Author Topic: Zoo Rating - ?  (Read 4331 times)

mystik

Zoo Rating - ?
« on: September 13, 2005, 12:25:46 AM »
Hello!
Please excuse me if I am interrupting.  I would introduce, but I see many familiar faces here :)  But let me know if I need to say a better netiquette Hi!!!

I am having trouble with Surf and Turf Scenario.  I completed it once before, bvut now I have my own game and I am re-doing.  the others have been simple...up to endangered specues, but that is another topic...

I have added my dino in this scneario.  The guests seem happy.  The animals are.  All exhibits above 85%..most high 90's.  Last try I tried adding another dino, but went broke quickly!  A few guests are hungry, thirsty, etc.  :rolleyes  (eg 5 out of 300) but I cannot get above 81 in my zoo rating.  This landscaope is tough...much terrain leveling top build any exhibit, so $$ is tight.  Any thoughts?  

You have a fantastic site here.  I got lost on my way, via ZooTek - lol  :D - but it is nice to see you all.  Thanks again for all your hard work here...and there!

Take care...have fun!

mystik

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Zoo Rating - ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 12:26:36 AM »
Senery prehaps? LOTS of flower beds....
Also, there is a zoo rating guide, I'll get a link....this guide is v. helpful. Lots of tips. :)

Offline Wooly Rhino

• Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
    • http://s15.invisionfree.com/shadowstar/index.php?act=idx
Zoo Rating - ?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 06:25:03 AM »
Welcome back Mystik!

off-topic

Offline Melt0s

• Zookeeper
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/Melt0s/
Zoo Rating - ?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 07:28:57 AM »
Yeah, Flower Beds Help. Just Make The Zoo Pretty, What You Think Would Be Pretty, Im Not Sure If You Do the Money Cheat, But If You Do, Get The Houses (E.g. Primate House) And Also, The Japanese/Chinese Gardens. They Boosted Mine Up, Its tricky Yeah, But Keep at it, Practise I Geuss :D Good Luck My Friend, Feel Free To PM Any More Questions?

Offline Wooly Rhino

• Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
    • http://s15.invisionfree.com/shadowstar/index.php?act=idx
Zoo Rating - ?
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 08:03:11 AM »
The oriental stuff really helps. Sorry 'bout being offtopic.

Gorilla_man_ape

Zoo Rating - ?
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 09:18:11 PM »
Fill in all your space guest dont't like open space they get lost to easily with nutt nto look at

Offline Aeris1116

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Rating - ?
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 09:22:11 AM »
I'm having the same problem.  Except I already have a japanese garden, flowers all over the place, 2 restaurants, lots of animal houses, a boat rental, swim with the dolphins, 2 dino exhibits, 3 marine exhibits and a regular exhibit.  I'm stuck at 84% and it's driving me nuts!  My zoo is like 6 years old!  I'm going nuts!  I've done all the research, too.  I just can't get those guests happy.  All my animals are in perfect exhibits and are really happy, but those guests are impossible.  I even tried increasing the price of admission so that as many wouldn't come into the zoo.  Help!!!

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Zoo Rating - ?
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 01:34:05 PM »
If you're tight on money, try putting a compost building at the very back of your zoo, or where guests won't be able to see or smell it.  It is a great moneymaker.

If you need your ZR to only go up one or 2 points, and you have a bit of money to spare, complete some research even if you don't need it.  Part of your ZR is based on this, and sometimes all you need in a scenario is to complete those and it will get you over the top.

As for guests, try to make sure that wherever they are walking, they are they are seeing animals as much as possible.  Happy Animals=Happy Guests
It's also a good idea to use only restaurants instead of food courts, bathrooms and trash cans don't make a good impact on guest happiness.  Same thing with elephant rides.  I find the best attraction seems to be the carousel.

Aeris - I would recommend not putting the boat rental or swim with dolphins.  They don't seem to make alot of money, and guests are usually tired when the come out, in turn making them unhappy.  You might want to put a carousel or animal theatre in instead.