Author Topic: The return of Wolfclans zoo art  (Read 2383 times)

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
The return of Wolfclans zoo art
« on: February 18, 2007, 05:08:06 PM »
 :surprise:After a long break from Zoo Tycoon I have decided to start playing it again, and hopefully this will get me to visit the site more and catch up on everything.

Its time for me to post my zoos again.  :dancer: Here you will find pictures of only my best zoos, zoo tours, and possibly even some new diaries again  :bounce: for those of you who remember that far back.  

First off lets start with a simple zoo that I have constructed in the forests of Eastern Minnesota.  You will be guided by our best tour guide, Ms. Saville.

Lets visit
Blanfords Nature Conservancy and Zoo

This zoo started out as just a wildlife rehabilitation center for moose about 6 years ago.  A year after the moose rehab center opened up Manager Wolfclan recieved a letter from the U.S. Department of Wildlife requesting that she take in a young bengal tiger who had been abused in a circus.  She accepted the offer and was surprised to find that locals wanted to visit her tiger.  This inspired her to open up a zoo.  In later years she constructed beautiful exhibets and took in more animals.  Soon she had created a thriving zoo.

The first thing you will see when you enter the zoo is the beautiful statues among the dense foliage.  A little bit farther on are the gorgeous flower arches that show guests where the entrance to the park is.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 05:10:36 PM by wolfclan4515 »

Offline african_elephant_2006

• Zookeeper
  • Remember the elephants. Forget ivory!
Re: The return of Wolfclans zoo art
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 05:10:43 PM »
Wow! You're zoo looks good so far. Any animals?
(I am not worthy! :worthy:) :worthy:

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 05:16:33 PM »
Of course there are animals.

If you do not wish to visit the park and grab a bite to eat just yet then please continue to your right.  The first animals you will see are the elusive spanish lynx.  These little guys are very endangered.  We are hoping that our female will give birth soon.

Across from the spanish lynx you will see a pack of fennec fox playing in the sands.  They share their exhibet with the geaceful addax and scimitar horned oryx.  All of these animals have been very succesful at producing offspring.

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 05:23:37 PM »
The next exhibet is home to a pair of snow leopards.  These two have had 4 cubs so far in the 3 years that they have been here.  

As we continue on we will come across a favorite for the young kids who visit this zoo.  Przwalskis wild horses.  As you can see we are having no problems getting these animals to reproduce.

Next you will come across a rather chilly exhibet.  The penguins.  These animals are very friendly but we prefer you keep your hands away.

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 05:31:46 PM »
After seeing the penguins dive in and out of their icy waters dont you want to see something a little warmer?  Well you are in luck.  Our next exhibet features two animals from the warm african plains.  Two giraffe.  So far, all attempts to breed these animals have been unsuccesful.

Next to the giraffe are four cute little animals from Madagascar.  Ring tailed lemurs.  These are our most recent residents to the zoo.

In the corner of the zoo is a small exhibet that holds a pair of red pandas.  These cute little guys are very shy.

Offline african_elephant_2006

• Zookeeper
  • Remember the elephants. Forget ivory!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 05:34:45 PM »
Wow. Great pics!

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 05:43:09 PM »
Continuing down the path you will come to Chinas most prized possesion, the giant panda.  We are hosting this pair for 4 years, then they must return to china.  They have had one cub, giving our zoo a $50,000 donation from the chinese government and bringing hundreds of new guests to the zoo.  You cannot see the little guy though, his parents would rather he stay in his hollow tree stump.

Across from the pandas are our original residents here, moose.  These two were brought in from Canada.  They had been kept as pets when they were young but released to the wild when they became too much to handle.  Not knowing how to survive in the wild, these young animals stayed in town and terrorized locals.  They were brought here to live the rest of their lives in peace.

A flock of flamingos are the last animals on this part of the path.  They are also successful reproducers.

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 05:48:37 PM »
 :sthanks:

This path ends in the back of the park area, where you will see a food court.  This particular guest looks as if he's had too much to eat.

After exiting the park you will come to a tortoise holding two giant galopogos tortoises and their two hatchlings.  In you look closely you can see a baby in the grass.

Next to the tortoises are three large hippos.  The guests love these animals.

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 05:55:20 PM »
Our last exhibet is our most famous.  We have four bengal tigers living peacefully in here.  Umm, they seem to be hiding so lets look through the binoculars to zoom in.  Ah, there we go.  I can see the white male and his son!  Can you?  Oh and the golden tabby female too.  And both of the cubs.  These animals have earned thousands of dollars for our zoo.

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 06:00:41 PM »
One last view of the bengal tigers shows them coming out of the bushes to take a relaxing swim.

Now for a few overviews.

Thats it for today everyone. Thank you for being patient and visiting the Blanfords Nature Zoo.  Please return again to see some more of our managers work.

Ms. Saville.

Offline Jaguar

• Zookeeper
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 12:00:37 AM »
Loving your pictures, they look fantastic!

Offline LionPride

• Pooper Scooper
  • LionPride
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 05:11:07 AM »
Love the pictures. They are simply amazing!

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 08:49:06 AM »
Lovely pics, Wolfclan. I haven't been around long enough to have seen any of your zoos before but these look great.

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 09:00:18 AM »
Yay!! You're building zoos again! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.