Author Topic: Please Help - Swimmers Scenario  (Read 6510 times)

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help - Swimmers Scenario
« on: February 12, 2005, 03:00:04 AM »
I need help with this one if anyone has completed it.

I have met all conditions apart from the 50 guests in the show part. I have tried to encourage my guests over to the island by putting animals near the swimming shacks and keeping them happy. Plus I have fenced off the swimming areas making sure that on a couple of the shacks you can either get at at the same shack that you came in on or go to the island where the show is.

Also my guests seem to stick together near the entrance and not swim. Please help.

Thanks very much

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 07:59:36 AM »
You are having trouble with swimming shacks?

make sure they are on the water the right way, if you put them on backward, the guests wont go in.  put a path right up to the doorway, so they will think of walking that way, otherwise they just might ignore it.  there also has to be at least 100 squares of water for them to swim in (i would use freshwater, but i dont think it matters) 100 squares=4 of the terrain tool at its biggest size (25x4=100)  
the guests also get very tired after they come out, so make sure you place lots of benches and a restaruant near the shack

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 08:09:48 AM »
my guests will stay by the entrance and not swim too.  :angry: Make sure there is plenty of space for them to swim (but not too much, probably about 15-45 squares if you have a lot of guests.  Also, sometimes putting a dolphin shack in will sometimes get them moving.   To get teh guests over to your show try putting in a food court with burger and drink stands and some bouncy rides if you have them.

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 08:45:56 AM »
Some suggestions, that worked for me: do not build many attractions at the entrance. I did not put any there.  You want the guests to use the swim shack.  Use the rope buoy to "direct" your guests to next island.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 01:05:42 PM »
Maybe I have now downloaded it properly then as I can't access the path, terrain & land height tool. Will try downloading again but do you have any suggestions for getting those parts t work.

Cheers

Natasha

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 04:49:05 PM »
Originally posted by wolfclan4515@Feb 12 2005, 09:09 AM
Make sure there is plenty of space for them to swim (but not too much, probably about 15-45 squares if you have a lot of guests.
There has to be at least 100 squares for the guests to use it.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 09:44:51 PM »
I've got it to work with 50 before, but sometimes it doesn't work.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 11:53:48 AM »
Am tryingthe scenario yet again. Also am still unable to access path, terrain and terrain height tabs. Does everyone else have this same problem and if not - has anyone any ideas as to why I can't.

Thanks very much and sorry to be a nuisance.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 12:08:38 PM »
Originally posted by nafrayu@Feb 13 2005, 12:53 PM
Am tryingthe scenario yet again. Also am still unable to access path, terrain and terrain height tabs. Does everyone else have this same problem and if not - has anyone any ideas as to why I can't.

You're not a nusaince, this place is for people that are having game troubles.

Your problems may be a glitch, or sometimes downloads cause problems.  Do you have any downloads?

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 01:57:18 PM »
Hi

Have most of the downloads available for ZT1 but have also rec'd a reply from casey stating the scenario was programmed that way. My peeps are still staying nr the entrance. Have put 1 exhibit and the adoption ctr there but nothing else. Have put the buoys to separate of each swimming area leaving only 2 or possibly 3 in the same area. Haven't yet managed to get people over to the island let alone the shows but will keep trying.

I WILL SUCEED!!!!!!

Offline icepengwyn

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2005, 06:14:39 PM »
I just finished the swimmer's zoo, and it was frustrating trying to get the guests over to the last island. Took 18 months.

For those who have not seen it, there are several islands, and the only way to get to them is from the swim shacks.  The swim shacks are set in place, and the terrain tools are purposely turned off. You can not buy more shacks.

I had the guests directed from the savannah entrance to the deciduous/coniferous island, then to the sand island, then to the rainforest island. Each island saw fewer guests - most would come up to the shack, and just turn around (lots of swimming space). With 771 guests there are still a whole shlew on the starting land, and a good half shlew on the first island. Relatively few made it all the way over. I think next time I will skip the sand island and have them go to the rainforest island. That way they only go swimming twice. Setting the shack price down to $2 didn't help pursuade them! I had enough money to buld from the other direction, and that may have helped finally get some over there.

You won't need many stands for this scenario 2 or 3 should do. One animal show is enough, and you can set the price at $0 - you only need the head count. I may also try it again and try to NOT have the guests so happy and see what happens........

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 12:17:44 PM »
Hi
Am still working on this scenario. I will keep trying until I complete it!! I've not yet oneget the best of me yet.
Quick question for anyone who has completed this one - what animals have you put in and where and what animal did you use for the show?
Also, any suggestons for getting people over to the island as now they have decided that they do not want to swim over to it!
Thanx

Natasha

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 11:07:55 PM »
This scenario requires some thinking and trying. Do not feel ashamed when you start over. It is hard to keep going, once you get off track.

Send me a pm, if you want more hints.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 03:00:04 AM »
I need help with this one if anyone has completed it.

I have met all conditions apart from the 50 guests in the show part. I have tried to encourage my guests over to the island by putting animals near the swimming shacks and keeping them happy. Plus I have fenced off the swimming areas making sure that on a couple of the shacks you can either get at at the same shack that you came in on or go to the island where the show is.

Also my guests seem to stick together near the entrance and not swim. Please help.

Thanks very much

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005, 07:59:36 AM »
You are having trouble with swimming shacks?

make sure they are on the water the right way, if you put them on backward, the guests wont go in.  put a path right up to the doorway, so they will think of walking that way, otherwise they just might ignore it.  there also has to be at least 100 squares of water for them to swim in (i would use freshwater, but i dont think it matters) 100 squares=4 of the terrain tool at its biggest size (25x4=100)  
the guests also get very tired after they come out, so make sure you place lots of benches and a restaruant near the shack

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2005, 08:09:48 AM »
my guests will stay by the entrance and not swim too.  :angry: Make sure there is plenty of space for them to swim (but not too much, probably about 15-45 squares if you have a lot of guests.  Also, sometimes putting a dolphin shack in will sometimes get them moving.   To get teh guests over to your show try putting in a food court with burger and drink stands and some bouncy rides if you have them.

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2005, 08:45:56 AM »
Some suggestions, that worked for me: do not build many attractions at the entrance. I did not put any there.  You want the guests to use the swim shack.  Use the rope buoy to "direct" your guests to next island.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2005, 01:05:42 PM »
Maybe I have now downloaded it properly then as I can't access the path, terrain & land height tool. Will try downloading again but do you have any suggestions for getting those parts t work.

Cheers

Natasha

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2005, 04:49:05 PM »
Originally posted by wolfclan4515@Feb 12 2005, 09:09 AM
Make sure there is plenty of space for them to swim (but not too much, probably about 15-45 squares if you have a lot of guests.
There has to be at least 100 squares for the guests to use it.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2005, 09:44:51 PM »
I've got it to work with 50 before, but sometimes it doesn't work.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2005, 11:53:48 AM »

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2005, 12:08:38 PM »
Originally posted by nafrayu@Feb 13 2005, 12:53 PM

You're not a nusaince, this place is for people that are having game troubles.

Your problems may be a glitch, or sometimes downloads cause problems.  Do you have any downloads?

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2005, 01:57:18 PM »
Hi

Have most of the downloads available for ZT1 but have also rec'd a reply from casey stating the scenario was programmed that way. My peeps are still staying nr the entrance. Have put 1 exhibit and the adoption ctr there but nothing else. Have put the buoys to separate of each swimming area leaving only 2 or possibly 3 in the same area. Haven't yet managed to get people over to the island let alone the shows but will keep trying.

I WILL SUCEED!!!!!!

Offline icepengwyn

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2005, 06:14:39 PM »
I just finished the swimmer's zoo, and it was frustrating trying to get the guests over to the last island. Took 18 months.

For those who have not seen it, there are several islands, and the only way to get to them is from the swim shacks.  The swim shacks are set in place, and the terrain tools are purposely turned off. You can not buy more shacks.

I had the guests directed from the savannah entrance to the deciduous/coniferous island, then to the sand island, then to the rainforest island. Each island saw fewer guests - most would come up to the shack, and just turn around (lots of swimming space). With 771 guests there are still a whole shlew on the starting land, and a good half shlew on the first island. Relatively few made it all the way over. I think next time I will skip the sand island and have them go to the rainforest island. That way they only go swimming twice. Setting the shack price down to $2 didn't help pursuade them! I had enough money to buld from the other direction, and that may have helped finally get some over there.

You won't need many stands for this scenario 2 or 3 should do. One animal show is enough, and you can set the price at $0 - you only need the head count. I may also try it again and try to NOT have the guests so happy and see what happens........

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 12:17:44 PM »
Hi
Am still working on this scenario. I will keep trying until I complete it!! I've not yet oneget the best of me yet.
Quick question for anyone who has completed this one - what animals have you put in and where and what animal did you use for the show?
Also, any suggestons for getting people over to the island as now they have decided that they do not want to swim over to it!
Thanx

Natasha