Author Topic: Screenshot folder  (Read 6602 times)

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
Screenshot folder
« on: January 18, 2005, 11:47:55 PM »
Posted by: firegoddess102 Jan. 4 2004, 10:53 AM can any one help me to find my screen shots of my zoos and i have taken alot of my fav zoo's i
just don't know how to get them plz help.  thx

Posted by: Mr. Python Jan. 4 2004, 11:01 AM
 go to the next page on your pc: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon\screenshots,
then you should find all of your screens

Posted by: firegoddess102 Jan. 4 2004, 11:05 AM
 THANK YOU VERY MUCH,  

Posted by: firegoddess102 Jan. 4 2004, 11:07 AM
 it worked thx  

Posted by: Excalibur Jun. 18 2004, 03:55 AM
 If you make a screenshot with the camera inside Zoo Tycoon you get a shot whitout the frame
and or the popup boxes with for example the animal info.
I want to make a screenshot with those boxes included in the screenshot.
I other topics where those pics where posted they told that the screenshots where made with the
"Print Screen/SysRq" key on your keyboard. I tried that but i cańt find the screenshots back on
my pc.
Is there someone who knows where windows placed those files and what is the extension , .jpg
or .bmp or else?
There was also someone that told to push the "shift" key at the same time when you press the
"Print Screen" key, What is the function of that?

p.s. i have windows-XP.

Posted by: pixel Jun. 18 2004, 04:09 AM
 You need to use the Shift button to access Prt Scr ... it's like a capital letter  without it you get
sys rq (and i have never been able to find out what that does ).

Windows does not save it anywhere .. it holds it on the clipboard (that is in memory). What you
need to do is hit Shift+PrtScr, and then past it into Paint. Then you can save it where you like  

Posted by: Penguino Jun. 18 2004, 07:08 AM
QUOTE (pixel @ Jun 18 2004, 07:09 PM)
You need to use the Shift button to access Prt Scr ... it's like a capital letter  without it you
get sys rq (and i have never been able to find out what that does ).

It depends on the computer.

Posted by: Calico Kitten Jun. 18 2004, 12:40 PM
 you rock

Posted by: cbk1994 Jun. 18 2004, 08:16 PM
 You can also try zooming in and out and using differet modes. That can be usefull when you
want to show different things.

Posted by: Excalibur Jun. 25 2004, 02:22 PM
 Thanx for the info i will try that.

Posted by: Tanman Jul. 5 2004, 04:47 AM
 I have 2 questions... how do you post them and how can you change the size?

Posted by: yellowrose Jul. 5 2004, 04:56 AM
 There is a pinned topic in the show and tell section on how to post your screenshots.

As for resizing them what graphics program are you using.

In paint go to image then stretch/skew in the top 2 boxes for stretch enter 70% for hor and vert
and save it as jpg image. It should now be the required file size for posting. If not the just repeat
the process and go down from 70% to 65% until you can get the file to 100 kb or less for posting.

Posted by: Smilodon fatalis Sep. 11 2004, 11:35 AM
 What do you do when the screenshot folder has reached 999 screenshots and it won't let you
take any more?  

Posted by: Inverted Darkness Sep. 11 2004, 11:44 AM
QUOTE (Smilodon fatalis @ Sep 11 2004, 01:35 PM)
What do you do when the screenshot folder has reached 999 screenshots and it won't let you
take any more?  

My guess would to make another folder and switch the pictures to that one. Or delete the
pictures.

Posted by: Aussie Koala Sep. 11 2004, 11:56 AM
 You can move your screenshots anytime to somewhere else on your pc - or delete them just as
Inverted Darkness said- i dont think anyone needs 1000 pics left there.
Just curious - When you get to 999 pics do you get a message you cannot take anymore?

Posted by: Smilodon fatalis Sep. 11 2004, 12:10 PM
 No, I didn't get a message. The pics I started taking just started showing as "screenshot 000
taken" in the game.

OK, well, I tried the suggestions and it worked!  Yea, now I know what to do when that happens.