Author Topic: Problem With Tortoises  (Read 5491 times)

Offline PurpleHippo

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 06:48:32 PM »
No, you have to set the water to Ultra High or Very High or something like that. (the highest setting)

Well, I put the overall settings the highest they could go. On the custom settings, I also tried putting the water detail on the highest it could go but it didn't work. :sad

Offline chihuahua_lover

• Zookeeper
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2005, 07:11:09 PM »
it has to do with the type of graphics card (the water i mean)

Offline belugababy

• Pooper Scooper
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 06:48:10 AM »
:blink I have reinstalled my game three times and now the tortoise works but when I try to put a dragon in you don't see him at all!  The tundra stuff don't show up either!  AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!! :><

SolsticeTiger

Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2005, 05:28:00 AM »
Sure your komodo didn't kill your tortoise? That's what happened to me...  :rolleyes

Offline Angelus

• Pooper Scooper
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2006, 04:29:10 PM »
It also happens with me.   :angry  
At some point while using the Turtle the game crashes or freezes. I removed my user created downloads and it didn't happen. There should be way where I can use both.  :sad
I have to play ZT 2 in the lowest resolution so it can run properly. Will it solve the Turtle problem with I upgrade my video card?

Offline Angelus

• Pooper Scooper
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2006, 05:19:45 PM »
So any suggestions on how to overcome this bug?

Offline holden

• Pooper Scooper
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2006, 04:31:23 AM »
I have exactly same problem. I reinstalled the game (I have ES and AA), removed all users downloads, played with the lowest settings and still no change. Once I adoped a female G.Tor. and it worked so I saved game. Then I wanted to adopt male G.Tor. and game crashed. I loaded the saved game and tried adopt second female G.T. but game crashed again. So I think it becouse of type of graphic card as chihuahua_lover said. I have quite old graphic card so I will buy new one and hope that G.Tor. will work. This time I have my zoo without this animal.: :( :

Offline Wolf's Rain

• Pooper Scooper
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2006, 08:30:18 AM »
This is a serious problem. I used to be able to use the G. tortoise, and it worked for a while. Then, i used the downloads from here, and it stoped working! I have reinstalled the game at least 5 time, with out the dowloads, and there is still no change. My computer is only 3 years old, and i think i have an Nvidea (sp?) graphics card. I don't know what the problem is.

Offline cheech

• Pooper Scooper
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 06:14:35 PM »
I can't adopt a Galapagos Tortoise because game freezes and or shuts down.
So I can't finish endangered species scenarios. Yes I have the updates, no downloads, and a pc that fits the requirements...

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 07:01:17 PM »
I did not have this problem until I got the red footed tortise.  When I tried to switch genders, my game crashed.  Same with the desert tortise.  I thought they were the only problem.  Then my little sister tried to adopt the opposite gender of golapagos tortise, and her game crashed.  This really is not fair.

Offline cheech

• Pooper Scooper
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2006, 08:20:26 AM »
But what drives me crazy is that the game shuts right down and these animals
can with the endangered species pack not an add on or download...

Offline HAL9000

• Zookeeper
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 08:39:24 AM »
I used to have that problem, but then I got a new graphics card and it went away.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2006, 08:41:56 AM »
as tester for all the zt2 stuff available on this site - ive never had any problems with any of the tortoises even after adding user created ones otherwise they would not be approved. so to blame the crashes on the user created stuff is unfair to the creator.  there has always been a bug with the tortoises and some peoples computers.

Offline cheech

• Pooper Scooper
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2006, 05:51:45 PM »
Well I finally adopted a Galapagos Tortoise I saved but when ever I try to load the saved file the game completely shuts down. Maybe I'll start it all over again.  I wasn't blaming the crashes on  user created downloads. Just giving basic info so they couldn't blame it one my downloads since I haven't put any in. I'm just frustrated I started a new user profile on my PC just for this game like microsoft said too and shut down all
unnecessary programs.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 05:59:05 PM by cheech »

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Problem With Tortoises
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2006, 05:37:24 AM »
They still crash my computer, even after 3 re-installs.