Author Topic: Jtt The Ice Age  (Read 5448 times)

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« on: February 26, 2005, 01:38:27 PM »
Hi

Yet another problem. Have just started this scenario and do have half of the animals ie Reindeer & Unicorn required to meet the conditions. Thought that the Phantasia may meet as the Unicorn but do not know what to do about the reindeer and others. I seem to only have a few animals approx 14 and not the usual loads of them inc marine life etc.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 10:16:42 PM »
The reindeer needs to be downloaded if you don't have the Complete Collection, and the Unicorn can be acquired by renaming one of your exhibits Xanadu.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 11:16:59 AM »
Hi

Cheers for that. The bizarre thing is that I have the complete collection and the reindeer downloaded so am still unsure as to why this is not working. Any more ideas? I will try again to see what happens also.

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 11:27:06 AM »
The JTT scenarios work that you achieve a goal at a time to obtain new animals etc for the next goals.
With the ice age scenario, you should have 2 yeti's available to you to start with (wandering around the zoo).  You also have some other ice age animals there you can adopt to fufill requirements.
You will find once you ahieve those goals, the other animals required will become available to you.

That is why you can't see them there at the beginning of the scenario.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 12:20:11 PM »
You are an angel!!!

Excuse me for being so thick but I really couldn't figure out what was happening. Now I have to figure what the 1st requirement is for the Modern Under Threat scenario as that is totally missing from the description!

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 05:35:55 PM »
Hey- no you are not thick- these are well made and planned scenarios and have tested everybody at some point !!

- checking the scenario goals will help you there- most of them are listed in order (there are some that out of order though depending on how you do your zoo).

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 12:33:49 PM »
Hi

Have checked scenario goals for Modern Under Threat and the 1st line just says 'adopt 1 s(s)' What am I meant to be adopting? I know that I have not yet got that far but was having a look through to see what the other goals are and found this

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 01:28:31 PM »
Hi I answered in the MOdern under threat  thread.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 12:16:40 PM »
Hi

Me again. yes I saw that answer. Now am trying to get my Wooly Mammoths to breed and they don't seem to want to at the moment.Thanks once again for all your advice.

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 08:51:37 PM »
Wooly mammoths are tricky.  Try using lots of the scrub \ tundra foliage.  They are one of the animals that REALLY seems to get happier when their favorite is used.  Also, no electric fences (not really needed).  And make sure they have a large exhibit.  Also, the more of them the better if you can adopt them.  They like to travel in herds.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 12:53:12 PM »
Wow, what can I say but a huge thanx. I made my exhibit bigger, added 2 more wooly mammoths and hey presto - within a month they bred!!!!

Am working on the unicorns now but have never really encountered a problem with them before.

Natasha

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 01:38:27 PM »
Hi

Yet another problem. Have just started this scenario and do have half of the animals ie Reindeer & Unicorn required to meet the conditions. Thought that the Phantasia may meet as the Unicorn but do not know what to do about the reindeer and others. I seem to only have a few animals approx 14 and not the usual loads of them inc marine life etc.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2005, 10:16:42 PM »
The reindeer needs to be downloaded if you don't have the Complete Collection, and the Unicorn can be acquired by renaming one of your exhibits Xanadu.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 11:16:59 AM »
Hi

Cheers for that. The bizarre thing is that I have the complete collection and the reindeer downloaded so am still unsure as to why this is not working. Any more ideas? I will try again to see what happens also.

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 11:27:06 AM »
The JTT scenarios work that you achieve a goal at a time to obtain new animals etc for the next goals.
With the ice age scenario, you should have 2 yeti's available to you to start with (wandering around the zoo).  You also have some other ice age animals there you can adopt to fufill requirements.
You will find once you ahieve those goals, the other animals required will become available to you.

That is why you can't see them there at the beginning of the scenario.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 12:20:11 PM »
You are an angel!!!

Excuse me for being so thick but I really couldn't figure out what was happening. Now I have to figure what the 1st requirement is for the Modern Under Threat scenario as that is totally missing from the description!

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2005, 05:35:55 PM »
Hey- no you are not thick- these are well made and planned scenarios and have tested everybody at some point !!

- checking the scenario goals will help you there- most of them are listed in order (there are some that out of order though depending on how you do your zoo).

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 12:33:49 PM »
Hi

Have checked scenario goals for Modern Under Threat and the 1st line just says 'adopt 1 s(s)' What am I meant to be adopting? I know that I have not yet got that far but was having a look through to see what the other goals are and found this

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 01:28:31 PM »
Hi I answered in the MOdern under threat  thread.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 12:16:40 PM »
Hi

Me again. yes I saw that answer. Now am trying to get my Wooly Mammoths to breed and they don't seem to want to at the moment.Thanks once again for all your advice.

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 08:51:37 PM »
Wooly mammoths are tricky.  Try using lots of the scrub \ tundra foliage.  They are one of the animals that REALLY seems to get happier when their favorite is used.  Also, no electric fences (not really needed).  And make sure they have a large exhibit.  Also, the more of them the better if you can adopt them.  They like to travel in herds.

Offline nafrayu

• Pooper Scooper
Jtt The Ice Age
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2005, 12:53:12 PM »
Wow, what can I say but a huge thanx. I made my exhibit bigger, added 2 more wooly mammoths and hey presto - within a month they bred!!!!

Am working on the unicorns now but have never really encountered a problem with them before.

Natasha