Author Topic: Cat Climber  (Read 5848 times)

Offline AdamfromCanada

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Cat Climber
« on: October 25, 2005, 11:19:41 PM »
Well, I am really enjoying the expansion pack so far, but I found a small glitch.  The cat climber can be climbed on by the cats, but it can also be walked right through.  My lions somehow morphed right through the solid rock, coming out the other side.  It was a heck of a feat.  Anyone else notice this yet?

Secondly, any idea what the Endangered Species Center does besides count the number of babies you have?  I haven't noticed much difference at all when I have it in.

Offline Ratqueen

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.designvortex.com/gaming/petz/
Cat Climber
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 12:56:39 AM »
I haven't unlocked the cat climber yet (although I'm really close now!) but I found that many animals walk through many different things (i.e. through trees, rocks, shelters, etc.) Seems to be bad collision detection in the game. Doesn't bother me much, but I hope they fix it sometime, along with a few other things, like how animals keep popping out of their exhibits (or into other exhibits) for no reason whatsoever.

Haven't unlocked the Breeding Center either. I was looking forward to it when I read in the "manual" that it would help breeding endangered animals... However, since then, I found out that most animals breed like rabbits anyway -- endangered or not -- so I didn't expect (or even hope for!) much difference :)

Offline Quicksilver77

• Zookeeper
Cat Climber
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 07:19:21 AM »
Yeah, I've noticed that animals will walk through a lot of stuff.  So do guests.  They will walk through benches and fountains, I've noticed.  It is too bad some of that wasn't fixed.  And also, I agree about the animals escaping....I really wish they would have fixed that.  In my latest zoo I had some that would either be born or end up outside the zoo wall.  That should never happen in my opinion.  I've also noticed that it will pop up with "American Bison (or whatever animal) is not contained" when in actuality they are contained.  Oh well.....at least we got a great expansion, despite a few annoyances.

EDIT - I guess the animals escaping and my comment about the animals not being contained is already being discussed in Honor's thread.  Sorry!   :blush

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Cat Climber
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 08:54:18 AM »
I don't know that the breeding center does anything, even though it costs $10,000.  I've also found that they didn't fix many of the buildings that "teleport" you when you approach the side.  This is a problem with all the small bathrooms and Large stables.  

I was looking around the uncompressed files trying to find something that would indicate the removal of the animal reproducing problem.  As much as I like the new animals, having to buy at least 3 animals to sustain a species is a little annoying.  If anyone knows what file to change, or if it's a line within each animal's file, i could do my best to hack all of them.

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
Cat Climber
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 03:15:24 PM »
I think the breeding centre lets you make conservation areas. And as for the walk throught things , on mine they don't guests walk around objects and same for animals. Every so often an animal walk through a tree.

Offline AdamfromCanada

• Pooper Scooper
Cat Climber
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 04:12:58 PM »
Originally posted by dinwrest@Oct 26 2005, 10:15 PM
I think the breeding centre lets you make conservation areas. And as for the walk throught things , on mine they don't guests walk around objects and same for animals. Every so often an animal walk through a tree.
Nope.  I've got the conservation center.  All it seems to do is count the number of endangered births.  There's not really any more difficulty breeding the animals.  I actually wish there was, and that the animals lived more reasonable life spans.  I hate replacing all my flamingos every 8-12 months because they'll have a rash of male births, and the population will quickly dwindle to zero.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Cat Climber
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 05:42:36 PM »
y'all keep talking about the "Cat Climber" :blink  and the Breeding Center. I know what the Breeding Center is (although have no clue how you get it) :blush , but have NO idea what that "Cat Climber" is! Can anyone tell me? (and how you get it??) :erm

Offline missy

• Pooper Scooper
Cat Climber
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 08:38:14 PM »
You have to win the three photo campaigns to win the cat climber.

How do you win the endangered theme objects through the challenges?   I am not sure how to win just endangered ones.

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Cat Climber
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 11:08:08 AM »
Originally posted by missy@Oct 26 2005, 09:38 PM
You have to win the three photo campaigns to win the cat climber.

How do you win the endangered theme objects through the challenges?   I am not sure how to win just endangered ones.
Have to complete two new Endangered Species challenges in challenge mode. I find animals to walk through eachother, which is annoying.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Cat Climber
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 06:18:02 PM »
Okay, maybe I'm just plain stupid... :huh, but I've completed all the stuff to get all the 'Endangered Species' items. I've completed SEVEN photo challenges, and SIX other challenges  :( and still no cat climber!!!  :angry What the blazes is wrong????
Do I have to do all this again in a separate game?? :blink

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
Cat Climber
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 06:26:32 PM »
The Cat Climber is unlocked by completing a certain campaign game..I forget what it's called.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Cat Climber
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 08:13:24 AM »
Originally posted by Bengal@Oct 30 2005, 10:26 PM
The Cat Climber is unlocked by completing a certain campaign game..I forget what it's called.
Okay, if that's the case, does ANYONE know which is the 'right' one to do??? :8  As I said, I've got all the Endangered Species stuff and really want that cat climber! ;)

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Cat Climber
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 09:39:35 AM »
It is the middle set of campaigns.

I forget what it's called, but there are three new sets of campaigns you get from getting the ES.  Each set requires you finish the three sub campaigns to unlock an item.

The first set unlocks the fancy jeep tour door.
The second set unlocks the cat climber.
The third set unlocks the Endangered species center.

I don't actually remember what the three campaigns were called in the middle set, but I can look them up later if you need me to, but I am fairly certain at least one of them was the "Cat Sanctuary" one.  I think that was the last of the three.

Fair warning, the cat climber is HUGE, unlike the one in ZT1!!!  :lol

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Cat Climber
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 10:04:58 AM »
Originally posted by Peacenote1@Oct 31 2005, 01:39 PM
It is the middle set of campaigns.
The second set unlocks the cat climber.
Fair warning, the cat climber is HUGE, unlike the one in ZT1!!!  :lol
Okay, I think I can probably find it now.  :happy Thanks.
But, what do you mean by 'huge'?? Physically (like in squares) :8  or in MB?? :( (I'm hoping you're talking squares...) :erm

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Cat Climber
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 10:08:26 AM »
Squares. It's HUGE.

Offline panda11

• Marine Biologist
    • http://www.frontiernet.net/~TrentonV/
Cat Climber
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 10:14:09 AM »
;) the conservation building increases the chance of having endangered species babies.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Cat Climber
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2005, 12:32:46 PM »
Originally posted by Tigeress_10@Oct 31 2005, 02:08 PM
Squares. It's HUGE.
hmmmm...  ;)  now I've GOTTA get it, just to see it!!! I haven't seen it yet. Anyone have any pictures?

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Cat Climber
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2005, 01:30:07 PM »
I'll try and take one soon.  I haven't actually used it yet, because I JUST unlocked it and when I tried to put it in my current cat exhibits there wasn't any room for it!   :lol

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Cat Climber
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 01:54:57 PM »
The Cat Climber would be awesome in a lion or cheetah exhibit. I think it is 5 x 6 squares. I have not used it either, way too big for my taste.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Cat Climber
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »
Y'all are drivng me crazy! I'm nuts to see what it looks like :blink  What is is used FOR? (And don't say climbing... :erm ) I mean, is it an enrichment object? And what are the cats supposed to do with it/on it? Is it like a big rock? Or a big scratching post?  :8
Obviously, this is driving me NUTS!! (not that I wasn't already...) ;)
Anyone got one that we can download yet??

Offline Otter Lord

• Scientist
    • http://www.geocities.com/matamata426/index.htm
Cat Climber
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 07:16:35 PM »
I'd really like to see what it looks like and see if its really worth getting 5 fame and buying a Florida Pather.
The three camapains are:

Transportation Campaign
Photo Campaign
Endangered Species Campaign

Offline Ratqueen

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.designvortex.com/gaming/petz/
Cat Climber
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 07:46:40 PM »
Originally posted by csleesburg@Oct 31 2005, 07:05 PM
Y'all are drivng me crazy! I'm nuts to see what it looks like :blink  What is is used FOR? (And don't say climbing... :erm ) I mean, is it an enrichment object? And what are the cats supposed to do with it/on it? Is it like a big rock? Or a big scratching post?  :8
It's a very large rock in the shape of a cat laying down. In the front, felines can use the mouth of the rock cat as a cave, it seems -- I've had many of my cats go in and lay there as if they were in a cave (I don't think it counts as a shelter replacement though.) The back of the cat climber is made of several large rock slates, like steps, which the cats can climb onto.

It's a neat object, but it's WAY too large! I probably won't use it often.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Cat Climber
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2005, 08:32:33 PM »
Originally posted by Ratqueen@Oct 31 2005, 11:46 PM
It's a very large rock in the shape of a cat laying down. In the front, felines can use the mouth of the rock cat as a cave, it seems -- I've had many of my cats go in and lay there as if they were in a cave (I don't think it counts as a shelter replacement though.) The back of the cat climber is made of several large rock slates, like steps, which the cats can climb onto. It's a neat object, but it's WAY too large! I probably won't use it often.
OH!  :shocked  Thank you SO much for explaining it to me! I totally agree - it sounds neat, but I'm not about to go through all that to get it, either. If someone gets it and puts it up, fine; but at that size, I'm with you - I probably wouldn't use it either.
Okay, I'm now satisfied (and quiet...) ;)

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Cat Climber
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2005, 05:46:45 AM »
Theres also some scrating posts on the sides. But I agree that its pretty big.. but I still like it!  :)

Offline Ramin_Raptor

• Zookeeper
Cat Climber
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2005, 03:43:25 PM »
well im going to earn right now if have beat the first mission and on to the next.