Zoo Tycoon 1 > ZT1 General Discussion

Help!! My game is crashing

(1/2) > >>

Kintaro316:
Ive been playing ZT1 for a while now, and every now and then, for what seems to be absolutely no reason at all, while playing on freeform games, the game will spontaneously close, and give me an error message reading "Microsoft Zoo Tycoon has encountered an error, and has to shut down". Does anyone else ever get this?? Is it fixable?? Its quite possibly the most annoying thing, cause it happens just at random. The most recent one, I only had 3 exhibits finished, and POOF, the game shuts down.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? ((Other than throwing my computer out the window)) :crash:

EDIT - I have edited the title of your topic to better explain your problem - Yellowrose

Yellowrose:
This can happen for a number of reasons.

Possibly an error on install if the game has been recently installed.

A file could possibly be corrupted. This can happen on a fresh install.

If you are using user created downloads, there is the possiblity you have too many in your game or you may have files that conflict with one another causing the game to crash.

If you can give me some more information I can possibly help you out a little more.

animalkeeper:
Try reinstalling the game. It works for me.

Kintaro316:
First, thanks yellow rose  :eggthumup

Secondly, I've tried reinstalling a whole bunch of times, but I will try once more. Thanks for all who replied.

Kintaro316:
As to your question Yellow Rose, what happens is that once I get about 30+ exhibits going, at any point in time, no matter what I'm doing at the time, I get that "Microsoft has encountered an error and has to close" message. No warning of any kind or anything. My computers less than a year old, so I would think that it should be able to handle the game easy enough. I keep terrain blending off, but that doesnt seem to make any difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version