Author Topic: Wild Creatures and Gold Edition Questions  (Read 1912 times)

Offline xenopuszoo2

• Pooper Scooper
Wild Creatures and Gold Edition Questions
« on: October 05, 2006, 02:27:53 PM »
So I downloaded the demo to WLP wild creatures.  I was getting burned out on Zoo Tycoon a bit so i thought i would give it a whirl.  This game is really cool!!  It isnt as cartoony and is more challenging.

First do you have to have The original Wildlife park to play wild creatures and the gold edition or are they like ZT complete collection and you get one game and they can be played with all the animals?

Second what is the difference between Gold Edition and wild creatures?  Can anyone possibly list the animals  to all three games?

Third  EB Games here in NY is saying that the games are discontinued.  Is my only option to buy it online or is there a free FULL download online?:surprise:

thanks for everyones help in advance.. sorry i am a newbie to WLP.. ZT i have played for like 6 years now and this has resparked my interest in ZOO games.:loony:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 11:41:14 PM »
gold editin contains wildlife park and wild creatures  therefore you only need it

wild creatures as far as i know needs wildlife park to play - i have the gold edition so i cant really tell you but its an add-on so i guess it does need the original to play

i actually got my game from ebay as it is no longer in the shops here in the UK.  maybe that would be best for you to try

Offline xenopuszoo2

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 05:42:46 PM »
Thanks Red!

I ordered Gold Edition from Ebay today, so I am quite excitied to be getting the game via priority mail  :loony:  I am curious now.. I have some buildings in my ZT CC that I found in wild creatures..I downloaded them here..   I want to make buildings in APE using the grafix from Wild creatures..

Perhaps you can even use this to make new animals for ZT CC?:hmmm:

I tried making animals before for CC but i was uncertain how to zip all the files back using WINZIP into the usable animal you put into the updates folder of CC

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 11:40:22 PM »
i have converted quite a bit of stuff from wildlife park to use in zt1 but have never tried the animals (im not an animal designer)  i dont know how to do the animals becuase for the buildings it was a case of taking screenshots at each angel and then converting them but animals have a lot more animations.

Offline xenopuszoo2

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 09:31:44 PM »
Hi Red.. Do i need this V1.12 patch i keep seeing with WP gold edition? :hmmm:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 11:06:50 PM »
no the patch is included (well it is in my version)

Offline xenopuszoo2

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 09:35:12 AM »
Thanks Red.. After doing more research online I also came across V1.17 and V1.19 patches.. are those included in Gold Edition?

thanks again for all your help...

(still waiting on the postal sevice :wacko: )

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 11:07:02 AM »
i dont think they are - you can downlaod them and run them and see what the game says - it wil tell you if the patch is needed or not.

Offline xenopuszoo2

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 10:18:45 PM »
thanks for all your help.. much appreciated

cheers