Author Topic: messed-up Unzip  (Read 3983 times)

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 07:49:03 PM »
yeah, I know, when I had x100_000 file opened with notepad, just a bunch of words came up in a foreign-looking language and bunch of numbers. But now i opened it with winzp, and there are tow files, for example, the grey wolf. One is WolfGrey beh. and the other is WolfGrey tsk. Which one do I open?

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 08:33:18 PM »
I unzipped the whole thing into a file (all 15,000 files/folders) and opened the individual files.  Those files were what I could not understand.  I could read it, the words were in English - although they lacked spaces between words at times - I just didn't understand what they meant.  

As for the .beh and .tsk files - beh is the Behavior file and tsk is the Task Template file.  Which one (if either) to open would depend on what you are trying to do.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 08:39:37 PM »
well I am just trying to make a vareint. I don't want to do anything with behaviors ( if that is even possible ). So I need to open the tsk. file? What does Task Temlate mean? Sorry, I am German, and am not too good with, um..... terminology?

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 09:12:23 PM »
For a varient (you mean a color varient, correct?) I don't think you would use either of these files, they are the ai files.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 05:47:59 AM »
germanwolf, have you tried downloading the VAT Tutorial yet?

It says in there which files you need to make varients - has a whole step by step process, actually.

The .tsk and the .beh files are definitely not the ones you need to make varients.  You're going to want to be recoloring .dds files for that.

Also this topic is really for tech support for zipping files.  If you've gotten past that point I'd recommend going into the Creativity Center to ask for help if the VAT doesn't answer your question.  :wink:

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 06:54:24 PM »
There are 2 dds files. Which one do I chose?

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 09:12:29 PM »
Download VAT like Peacenote suggested.  It tells you exactly which files to edit (and there are more than 2 .dds files to be done) and how to do the edit.

ps: VAT is a Word document, not a program to be run and appears very easy to follow.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006, 09:13:49 PM »
yeah, I have the VAT, but I don't know where the entities/units/animals/codename file would be where I would need to copy and paste the dds files into. I know it is included in the tutorial, but where are they?

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2006, 09:28:11 PM »
when i got VAT, i extracted it all to the desktop without clicking on any files, just extract the whole thing to the desktop, then the folders should be there and the word document. thats how i did it. Hope you get it to work

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 01:41:21 PM »
well, I guess I will download it again and do what you did, budgielover. Now that I actually have time to do stuff besides school work and CC, I will try and
 get this all worked out.

EDIT: Ahh, how do you gutys make your animals look so real?? Wht do you use to recolor? I am  using MS paint, and it looks horrible. How do keep the texture of the fur and stuff? Help!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 02:33:35 PM by germanwolf »

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 03:36:54 PM »
Well i have PaintShop Pro (9) but most versions of it are great, it lets you keep the texture and other textures, etc. and all sorts of fancy stuff :original: but it cost money, you can download a program called GIMP for free, but i have never used it and don't know how good it is.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 03:42:21 PM »
Can you buy the paintshop Pro. 9 on a disc, or do you download it? And how much does it cost?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 03:47:34 PM by germanwolf »

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2006, 03:58:46 PM »
You buy it, not sure on prices though sorry

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
messed-up Unzip
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 04:10:04 PM »
GIMP is working OK so far. I colored a bit and got a skin that looks a bit resonable.So I saved it and closed it. And now I am supposed to open DXTBimp again and click refresh after edit button and the new skin is supposed to come up, but it doesn't.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 09:16:49 AM by germanwolf »