card is not cheap, even a used one. And physically installing it and installing it on the computer is not easy either, especially because dell motherboards sometimes have trouble accepting info from non-dell hardware. I used to have a dell with this problem. Maybe the new ones are different though.

Ok, a google search says that pixel shading is the high quality 3d texturing that makes the 3d surfaces more realistic, like golf ball having dimples with shadows that move according to the "light". So yes, the problem is with you graphics card, it can't handle that extra info. The effects added to the underwater terrain must be too much, so I guess this means that MM2 is out of your computer's limit. Sorry for the bad news.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 07:47:28 PM by penguinbomber14 »

Offline alin90210

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 08:55:30 PM »
Hopefully this info helps:

-You can find out roughly what graphics card you have by going to the Start Menu, choose Run, and type "dxdiag" then press Enter.  Wait for the box to come up.  Go to the Display tab and it will say what type of graphics card you have.  It doesn't always tell you the exact model number because graphic card companies often have many models in a given product line, but at least you get a name.

-Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader are both processing units on the graphics chip (roughly speaking, in reality it's probably a combination of hardware and driver software).  If your graphics chips doesn't physically support the version of shader that the game uses, the game might not run, or it'll run really slow, or it'll run but some graphic features will not be available.  You never know though, so it's still worth a try to get the latest drivers and try to run the game.

-Games typically don't include graphic drivers.  You can always get the latest graphic drivers from the graphic chip manufacturers website.  So if the demo doesn't work with the latest drivers, the full game probably won't either.

-There are definitely PCI graphics cards that support Pixel Shading.  The latest version of Pixel Shader is 3.0, but I don't think most game need this.  You can definitely get PCI cards that support Pixel Shader 2.0, which will probably run Wildlife Park 2.  These cards can be bought for around $70 or less.

-The Intel 865GV Chipset uses the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 graphics.  According to Intel, it supports Directx 9.0:
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-004697.htm

...Which means it might support Pixel Shader 2.0 (since Pixel Shader 2.0 is part of Directx 9.0).  So damien551, you might still be in luck, although my guess is the game will run pretty slow.

EDIT: Wildlife Park 2 only needs Pixel Shader 1.1.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 06:18:30 PM by alin90210 »

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 04:14:10 PM »
When I install the driver it ALWAYS says it cant be installed on my computer. BTW what was this about my computer not handling mm2 because I have the demo and it works like a charm.

Offline alin90210

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »
Maybe you don't have the 865GV like was mentioned.  Have you looked in the Device Manager or tried "dxdiag" to check what your graphics chip is?

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 02:59:31 PM »
The only I know is that I have a 82865g graphics controller. I wish someone would tell me step by step of how 2 get this driver thing.

Offline alin90210

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »
damien551: First thing is to make sure that there isn't another video card in the pc in addition to the 865G.  Even though the 865G has built in graphics, your pc might have came with an additional graphics card.  If that's the case, you might actually need drivers for another card.

If you haven't done so, either go to the Device Manager and look under the "Display adapters" section, or use the "dxdiag" command like I described earlier to find out what graphics chip you're actually using.

Offline damien551

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 05:19:47 PM »
I dont see anything bout a grapphics card from the dxdiag. Can you just tell me how to  get wlp2 to work?:shocked: