Author Topic: Endangered Species Tips  (Read 26941 times)

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« on: October 24, 2005, 01:28:29 PM »
I was playing ES and figured some stuff out.
1. When you go to the map selection page spin the world around fast. You'll know what I mean when you try it :happy
2. Animals will not breed with their parents. They won't breed with anyone on the tree. So if you start out with a pair of let's say Spect. Bears, they have babies, mabye let them have another litter, sell the parents once the babies are grown up, sell one of the babies (when they grow up of course) and place another one of the other gender.
3. I suggest you use Skytrams more than I suggest a Jeep Tour. If your using a jeep tour, don't bother with gates, the people just walk through the cars or the cars stop. Make sure that there aren't any huge lines near the roads, cause they won't move with people there! Traffic jam. This is why I suggest Sky Tram,s you don't have to worry about lines (or difficult terrain, jeeps can't go on difficult terrain)
Put your tips here

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 04:15:53 PM »
My tip is...don't make the Galapagos Tortoises' exhibit too big!  They walk SOOO slowly!  It's so cute, but they quickly get lots of needs in the red if shelter, food, and water is too far spread out - especially the babies.  One exhibit I made I had to keep moving the baby to where it said it was trying to go, and finally gave up and scattered food and water everywhere!   :lol

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 06:05:36 PM »
Do not ever try to put animals without food, it has happened to me so much...... :><

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 06:36:11 PM »
never put animals with out zookeepers

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 07:36:39 PM »
Do not follow the new ES zookeeper guidelines. There seems to be some glitches.
I have never known a Black Leopard to eat Berries and Bananas. Unless he is a vegertarian or something LOL

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 08:05:21 PM »
Originally posted by dootdoot@Oct 24 2005, 04:28 PM
1. When you go to the map selection page spin the world around fast. You'll know what I mean when you try it :happy

?? Tried it. Don't get it. What'd I miss? :blink

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 08:25:32 PM »
You have to have sound on for it to work, if you do have sound on then I dont know...  ;)

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 09:29:19 PM »
Originally posted by penguinman@Oct 24 2005, 11:25 PM
You have to have sound on for it to work, if you do have sound on then I dont know...  ;)
Ohhhhhhh I get it now. *giggles* awesome.

I usually have the sound off because I like to multi task my slacking, so I usually am watching tv or listening to a cd while I play.  :D

Jumbi

Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 09:50:16 PM »
dont put the javan rhino and tapir in same exzibit the rhino killed my female tapir who was close to giving birth :sad

Offline Rogue11

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 08:05:36 AM »
If you want to create a good breeding population devide the enclosure in 2 parts (using invisible fences if you don't want it to be obvious) and put one breeding pair into each. This way you can make sure that 1 male doens't breed with both females or that one male attacks the other and kills it. Later after both sites have produced a few babies, release the old males into the wild and swap two of your new males.(Put a male that was bread in enclosure 1 into enclosure 2 and vice versa.) Release extra males into the wild.  Repeat this process as many times as you like and you will never end up with females that don't find a mate.

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 08:46:14 AM »
Wow, Rogue, that is a GREAT tip!  I'll remember that should I ever manage to get ZT2! :clap

Larkasnow

Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 01:54:50 PM »
Originally posted by Rogue11@Oct 25 2005, 09:05 AM
If you want to create a good breeding population devide the enclosure in 2 parts (using invisible fences if you don't want it to be obvious) and put one breeding pair into each. This way you can make sure that 1 male doens't breed with both females or that one male attacks the other and kills it. Later after both sites have produced a few babies, release the old males into the wild and swap two of your new males.(Put a male that was bread in enclosure 1 into enclosure 2 and vice versa.) Release extra males into the wild.  Repeat this process as many times as you like and you will never end up with females that don't find a mate.
good stratigie :approve

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 02:46:22 PM »
Originally posted by zoohio@Oct 24 2005, 08:36 PM
Do not follow the new ES zookeeper guidelines. There seems to be some glitches.
I have never known a Black Leopard to eat Berries and Bananas. Unless he is a vegertarian or something LOL
I totally agree with you! I don't think bison eat bananas, either! :huh  (But, he does like berries...) ;) I find that reading the Zoopedia info gives much more accurate info as to who eat what (...or whom...) :(

Offline Zoo Animal

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/zootycoonjungle/index.htm
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 03:02:14 PM »
never put the fennic in the water...it CAINT swim

Offline baobob tree

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 03:36:33 PM »
Originally posted by dootdoot@Oct 24 2005, 02:28 PM
2. Animals will not breed with their parents. They won't breed with anyone on the tree. So if you start out with a pair of let's say Spect. Bears, they have babies, mabye let them have another litter, sell the parents once the babies are grown up, sell one of the babies (when they grow up of course) and place another one of the other gender.
3. I suggest you use Skytrams more than I suggest a Jeep Tour. If your using a jeep tour, don't bother with gates, the people just walk through the cars or the cars stop. Make sure that there aren't any huge lines near the roads, cause they won't move with people there! Traffic jam. This is why I suggest Sky Tram,s you don't have to worry about lines (or difficult terrain, jeeps can't go on difficult terrain)
Put your tips here
that was funny!!!

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 05:30:33 AM »
Tip for breeding
Place an animal in an exhibit (this worked for me with tigers) and wait a month or two. Then place two of the same animals (one female and one male) and if the original animal was lonely, he or she should imeadiatly breed! :blink I swear, two seconds after adopting two Bengal tigers, I got a message that one was pregnant!  :huh Whether this is a strange glitch or a really really really cool trick, be sure to use it.

Tip on animals
I've noticed that animals LOVE to escape from thier exhibits. They do this using the Jeep gate. In the spilt second that it's open, animals may escape. To stop this, I carefuly made a small enclousure. Both gates were never open at the same time until the Jeep was practicly inside them, and if an animal tried to get through, they'd stop the Jeep and be forced to go back. Here is what I'm talking about: (hope the image isn't too big)

Larkasnow

Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 06:13:07 AM »
good tip :happy
naughty wolves lol :lol

Offline lamna

• Senior Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 09:56:42 AM »
Does the fennec get thirsty?

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 11:19:30 AM »
Originally posted by lamna@Oct 26 2005, 10:56 AM
Does the fennec get thirsty?
It's got a water bowl it can drink from, or you can put a very teeny weeny hole in it

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 11:30:59 AM »
the fennec's always "get stuck in water and can't swim" but my water holes are medium sized, so I haven't tried giving them a puddle/  :happy

Offline JoeCool

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 09:41:51 AM »
Put your tips here
why not just use the gates that lower when a jeep passes, keeping people from passing for a minute?

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 10:36:26 AM »
I always use the pedestrian gates. If you don't the tour stops and you lose money.

Offline Ironchef

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Super Hero is my Secret Identity
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 04:29:01 PM »
Any tips on the new scenarios????  I heard they wer really hard. :erm

Penguino: Please do not post in 'loud' fonts.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 07:39:26 PM »
I'm not gonna be able to play ZT2 ES for the weekend. So can someone tell me what happens when you spin the world map real fast? :rolleyes

Has anyone noticed that when you click on an animal in the adoption panel, a new conservation status icon appears? But that's not the thing, the thing is... when you click ont the black leopard, it doesn't have a conservation status icon! BF and MS forgot! :blink

Another thing. You can house spectacled bears with herbiverous animals because spectacled bears are herbiverous anyways! (They don't eat any meat!) :happy

Offline Leveler

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 07:46:09 PM »
I have a question, How do you unlock the roadster buggys? Its killing me trying to figure it out