Author Topic: Endangered Speices Scenario  (Read 4402 times)

Offline otusasio451

• Zookeeper
Endangered Speices Scenario
« on: November 30, 2005, 02:33:02 PM »
This scenario isn't that bad. It IS hard, though, because you have to build a 5-star zoo with ONLY endangered and critically species. My trick is that I put in caribou and musk ox on a mixed exhibit. Then, I release them once I get to three stars, so I can put a Preswalski's Wild Horse in there. If there are babies (which there will be), I first release the adults, then put the babies up for adoption. When I was getting ready to release my musk ox, one of my females was JUST ABOUT to give birth. So, I paused the game, and released her just in time. Maybe that's mean, but at least she can have a baby in the wild.  :happy  I haven't finished, but I'm almost there. The first endangered species you get is the scimitar-horned oryx, but before that, make sure you get everything amenity you can into the zoo. It also helps if you use the money cheat, which I did. But to raise fame to one star (which is when you get the oryx), you should put the caribou and musk ox in, like I said before, but you should also put in some free-roaming peacocks. The biome of the zoo is temerate forest, so it's perfect. Just scatter food everywhere, then let them roam. And it works!   :D What did you guys think of it?

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 03:51:42 PM »
You put the P. Wild Horse in with the Musk Ox and Caribou??? Did that work? I haven't tried that combo yet. I did try the horse in an Alpine exhibit and it didn't like it (although in nature, they live in the Siberian desert on the Tundra). I'll have to try them that way, if you say yours worked there...? :erm

Offline otusasio451

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 04:00:15 PM »
Sorry, that's not what I meant.  :blush What I did was evacuate all the Musk Ox and Caribou FIRST, then I put Grassland Biome into the exhibit, THEN put the horses in. Just to let you know, by the way, there are no endangered animals for the tundra biome.

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 04:00:45 PM »
I've never done that before, maybe I should try that

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 04:04:12 PM »
I haven't played the scenario yet, but it sounds hard. I like to try to beat it without cheats which I do. I came up with a strategy but I'm not sure if it works. It's like this...
First, you adopt a dromedary camel, wheeeeee not endangered. But when you get enough zoo fame, release the camel to the wild and replace them with scimitar horned oryx. You can do the same with these animals!

-Peafowl>Giant Panda, Red Panda, Spanish Lynx, (Asian Black Bear?)
-Gazelle>Sable Antelope, Wild Dog, African Elephant
-Bison>Wild Horse
Etc.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 04:13:15 PM »
VERY good strategy, Kiwibudy! :happy I do the same, anticipating what will become available and pre-creating that biome.

Offline TapirLover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 05:32:17 PM »
its really hard though, i never tried that strategy

Offline otusasio451

• Zookeeper
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 05:34:41 PM »
STILL, if you have too many non-endangered animals, you may have a hard time releasing them.

Offline ky300

• Zookeeper
  • I got the master plan!
    • http://www.geocities.com/pocketc/kylescoolpage.html?1134233265890
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 07:24:09 AM »
Yeah it might be ok but I wanted the breeding center so I used the hack and sent four animals allready there into the wild.
The only reason I did this is because the other scenarios to get there are just plain borring. At least now I can create it on my own :erm  :)

Offline meowpurr777

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 11:42:20 AM »
I had no problem (no money cheat cause I didn't know about it yet, lol) I just replaced animals as needed to replace with an ES (I think I had gotten rid of any birds I had way before I got to 5 stars) then the instant I got to 5 stars I paused the game and released everything not ES, unpaused and won instantly.

Offline otusasio451

• Zookeeper
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 03:40:09 PM »
I FINALLY finished!!!!! It wasn't that bad, surprisingly! The conservation breeding center is great, but it costs $10,000. It's worth it, though. By the way, they give you a grizzly bear halfway in, and at 4 and 1/2 stars, they give you a florida panther!!! That means you SHOULD have every endangered animal in the game in your zoo. I did, and it was cool seeing them all at once!

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 05:33:04 PM »
Since releasing animals to the wild raises zoo fame. A good idea is to release animals that breed fast. I suggest ibex and kangaroos. They breed like crazy!!! :crazy

Offline ky300

• Zookeeper
  • I got the master plan!
    • http://www.geocities.com/pocketc/kylescoolpage.html?1134233265890
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 06:51:21 PM »
Originally posted by kiwibuddy@Dec 9 2005, 07:33 PM
Since releasing animals to the wild raises zoo fame. A good idea is to release animals that breed fast. I suggest ibex and kangaroos. They breed like crazy!!! :crazy
like he said... IBEXES

Offline otusasio451

• Zookeeper
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 08:11:13 AM »
I put free-roaming peacocks and koalas in my zoo, too. The koalas didn't work, but the peacocks did. I had to set them free to win the scenario, but it does help the fame level. :) And although ibex and kangaroos are good, BOTH are not endangered, and if the breed quicly, that may mean you'll have a lot of babies in the end, which you CAN'T release. You can put them up for adoption, but I DON'T like doing that.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 08:48:59 AM »
How I got around that was to release the babies as soon as they were grown, then, near the end, simply release all the FEMALES, even if pregnant, so I wouldn't have to deal with more babies. That works, too. :happy

Offline smile6laugh

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 04:53:25 PM »
I am on this senario right now! I did the same things y'all did, like stragegizing the exhibit biomes and the free-roaming peafowl. But also to preserve money (I didn't know about the money cheat) I used the cliff tool to make walls so I didn't have to make a whole pen out of fencing, only a wall. It also makes the exhibits prettier (I made a waterfall in each exhibit out of the cliffs since I was waiting for my star rating to go up). I released alot of animals already to make room for my endangered speices. I didn't put many of them up for adoption - I don't like to do that either! I am at 4 stars right now. Does it help to get the tour guides, or is it a waste of money?

Offline belleh

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 05:43:54 PM »
how do you do the money cheat?

Offline kryten

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 05:44:29 PM »
When you say Tour Guides, do you mean the Educators?

If so then yes, I think they are worth the money.  They add to the amount of cash donated for "educational donations".  Educational exhibits also improve zoo fame, which is, as Swedish Power-Pop combo ABBA call it, "The Name Of The Game"  :lol

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2005, 07:16:19 PM »
Originally posted by belleh@Dec 14 2005, 08:43 PM
how do you do the money cheat?
Well, you 'do' it by putting your cursor over the money amount when you first start the game (any game), then put something heavy on your UP arrow key (no, I'm NOT kidding) :rolleyes  and walk away for at least 20-30 minutes. When you take the object off and start the game, you'll have a tremendous amount of money to work with. Almost all of us do it now that we found out about it. I forget who originally 'discovered' it, though.
Sorry 'whoever' :blush

Offline kryten

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 04:05:35 AM »
Originally posted by csleesburg+Dec 14 2005, 10:16 PM-->
QUOTE (csleesburg @ Dec 14 2005, 10:16 PM)
\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
<' + '/div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t