Author Topic: WP2 Not Starting  (Read 1576 times)

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
WP2 Not Starting
« on: April 01, 2007, 08:31:46 PM »
So I downloaded the game on my brand new laptop that's supposed to have an uber-extreme graphics card and everything, but no matter what I do, the game won't launch! :crying: I've tried putting the cd back in numerous times as well opening from the desktop shortcut as well as going into Start, Dreamcatcher, Wildlife Zoo, etc. What can I do? :wacko: Is it because the laptop is a Windows Vista? :hmmm:

Offline Eragon845

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Re: WP2 Not Starting
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 05:24:20 PM »
Probably because it`s  windows vista.A lot of games don`t work on there because there"low teck" :crash:

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 09:08:52 PM »
But that's odd. Because I have Jurassic Park Operation Genesis on the laptop (which is a heck lot older than WP2) and it works fine! :eggblink

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 09:15:34 PM »
Off Topic: You have a Vista? Cool!

Anyway, I doubt Wildlife Park will work on Vista an such an early age. Wait for Crazy Zoo, then perhaps see if it's compatible. I recommend joining the WP2 forum and posting it their.

EDIT: Well, I'm suprised JPOG worked (that's an awesome game!), but do remember, the two games have completely different engines (WP2 has gamebryo, JPOG has TOSHI) and perhaps Gamebryo requires updates to work on Vista. Again, go to the Deep Silver forum and put it there, they can help you more than we can. I do have WP2, but I have a super-Media version of Windows XP (which, possibly, got fried in a lightning strike), and it works super-deluxe on that.

Oh yeah,
:easter2

Offline LionKing

• Pooper Scooper
  • THE KING OF THE JUNGLE
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 10:04:11 PM »
Try this it works for other windows xp games on vista.

Right click on the icon and click properties. Then click the compatibility tab and press run this program in ...... and click windows 98/ME

That worked for me in need for speed carbon.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 07:52:39 AM »
Both good ideas. I'll see what I can do. :eggthumup

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 03:07:08 PM »
I tried the compatability thing and it didn't work. :eggcry Better join the WP2 forums! :eggblink