Author Topic: OXMASTER'S zoos  (Read 5224 times)

Offline OXMASTER

• Zookeeper
OXMASTER'S zoos
« on: December 22, 2006, 08:55:11 PM »
Wild sancuary zoo

In a large city industialized by mankind there exists a small and sometimes referred to as "worthless" zoo named Wild Sancuary.  Here the only really wild animals for over 200 miles live and thrive.  Many organizations, companies, and other big businesses want the zoo demolished to fully industrialize the city.  The zoos devoted keepers Mia, Doug, Rick, Trina, and the zoo's manager Tobias have giving the zoo the nickname "Diamond in the rough" as it is the one jewel that keeps this city from going black.

= Introduction=
The Wild Sancuary is slowy dying, malls, theatres, and sports arenas are filling the citizens needs and have stopped going to the zoo  and within 4 months the zoo will go bankrupt.  Tobias has called a staff meeting to discuss the new problem, a local wildlife organization (WPO) has stopped supplying the zoo with a monthly donation of $3500 saying that the zoo has yet to have any successful breedings and have even lost an animal in the last month.  The zoo is now in an even worse condition because over half of their monthly income comes from the WPO donations.  

ZA member interaction- name an organizaion, a total amount, and a goal  you'd like the zoo to reach and in how long
ex- organization- WPO
      Monthly Donation- $3500
      goal- breed 3 animals each month

animals currently in the zoo
Nile Monitor
Pygmy Hippopotomus
ostrich
zebra
mandrill
galopogous tortoise
manta ray

P.S. Can someone help me find another image posting site, Imageshack isn't working right now (for me anyway)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 09:00:31 PM by OXMASTER »

Offline Weird Magician

• Pooper Scooper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 09:04:56 PM »
Got any screenies?

Offline OXMASTER

• Zookeeper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 09:09:47 PM »
Quote from: Weird Magician;167552
Got any screenies?

read the Post script

I have plenty of screenies but  since imageshack isn't working for me now i need to find a new site to use any suggestions?

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 09:36:58 PM »
You can try http://www.photobucket.com

It works very well for me! This sounds like a great idea, can't wait to see the pics.

Offline beagleboy21

• Zookeeper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 09:50:22 PM »
BBA orgnztion, is happey to give you a one time dnation of 10,000 dolars.  with this fund, you must build a indoor Tank for 2 belguas, animals are shipped along with the donation, and if you dont have MM2, build a indoor exuibut for a animal.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 11:11:37 PM by beagleboy21 »

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 10:08:15 PM »
Mother Earth will generously donate a reward of 40,000 dollars if you build an entirely covered over shark house, containing:

*4 hammerheads
*1 great white
*3 reef sharks
*2 Goblin sharks
* 2 Whale sharks, and make them breed

and have all of their stats fulfilled

Tank filters will be complimentary, as well as the roofing.

I hope you can get screens up soon. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 09:23:00 AM by Alpha Dilophosaur »

Offline OXMASTER

• Zookeeper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 10:15:16 PM »
ok sorry to mention this after 2 donations have been made but since 1 of my screenies is the map ill let you know now that all the exhibits are already laid out and try to keep the donations and conditions to 1 or 2 animals this is a small map and i really dont have the room.

- will update tomorrow

Offline zooluv

• Pooper Scooper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 07:44:22 AM »
The STE(save the earth)foundation will kindly donate 50 thousand if you design and build a sea turtle exhibet containing atleast a male and a female and breed them. The rest of the money goes towards anything you would like to buld.

Offline Venatosaurus

• Zookeeper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 08:43:45 AM »
Global Life woud like to donate 50,000 dollars if you can sucessfully house and breed 2 Scimitar Horned Oryxes within 4 months if it is sucessfully reached you will be rewarded an additional 10,000 dollars as well.

Offline CoolKid

• Zookeeper
    • Modern Hunting!
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 02:21:24 PM »
A local organization will donate 20,000 if you get a male@female dolphin. Breed them and you get extra 10,000

Offline OXMASTER

• Zookeeper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 08:50:45 AM »
ok guys I know ive had a serious lack of pics but with the holidays, the fact that imageshack changed and my difficulties with photobucket I will hopefully have the pictures today at best.

=Update #2=

The staff at the zoo are all in good spirit today as 3 letters in the mail box have confirmed that they are recieveing a total donation of $120,000!!!
  But all is not happy, the Park Manager has added up the total costs of housing fees, food bills, medical care, and animal care to $25,000 in total, while that is a hefty amount of money the zoo staff is still happy about the $95,000 and are going to try to meet the requirements listed in the notices as well.

First on their checklist of things to do is build a new marine exhibit for the animals that are going to be flown in.  Seeing as the new Bottlenose dolphins and the green sea turtles are going to cost the zoo a large sum of money due to food, medical and the normal billing but at hte same time the price of the water to fill that large of a tank.  As for the scimitar horned oryx plans aren't going as schedule the zoo was hoping to get the new animals 3 days ago but seeing as their extinct in the wild they just have to hope another zoo will let them adopt 2 of theirs.
=Animal news=
[/B]    
Even with 3 new species being added the excitment never stops, for the first time in years the zoo has actually had 2 successful births, 2 endangered Pygmy hippos are now a new treat for the guests as well has the 3 new ostrich hatchlings; in later news the zoo has found 2 Scimitar horned oryx that were adopted from the San diego zoo, while a new exhibit could not be made at the time the oryxs are being moved in with the grevy's zebras until one can be made.  The zoo has another problem with its oldest resident Guss who is showing some signs of lonliness and depresstion.  With all the new adoptions and exhibits the zoo has a total of 50,000 to its name.

ZA member interaction #2- (you can still apply for #1) create the name of a zoo and post at most 3 animals up for adoption and how much will it cost to adopt each (please don't post duplicates of the same animal)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 09:36:04 AM by OXMASTER »

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 06:04:51 PM »
The Hooplaland Animal Preserve Has the following animals up for adoption:

American Bison-$1,000
Striped Hyena-$2,000
American Beaver-$1,250

Good storyline!

Offline jar10man

• Pooper Scooper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 06:42:35 PM »
The zoo of isreal would kindly donate for $3,000
 2 great white sharks. The pair is made of a male and a female. Also our parent comapany will donate $60,000 if you can reach a star rating of 2 and a haf stars.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 08:22:19 PM by jar10man »

Offline zooluv

• Pooper Scooper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 06:48:56 PM »
One of the STE's sponser zoo's would like to donate two giraffes two sea otters and three californian sea lions. If you can create two shows with the sea lions and otters the STE will donate 100,000:surprise:  more dollars.

Offline Sk8er at the Disco

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.myspace.com/sk8ter90210
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 06:51:02 PM »
I love the pic with the African Spurred tortise

Offline Lt.Dan

• Pooper Scooper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 07:03:56 PM »
the WWPU would be willing to donate 35,000 dollars if you could succsefully breed Manta Rays twice, and if you realease one of these second generation Rays into the wild they would give an extra 15,000

Offline CommieX

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 07:21:54 PM »
Duff Gardens is willing to donate $20,000 and a pair of rockhopper penguins if you house:

four common peafowl
two ring-tailed lemurs
two aardvarks

Offline OXMASTER

• Zookeeper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2006, 07:31:36 PM »
*ok before i start on update number 3 i guess i sshould recap some rules here*

1. no donations can include animals, objects or any sum of money over $150,000
2. there are only 2 tanks left in the zoo (yes i premade the zoo but my computer is lagging so badly the map won't download correctly) so please cut back on the pure marine life, turtles and seals are fine though.
3.  remember this zoo is supose to be a sort of show in a sense and needs time to develope so even though i know some of you want your favorite animals in it but be patient an let it work out over time.

P.S. Sk8er its a galopoaos tortioise not an african spurred tortoise.

Notice- on december 28 2006 the donation activity will be closed (to many activities would get confusing at some point)

So far following Update #2 these have been excepted...

1. King Hoopla- animal adoptions
2. L.T. Browns- donation and goal

Offline beagleboy21

• Zookeeper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 05:05:46 PM »
people are being WAY to unreal in this, zoos, or zoo socitys, dont have 100,000 dolars to give away!  but this choice is up to oxmaster.  anyway...
BBA scioty has some animals that are in need of a zoo...
1: 3 Beavers
2: 1 Flamingo
3: 4 african buffle.

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 03:35:36 PM »
Cool. Can't wait for the next part.

Offline jakeeh11

• Zookeeper
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 03:51:07 PM »
Trance Animal Shelter has a mob of meerkats. One meerkat was sadly pushed out of the group. Not haveing the money to make another exhibit, they are selling Sonic the male merrkat for $1,000 dollars. U.S., cash up front.:wink:

Offline lvdzoo

• Pooper Scooper
    • DON'T CLICK HERE!
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 04:43:32 PM »
An anonymous multi-billionaire is offering a pair of Tyranosauruses to the city zoo, provided they acheive a fame of three stars or higher. If they reach the set goal within a month, the zoo will receive a cash grant of $50,000 as well.

Offline lvdzoo

• Pooper Scooper
    • DON'T CLICK HERE!
Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 03:42:18 PM »
Bump. :P

Offline lvdzoo

• Pooper Scooper
    • DON'T CLICK HERE!
Re: Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 09:03:59 PM »
Bump??  :crying:

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Re: Diamond in the rough zoo
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 01:13:48 PM »
Please do not bump topics that rely on a member to be around for it to be updated, such as a Show & Tell Topic. Sometimes Real Life prohibits people coming around as much and thus you'll just have to wait, I'm afraid. I'm sure OXMASTER hasn't forgotten about his own thread!

Thanks!