Author Topic: Mysterious Panda  (Read 17431 times)

Offline Nepenthe

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Mysterious Panda
« on: January 23, 2005, 07:42:15 AM »
I finally got all the way through Mysterious Panda.  And then, as soon as Li Ming has her baby, the game crashes! :angry:

I have my game saved on the day before she gives birth.  I've tried that final bit several times, on different days.  The game crashes every single time, at exactly that same point. (The point where you expect the "You Have Won" message to come up.)

I've never had any other trouble with ZT2 crashing, so I'm wondering if this is scenario-related.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Anyone gotten past this point?

tigerzoo

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 10:38:39 AM »
B) I've gotten past this point.  As soon as the baby was born, I got the questions do you want to continue playing the game. Though I've had problems with the game crashing at other points in the game. Usually when I've been changing views (zooming, guest mode)

Offline Wdnesday

• Pooper Scooper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 04:36:22 PM »
I had the same problem. I contacted MS over it and we eventually determined that my file was corrupted and I had to start over. I won after that.

Offline Nepenthe

• Pooper Scooper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 08:38:48 AM »
Ugh.
Corrupt file.  Start over.
How tedious.
I was hoping that wasn't going to be the answer.

At least it is good to hear that it all worked for you the second time.

owlcage

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 06:22:15 PM »
As I mentioned in my other thread I've now played Second Generation Animals THREE times with no win...the third time was after contacting Microsoft. How frustrating that there are bugs that prevent the completion of a scenario. Reinstalling the game and starting the scenario over didn't work for me; hope the MS guy has another idea. I'm leery about starting Mysterious Panda -- even if I do ever manage to unlock it -- for this exact reason.

Offline Corvidae

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 09:02:38 PM »
I've had trouble on this scenario too, but no problems on any other.  Do we have to play for a while with 5 stars before we obtain pandas? I've reached the 5 star mark..no pandas..thought maybe if I keep playing for a bit I'll get pandas....after 6 months with 5 stars still no pandas. I'm just playing the level again and reached the 5 stars..no pandas.

Help!

Offline Nepenthe

• Pooper Scooper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 10:58:17 AM »
And you may have to decline quite a few animals before Panda comes up.

Meanwhile, save up your money.  Once your zoo is up to 5 stars, you won't need to buy many zoo improvements or new animals.  The male panda you have to buy costs $50,000.  As slow as it seemed getting Panda on my adoption list, it still took me several more months before I could afford him.

Offline Corvidae

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 12:43:41 PM »
Ahhh ok. I kept declining animals but the panda didn't come up. Guess I'll have to keep going.

Thanks guys !

:)

Offline WhitePanda

• Zookeeper
    • http://whitepanda.tk
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 06:40:52 PM »
I finally got all the way through Mysterious Panda. And then, as soon as Li Ming has her baby, the game crashes!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!

That's the WORST thing that could happen! I remember how relieved I was when I won it. Remember to save regularly!

owlcage

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 11:07:20 AM »
I read a tip somewhere that instead of constantly doing the animal lottery, you should save when you have all the animals available for adoption. Decline them all, and if the animal you want doesn't show up, load the game and try again.

I guess it's a bit of a cheat but it should help if you don't want to have to wait for the animals to load before declining them again, since your zoo may slide back to 4 1/2 stars.

Good luck! I'm just about to start this scenario (FINALLY!) myself...

Offline WhitePanda

• Zookeeper
    • http://whitepanda.tk
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 12:12:23 PM »
What I usually do is purchase them, but instead of just adopting them I put them in empty space you might have (like large grassy field). Then release them into the wild! It increases your zoo fame under animal releases and also goals if you release 1, 10 or 25 of them :D

owlcage

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 07:01:23 PM »
That's a really good tip if you have the money. If I do when I get to that stage, I will try it.

owlcage

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 03:48:09 PM »
So I've played up to 5 stars, quickly saved and went through the aminal lottery, and the panda is available even though I've slipped back to 4 1/2 stars. (I know this happens and you just have to keep tweaking to keep it at 5.) My problem is I have no money. In the second-generation scenario I was SWIMMING in money and had nothing to do with it, and now that I need the money I can't seem to make a buck! Figures.

All my buildings are are moderate in price and I believe my entrance fee is also at moderate. (I had them at "low" and "free" to encourage donations but I can't afford that anymore). I have donation boxes everywhere. I'm maxed out on everything except entertaining animals (close) and educational exhibits (REALLY close).

What can I do to get the bucks to roll in so I can get my panda? I'd fire all my zookeepers but I'm running ragged taking care of exhibits on my own as it is.

Offline mo_uk

• Pooper Scooper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 04:18:07 PM »
So after hours and hours of playing, I have finally bought a panda, but he is lonely, so how do I get the female one, she seems to cost $50,000 too.  Is there anyone else who will give him companionship until I can afford her?  

Can anyone help with suggestions, please!!!!!!!!

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2005, 05:22:23 PM »
you could try selling things that you dont need, make paths smaller, if you use pits, you can bulldoze some of the fences, try putting paths 1 square away and only a couple up next to the exhibit, and only put fences where the path is.  it probably wont make a whole lot of difference, and i have money problems too.  i just build it up real slowly and try not to spend too much on my guests.  you could also use cheaper animal food
example: some animals will eat hay or grass.  instead of placing hay, place grass.  also just use regular piles (not food dishes/troughs, they are more expensive)  and dont place water dishes/troughs, just put a small circle of shallow water from the biome they live in.  even if they dont swim, they dont usually get stuck

p.s.  you probably had so much money in the second-generation zoo because you didnt have to adopt animals

owlcage

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2005, 05:41:22 PM »
Well, right now the zoo is set up, I have all the species and animals I need, it just seems to be making money VERRRRY slowly. The other scenario, the money simply poured in. I'm sure razing a few paths and so forth would gain a few dollars, but I'm not going to make the $40,000 I need that way at this point. I definitely can't get rid of zookeepers because now I'm sliding back to four stars with dirty exhibits. Sheesh.  :rolleyes:

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 06:56:23 PM »
As there is already a topic on this scenario, I am merging.  Thanks.

Offline Wdnesday

• Pooper Scooper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2005, 10:05:02 PM »
Originally posted by mo_uk@Jan 28 2005, 06:18 PM
So after hours and hours of playing, I have finally bought a panda, but he is lonely, so how do I get the female one, she seems to cost $50,000 too.  Is there anyone else who will give him companionship until I can afford her?  

Can anyone help with suggestions, please!!!!!!!!
Check your animal list. They don't announce that they donated the panda. Her name is Li Ming (I think) and you'll find her near the front gates.

Offline mo_uk

• Pooper Scooper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2005, 02:15:34 AM »
Originally posted by Wdnesday+Jan 29 2005, 12:05 AM-->
QUOTE (Wdnesday @ Jan 29 2005, 12:05 AM)
\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
<' + '/div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t