Author Topic: Stuck - WLP 1  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Arianwen

• Pooper Scooper
Stuck - WLP 1
« on: January 08, 2007, 04:09:46 AM »
Hi

I bought this game a few days ago and really enjoy playing it but im well and truly stuck on some scenarios.I have the gold edition - which is like version 1.17 i think.:blink:

The first one im stuck on is the small animals park. I can complete everything but the visitor number of 20 and the bank balance of £10000 *edit* this one is now sorted**

The second one is the aquarium one with the great white shark. To give the shark a big enough water area leaves me with like no money, or he suffocates and still complains the the pool isnt big enough. Ive tried building him a totally new one and moving him but my animal catcher cant box him up - will the money cheat on the other thread help with that?

Same with the pandas. I cant buy two pandas - not enough money.

For some reason, all the scenarios following this are in red and the game wont let me do them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 05:37:33 AM by Arianwen »

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
Stuck - WLP 1
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »
well i know why the other scenarios are red: you have to complete the ones before them to unlock them.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Stuck - WLP 1
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 07:53:15 PM »
Okay, first off, you might want to do the scenarios over again. There's an odd bug in the game that makes you HAVE to do the scenarios in order. If you don't, then you won't unlock the next scenario. I don't know why, but it happened to me. : :( :

There are a lot of problems with the Small Animal Park scenario. All I can remember is just building animal houses, adding scenery, setting the prices for stands and the entrance to a low price, and sticking the game speed to max. It will be a while before you finally get 20 guests. (Trust me, I waited at least 20 minutes. :hairpull: )

I can still help with the other scenarios but right now I have to leave so I'll edit this post later. : :( :

Offline Arianwen

• Pooper Scooper
Stuck - WLP 1
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 04:42:15 AM »
ok ive managed to do the small animals one and carried on the campaign from there - but im stuck on the sea mammals one. I try to build a pool for the shark but have some problems. 1 - if i make the pool 2 drops deep it means people cant see mr sharky swimming. if i make it 1 deep (i.e just build a wall) its not deep enough for the fish feeder amnd the water filter. If i make some parts of the pool 1 deep and some 2 deep then pumps dont fill its properly and i end up with a permanent waterfall.

If i can figure out the shark pool im sure the rest will fall into place. I have got passed sorting the shark pool out yet.

Thanks loads for the help.

**edit**

Is this a bug? Ive completed the small animals campaign twice now and saved the game straight after but the campaign still shows white on the main menu. Is this a bug or is it because I went on and did another of the campaigns before the small animals one?. I get the do you want to overwrite the current game data message. Is there a way around this or do i need to uninstall and reinstall the game?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 10:11:51 AM by Arianwen »

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Stuck - WLP 1
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 08:51:51 PM »
Yes, if you do a future scenario instead of doing them in order, some funny bug will kick in and you won't be able to unlock other scenarios, and I'm afraid to say it, but I think you'll have to restart the scenarios. (I think that also includes re-installing the game. : :( : ) All I did for the shark tank was just make it bigger using the windowed fence and adding extra water pumps. Never had problems with money.

For the pandas, don't go ahead and buy them first thing. Establish a good park at first by adopting the least expensive animal and then adopting the second most expensive and so on, while taking care of guests' needs. THEN, once you've raked in enough money, buy one panda at a time. Once you get enough money for another one, buy a second one, and then a third. They won't breed unless they're 100% happy. (Completely satisfied.)

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Offline Arianwen

• Pooper Scooper
Stuck - WLP 1
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 06:38:58 AM »
ok Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game and have gotten as far as the sea mammals park. I can build the park and get my animals happiness up to 97 - 100% and I can get everything else except for my guests satisfaction. They complain about there not being enough animals and the paths could be landscaped better. Ive tried giving them lots of plants and benches, restrooms bins, tour and exit signs and plenty of the aquariums and insect houses etc.

What am I doing wrong here. The highest my visitor saisfaction gets to is 83% and I need 90% to complete the level :hammer2:

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Stuck - WLP 1
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 12:41:29 PM »
First off, do you have trash problems? If so, there's another silly bug in that scenario where the Garbage man doesn't do his job. Therefore, as painstaking as it sounds, you have to manually do it yourself by clicking on the garbage man and making him clean the trash, 'cause he won't do it himself due to the bug. : :( :

It's also good to have your animal exhibits close to each other so that guests can see more animals at once.

Offline Arianwen

• Pooper Scooper
Stuck - WLP 1
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 03:39:43 AM »
Nope no garbage problems thankfully

and pretty much whatever exhibit visitors are at they can see at least one other one

and ive even put benches nearby so they can sit and watch the animals swimmings etc if they get itred. the path is pretty much in a square from entrance to exit with plants and refreshment stands linings the edges

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
Stuck - WLP 1
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 04:09:15 AM »
Ok to get your visitor saisfaction  rating up this is what I do . Raise all the prices on every in the zoo including the addmition to the zoo, this well get rid of most of your visitor.  whin you get down to just a few visitor,thin drop the price to 0$ and the ones left are so happy,it is easy'er to get 5 to 10 people to A 90% or highter than A 100 .Good luck Oh it dose take A little time to get your gest weed'ed out. This is a good time to make sure all animals are happy and zoo is clean .