Author Topic: Endangered Species Tips  (Read 27207 times)

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2006, 08:45:36 AM »
No, it's not unlockable - it just IS. For every certain numbers of "balloons" you get, you get an animal babies statue. I have NO idea of the number (never kept count), but after say, 25, you'll see a wooden "crated animnal" at your front gate. The first time, I didn't know what it was, so I put it in an exhibit and uncrated it. Then, I discovered it was the statue.

Just so you know, the statues do NOT come in "animal" crates. The crates are large, and very light colored wooden boxes, with no air holes, so there's no mistaking them for animals, although the 'mouse tip' SAYS "crated animal", it's really a statue.

So - keep breeding those endangered babies! :lol

Offline Radar

• Snow Tigers
  • Zookeeper
    • http://
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2006, 09:04:55 AM »
Okay thanks csleesburg.

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2006, 09:37:48 AM »
after 20 endangered species give birth you get the statue

Offline Arthur

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2006, 09:52:14 AM »
My tip for the skytram:

If you start building a single line than all the top parts point in one way from the line, all to the right or all to the left. If you dislike the way the are pointed to u have to end the last line to the gatehouse in opposite direction. I try to explain it a bit better.
When making the skytram do not put up the first line from the trambuilding. but just build the first pilar. From there on you build the line arround to the other site. Stop at the final pilar. Now you have a building from there is no line to the first pilar. Then you get the track(pilar+lines) arround your zoo and it ends at the last pilar. From there ther is also no line to the building.
If you now go from one of the two pilars to the building and connect it you see the top parts turning(in- out- side track) or not, depends on the direction. the line goes. If you don´t like de way the tops are pointing to, press de red arrow button to undo last action and start finishing the track from the other side of the already made track. Now you wil see that the tops are pointed the other way.

It´s a diffecult way to explain it, but give it a try in sandbox mode and you will see how it works.

Offline Artemis

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2006, 02:26:25 PM »
Excalibur, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but I think the same thing might be accomplishable just by clicking the little yellow arrow in the building's panel, to change the direction the seats travel?

Offline Giraffedude

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2006, 07:53:40 PM »
If your having a problem keeping guests entertained then by the exit of your zoo tour put a fountain or something so the guests walk out and see the item and then satisfy that need

Offline misskerry

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2006, 11:43:53 AM »
Originally posted by ky300@Dec 26 2005, 08:37 AM
Buffalos breed like rabbits. :lol
so do those 'cute' koala bears...whew... :blush

Offline misskerry

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2006, 12:09:46 PM »
I've noticed that my educators NEVER leave their podiums to go to another one!  I've had to hire educators for every podium in my zoo... click on the little darlings and they say things like "I like hearing myself speak"... no doubt...they don't stop!   :D  I don't recall this happening in earlier versions of the game...didn't they used to move from podium to podium?

please do not double post - use the edit button - thanks.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2006, 01:58:55 AM »
No, they never ever leave their posts. I think you may be right about them liking to hear themselves talk. :lol However you only really need one (I find a second one doesn't seem to generate much profit) - place it in a highly frequented spot near the entrance.

Offline Zoo Animal

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/zootycoonjungle/index.htm
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2006, 02:22:19 AM »
they do say that lol, this is kind of a fun tip so,
breed a few pairs of african wild dogs (to get at least 6 pups) then put in the last mother  pregnent in and when on one pups statis saying "calling to siblings to beg" or somthing like that,go by the adult and watch all the pups run to her lol (o and what i meant by put the last mother pregnent in is to make a seprate exibit with all the pups and the other adult dogs in a diffrent exibit) its cute to watch um all run and beg,then somtimes the mom regurgatates meat kinda gross tho lol  :sick

Offline lamna

• Senior Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2006, 03:58:10 AM »
Here a good tip, use low fencing all the time. I have never had one animal jump a fence and only 1 time a elephant smashed a brick wall.

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2006, 09:58:37 AM »
Originally posted by misskerry@Jan 4 2006, 02:09 PM
I've noticed that my educators NEVER leave their podiums to go to another one!  I've had to hire educators for every podium in my zoo... click on the little darlings and they say things like "I like hearing myself speak"... no doubt...they don't stop!   :D  I don't recall this happening in earlier versions of the game...didn't they used to move from podium to podium?

I've never seen this - mine walk between podiums before giving speeches.

Are your educators trapped?

I've never seen anyone listening to them though :blink

Offline Midnightstar5555

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2006, 12:58:31 PM »
I was just learning the wonders of the campane globe when i learned that if you click on the globe and spin it as fast as you can a couple of times you're almost certain to hear people screaming!

Note: I've had ES since the day it came out!

Offline Osprey

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2006, 01:19:18 PM »
1. Don't place podiums up on elevated paths. The stupid Educators won't use 'em.

2. Unless you have time to care entirely for them, don't get birds or reptiles. Zookeeps won't do much for them. i.e. Anything that lays an egg, they won't scoop it's poo. Grr.

3.  Wrought iron fencing really works well. It's strong, and guests have great visiblity, as well as being decorative. Don't use it for animals that want their privacy though.

4. Add an (Alpha) tag to your Alpha wolves' names (Usually the one that is [are] challenged most frequently). I use it to keep track.

5. Certain fencing (Wrought Iron, for example) curves flush with sidewalk on turns. Much prettyer.

Speaking of breeding like rabbits; Kangaroos. Aie.

Offline lamna

• Senior Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2006, 09:16:12 AM »
Set money to 999,000 before you start a chalenglle game, then open zoo delete folige and we you get to a million you get a really cool zoo gate! Some people would think its a bit gaudy though.

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2006, 10:42:36 AM »
You can set the zoo starting money to above 1 million to receive the gate - on my last challenge I started with 1 and a half million.

This may be only if you use the money cheat though...

Also I've found placing animal enrichment toys and food near the edges of the fence seems to improve the 'entertaining animals' rating in the fame section.
I think this is because the guests can see them playing at the edges but not at the middle of the enclosure...

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2006, 07:45:49 AM »
Yah, when I play challenge, I start with $10,000,000, so I always get the gate. Don't like it though, it's too tacky.

To get entertaining animals to full, use an elevated path to get into the heart of an exibit, make it as low as you can, and put some binocular stands in there. ;)

Offline Wild One

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2006, 05:18:47 PM »
Here's an excellent tip:

If you give cheetahs a big exhibit, they will run around all the time. :lol

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2006, 04:02:33 AM »
When you buy african wild dogs buy only 1 male and 1 female because like the wolves they kill each other. :sad

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2006, 01:41:21 PM »
Originally posted by Crookshankz227@Jan 20 2006, 06:02 AM
When you buy african wild dogs buy only 1 male and 1 female because like the wolves they kill each other. :sad
That's odd. I haven't had one incident in an exhibit with 3 males and 5 females! I've had play-fighting and that's it. Oh, and play-fighting is when they knock eachother down, but if you look at the stats, it says play-fighting instead of fighting.

Offline Leveler

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2006, 01:51:21 PM »
Has anyone noticed that big cats now poop near the water? By putting a water pool in the back of the exibit you can make it easy for keepers to clean it and keep the exibit looking good

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2006, 04:25:51 PM »
Originally posted by Leveler@Jan 20 2006, 03:51 PM
Has anyone noticed that big cats now poop near the water? By putting a water pool in the back of the exibit you can make it easy for keepers to clean it and keep the exibit looking good
I noticed that too

I think my Keeper's are lazy though, they always moan about not being able to reach it...

Offline Winxhorse

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.winxclub.tv
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2006, 05:14:10 AM »
Alway put alot of food in your snow lepord area or they won`t eat and will challage each other to death     :erm  :crazy  :mellow  :><

Offline JoJo

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2006, 05:26:13 AM »
I don't know if anybody already said that , but NEVER have many lynxs! They kill each other like the wolves. :sad

Offline Hughesy

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Pretty kitty
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2006, 11:32:15 AM »
Never put every animal in the same exhibit :hehe