Zoo Admin Welcome Center > Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ's

(1/8) > >>

Texgnome1:
Howdy everyone!  Hope you're doing well.  Figured I'd start this and let you, our wonderful members, help us create our FAQ's.  What I'm going to be doing is compiling some of THE most frequently asked questions that I see as an admin.  The first two are similar, and I hear them almost every day.  So I'll combine them.  I've also got the second item to list, so we'll get this one up here as well.  If you have things you think need to be in our FAQ, make a post here.  What I'll do is get an appropriate answer, and then delete your post once I update it into the FAQ.  Thanks everyone!

FAQ's:

1) How do I install user-created downloads into my ZT1/ZT2 games?
The best place to start is in the individual download support forums.  Both forums have detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to install user-created content.  If you still can't get the items to work, you can make a post in that same forum asking for help.  The tutorials are pinned at the top of each section.  Click on the below links to find the instructions.

Zoo Tycoon 1
Zoo Tycoon 2

2) What do I do if I have registration problems or if I have an issue with the site in general?

Any registration problems can be addressed to me.  My email is texgnome1@ogresnet.com.  Please know that our registration process is set to keep the spambots out.  I know it can be a bit of a pain, but we DO NOT want them here.  :nospam:  When you complete your registration, an email is sent to the email you used to register.  This email contains a validation link.  If you do not click on the validation link, you cannot post.  You cannot join in our fun.  This makes the gnome sad.  If you do not click on the link within 48 hours, you will have to register again!

3) WHY is the ZA staff so strict?  And why are there so many rules?  Other forums are much more lenient?

I honestly wish I had a quarter for every time I've heard this one.  I could retire already.  This is a family friendly forum.  Yes, we like to kid and joke and have fun.  BUT because Zoo Tycoon is targetted towards younger teens, we have to be a bit more strict on the rules.  They really are there for your protection.  We banned you or your friend?  I can guarantee that it was warranted.  We have a pretty lenient discipline policy.  If you get to that point, you've been given several chances.

Let's face it, we have lots of younger members here.  We want you here.  But when you register for our forums, you agree to abide by our rules.  That's what "I Accept" means.  If you have a question about whether you should or should not do something, ask any one of the staff.  We'll be glad to help you.

Ixion:
if you are banned, is there any way that you can "be brought back form the dead"?

Penguino:
You can be suspended, which is a temporary ban. However, if you are banned, then that is permanent, unless it can be shown that it was done in error.

shecrock:
If  an error happens , they are quick to correct the error and our vere gracious about it . For that we all should thank all our Admin's for the fine jobthey do  and keeping this site safekids of all ages.

Zoo Titan:
What about the Private Message system? I know the rules but I don't know how to use it furthur than sending, receiving, replying to, and deleting messages. I just want to know what happens if you delete an unread message from your "sent" file. Is it deleted from the recipient's inbox?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version