Author Topic: Island Zoo  (Read 2331 times)

jaylee

Island Zoo
« on: February 11, 2005, 02:25:52 PM »
Seems like no matter what I do, I can't get my guests a 93 happiness with the Island Zoo scenerio. There's a restaurant on every corner, fountains, flowers, statutes, and etc.etc. etc. but each time I play the happiness is lower. What am I doing wrong???

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Island Zoo
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 03:24:26 PM »
This is really tough.  Restaruants only, as placing trash cans and bathrooms makes guests angry.  Lots of beauty.

In this scenario, DO NOT spread out the exhibits on the elevated parts, as this will make the guests very unhappy having to walk farther to do everything.  Instead, put all your exhibits where the water is and keep your zoo relatively small, dont use the whole thing so they are not walking everywhere.  
Place flowerbeds, lamps, etc. wherever there is room.  

Also make sure there is plenty for the guests to do.  Make sure you have  a gift shop.  NO elephant rides, the smell makes them unhappy.  Use carousels the guests really like them.

The most important thing though:  HAPPY ANIMALS!
Happy animals=happy guests

Offline icepengwyn

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Island Zoo
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 07:31:55 PM »
I made mine with all of the exhibits on the water, with the fences one square away from or next to the "cliff face", and the paths right on the edge. Only buildings, flowers, etc went on the islands. Low fencing is fine, and can go either on top or bottom. Zookeepers don't have a problem with cliffs. I'm beginning to make more zoos without using fountains & flowerbeds, and am getting a guest happiness from 93 to 98 in most cases. It's the animals they want to see.

I've recently completed the Avian Zoo that couldn't use restaurants and not even the fancy buildings - so a number of trash cans were needed and I kept them happy at 98. Well, each trash can was semi-surrounded by 3 spiral topiaries - may have helped a little.

Check out Iriri's Island zoo in the User's Zoo download section on this site. 1 carrousel, 1 theater, 3 restaurants no other buildings - few flower beds, 1 fountian, used dirt paths, etc. and the happiness level is upper 90's.

jaylee

Island Zoo
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 07:46:19 AM »
I am very happy to report that I won the scenerio...putting exhibits down in the water really helped a lot!!! Thanks for the help.

jaylee

Island Zoo
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 02:25:52 PM »
Seems like no matter what I do, I can't get my guests a 93 happiness with the Island Zoo scenerio. There's a restaurant on every corner, fountains, flowers, statutes, and etc.etc. etc. but each time I play the happiness is lower. What am I doing wrong???

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Island Zoo
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 03:24:26 PM »
This is really tough.  Restaruants only, as placing trash cans and bathrooms makes guests angry.  Lots of beauty.

In this scenario, DO NOT spread out the exhibits on the elevated parts, as this will make the guests very unhappy having to walk farther to do everything.  Instead, put all your exhibits where the water is and keep your zoo relatively small, dont use the whole thing so they are not walking everywhere.  
Place flowerbeds, lamps, etc. wherever there is room.  

Also make sure there is plenty for the guests to do.  Make sure you have  a gift shop.  NO elephant rides, the smell makes them unhappy.  Use carousels the guests really like them.

The most important thing though:  HAPPY ANIMALS!
Happy animals=happy guests

Offline icepengwyn

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Island Zoo
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 07:31:55 PM »
I made mine with all of the exhibits on the water, with the fences one square away from or next to the "cliff face", and the paths right on the edge. Only buildings, flowers, etc went on the islands. Low fencing is fine, and can go either on top or bottom. Zookeepers don't have a problem with cliffs. I'm beginning to make more zoos without using fountains & flowerbeds, and am getting a guest happiness from 93 to 98 in most cases. It's the animals they want to see.

I've recently completed the Avian Zoo that couldn't use restaurants and not even the fancy buildings - so a number of trash cans were needed and I kept them happy at 98. Well, each trash can was semi-surrounded by 3 spiral topiaries - may have helped a little.

Check out Iriri's Island zoo in the User's Zoo download section on this site. 1 carrousel, 1 theater, 3 restaurants no other buildings - few flower beds, 1 fountian, used dirt paths, etc. and the happiness level is upper 90's.

jaylee

Island Zoo
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 07:46:19 AM »
I am very happy to report that I won the scenerio...putting exhibits down in the water really helped a lot!!! Thanks for the help.

vvvzena

Island Zoo
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 09:58:56 PM »
Hi again. I have a lot of luck with most scenarios. The Island Zoo is another one that is driving me nuts. I'm having trouble with keeping my guests happy. I know, statues, fountains, flowers, ect. Anyone have any good suggestions on this one? THanks!

Offline SwordMako

• Zookeeper
Island Zoo
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 09:09:40 PM »
If this is the scenario I think it is (the string of elevated islands, and the elevation tools don't work, right?), place your exhibits on the lower area where the water is to free up space on the part the guests are on.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Island Zoo
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 11:46:07 AM »
*merged topics*

See some of the above posts.  Putting the exhibits on the water really helps.

Edit:  I found my S&T pics for this scenario.  It starts near the bottom of this page and continues into the next one. ;)