Author Topic: Dinosaur Scenarios (Return to Dino Island)  (Read 4844 times)

GreenGal

Dinosaur Scenarios (Return to Dino Island)
« on: March 19, 2005, 06:23:34 PM »
Hello,

I need some help with the Return to Dino Island Scenario.  I don't do too well with dinosaur scenarios in general, and I'm struggling with this one because my dinosaurs keep escaping.  Any advice to make sure they dont' escape? I'm using the electric fence and I've got lots of maintenance workers to maintain the fences, and I'm trying to check them as much as possible, but they just keep getting out!

My other question would be, because one of the objectives is to achieve exhibit suitability of 90% for the intial 9 animals...does anyone know if you acheive that, and then subsequently sell the some of the dinosaurs, would you still get credit for the objective? For example, I want to sell off the Spinosaurus as that's one of the ones giving me the most trouble, and replace it with a more docile animal or dino, but I don't know if I will still get credit for that objective.

Thanks!
Kelly

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 01:13:17 AM »
1. Sink the exhibits 2 levels down; that will also get rid of the need for the electric fence.

2. I'm not sure; it depends on how the scenario is programmed.

Offline Firehawke

• "Ooh, look---it's a frog!"
  • Game Warden
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 08:07:27 AM »
You could also have 1 square of water all around the outside of the exhibit.  Dinos can't cross the water (usually)

Offline snakefang12

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://seabluesee.conforums3.com/index.cgi
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 11:00:22 PM »
I put two layers of fencing down and water around the fence just in case.

Offline icepengwyn

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 04:51:08 PM »
I either lower the exhibit or raise the viewing area. You get same effect, but the cost will be cheaper depending on your terrain elevations. On a flat surface, for my particular method, it's cheaper to raise the viewing area.

I put a 3-square wide "berm" for the visitors with a path in the middle square. I use the low post & rail fencing cause it's a whole lot cheaper than any of the Dino fences! Also, there's no problem for the visitors in seeing the animals. The low stick fence seems to block the view. If you get problems with Dinos feeling crowded, switch some of the fencing to a tall solid fence.  Some of the really large exhibits may also get a raised viewing area.

How deep? All Dino's get lowered by 2 levels with these exceptions:
T. Rex 3 levels
These can all go with one level down: Loch Ness Monster (Bonus critter), Ankylosaurus, Coelodontia, Deinosuchus, Kentrosaurus, Meiolania, Plesiosaurus, Stegosaurus, Styracosaurus & Triceratops

Remember, you don't need to have a ramp for the keepers or scientists - they can handle any drop or rise in elevation.

Between two adjacent exhibits I raise the ground by the needed level, with a one-square wide berm.  I put the cheapest fencing on both sides so there's no complaining about steep elevations, etc. I also usually have one scientist for every 2 Dino exhibits, (some of these guys sure make a lot of dino-guano...) and you can put the exhibit doors here across from each other, and away from crowds, buildings, etc.

I use the fences forever hack, but even without it if your fence is damaged the Dinos can't escape.

Alex

Offline SwordMako

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 12:50:56 AM »
You can sell all the original dinosaurs and still beat the scenario. I did  :whistle

GreenGal

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 06:23:34 PM »
Hello,

I need some help with the Return to Dino Island Scenario.  I don't do too well with dinosaur scenarios in general, and I'm struggling with this one because my dinosaurs keep escaping.  Any advice to make sure they dont' escape? I'm using the electric fence and I've got lots of maintenance workers to maintain the fences, and I'm trying to check them as much as possible, but they just keep getting out!

My other question would be, because one of the objectives is to achieve exhibit suitability of 90% for the intial 9 animals...does anyone know if you acheive that, and then subsequently sell the some of the dinosaurs, would you still get credit for the objective? For example, I want to sell off the Spinosaurus as that's one of the ones giving me the most trouble, and replace it with a more docile animal or dino, but I don't know if I will still get credit for that objective.

Thanks!
Kelly

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 01:13:17 AM »
1. Sink the exhibits 2 levels down; that will also get rid of the need for the electric fence.

2. I'm not sure; it depends on how the scenario is programmed.

Offline Firehawke

• "Ooh, look---it's a frog!"
  • Game Warden
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 08:07:27 AM »
You could also have 1 square of water all around the outside of the exhibit.  Dinos can't cross the water (usually)

Offline snakefang12

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://seabluesee.conforums3.com/index.cgi
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 11:00:22 PM »
I put two layers of fencing down and water around the fence just in case.

Offline icepengwyn

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 04:51:08 PM »
I either lower the exhibit or raise the viewing area. You get same effect, but the cost will be cheaper depending on your terrain elevations. On a flat surface, for my particular method, it's cheaper to raise the viewing area.

I put a 3-square wide "berm" for the visitors with a path in the middle square. I use the low post & rail fencing cause it's a whole lot cheaper than any of the Dino fences! Also, there's no problem for the visitors in seeing the animals. The low stick fence seems to block the view. If you get problems with Dinos feeling crowded, switch some of the fencing to a tall solid fence.  Some of the really large exhibits may also get a raised viewing area.

How deep? All Dino's get lowered by 2 levels with these exceptions:
T. Rex 3 levels
These can all go with one level down: Loch Ness Monster (Bonus critter), Ankylosaurus, Coelodontia, Deinosuchus, Kentrosaurus, Meiolania, Plesiosaurus, Stegosaurus, Styracosaurus & Triceratops

Remember, you don't need to have a ramp for the keepers or scientists - they can handle any drop or rise in elevation.

Between two adjacent exhibits I raise the ground by the needed level, with a one-square wide berm.  I put the cheapest fencing on both sides so there's no complaining about steep elevations, etc. I also usually have one scientist for every 2 Dino exhibits, (some of these guys sure make a lot of dino-guano...) and you can put the exhibit doors here across from each other, and away from crowds, buildings, etc.

I use the fences forever hack, but even without it if your fence is damaged the Dinos can't escape.

Alex

Offline SwordMako

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 12:50:56 AM »
You can sell all the original dinosaurs and still beat the scenario. I did  :whistle