Author Topic: Mysterious Panda  (Read 17432 times)

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2005, 03:35:03 PM »
You should probably try the educator podiums.  My suggestion is to make a observation area for everything you have, including binocular stands, donation boxes, educators.

You also said entertaining animals was only at 75.  As I said before, make sure there is lots for them to do.  You should try to have at least two of each species, and LOTS of enrichment, because it is more entertaining to see them play or interact with each other then to just lay there and walk around.

crayzee3

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2005, 04:55:51 PM »
I seem to be having this exact same problem. I'm at 4 and a half stars. Everything is 100 % except educational habitats and entertaining animals. I pretty much have several of everything (thanx to non stop breeding) except a grizzly and a mountain gorilla. Every animal I have has tons of their recommended enrichment objects. I have tons of podiums and educators and zoo keepers are organized and assigned to keep things clean. I have every animal matching it's biome. The only thing I can think of for the education is the advice that was given, which was to basically screw the recommendations and look at the animals continent. Do we have to do research to figure out more about the animal or is there info within the game I'm missing because I look through the zoopedia all the time and there's no continent/plant specific info that I can find. This all seems a bit much for half a friggen star! HALF! It's getting frustrating. Maybe I'm putting too many of the recommended plants in because I click the animal, go to recommendations and put several of the recommended plants and rocks in. AT LEAST one of each.  And can animals use enrichment objects that weren't recommended for them? I'm not really sure what else to do besides get another gorilla and grizzly. Help would be appretiated! Thanx in advance.

Teri

PS~Can the educator podiums be inside the animal fence? I found the podiums to take up too much space on the path but the fit perfectly right inside and if you put a bench directly on the other side ppl can sit, listen, and watch. Maybe my problem is is that they can't be inside the cages....

Offline Rotipher

• Pooper Scooper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2005, 01:49:11 PM »
Go to the scenery menu's plant displays, and click on a tree or shrub you're curious about.  A window should open that gives the price, biome, and geographic origin of the plant.  You should also see the same window appear if you click on one of the plants in the zookeeper's recommendation list, so you can quickly check the plants a given animal's recommendations allow, to see which ones are from the right continent.

The savannah, alpine, desert, or boreal forest animals like all the plants from their recommendation lists, as those biomes consist (so far) of just one continent and/or just one animal.  For other habitats, you have to pick and choose; for instance, one tree and one shrub from the Scrub is for gemsboks, while the other tree and shrub are for kangaroos.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2005, 02:19:35 PM »
Okay, for the plants:  as everyone said, only use plants from the animals biome and where it lives
example: giant panda
biome: temperate forest

use plants that are temperate forest AND from china, like fountain or water bamboo, NOT the other plants from North america

I also had specific viewing areas that went right into the exhibits so the guests could view them close up.  I had 4 1/2 for a while, it would finally top 5, i would cancel animals like mad, not get the panda, and it would continue but i just worked at it and it came

kiwiactrss

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2005, 08:08:40 PM »
:huh: I also have this problem - my latest zoo is 5 stars and everything is at 100% except for educational exhibits which seems to be sitting at around 55% - so it seems it is not necessary to have it full to reach 5 stars??

ZT Fan

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2005, 10:15:11 AM »
Wow, I never thought about the plants when I completed this scenario. I was having the same problem with only having 4 1/2 stars. But then I added about 4 gazebo's and reached the five stars. But I didn't check to see if it raised the education level or not.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2005, 02:18:51 PM »
Originally posted by kiwiactrss@Mar 9 2005, 09:08 PM
:huh: I also have this problem - my latest zoo is 5 stars and everything is at 100% except for educational exhibits which seems to be sitting at around 55% - so it seems it is not necessary to have it full to reach 5 stars??
No, you just have to have so much filled up I think ;)   Because in campain games it is impossible to get any sort of 'goals' fame, and i have gotten many a five star zoo with not everything filled up.

babysavr

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2005, 02:27:08 PM »
This one is REALLY ticking me off!!  

I have done everything you all have suggested, even restarted the game a second time to plan better. I run into the same problems. My peeps are usually about 90% happy (someone always gripes!), my animals are about 90% happy (as long as I keep up on it).   I just can't get the educational level up about about 50 - 60%. I checked all the trees, locked my zookeepers in, added every toy and food item on the list, etc. I can never get an animal to turn green on their exhibit happiness.  I've tried adding and subtracting plants and stuff, but nothing. Is there any way to know how they want things? How big the exhibit needs to be to be perfect? How much water or hills or cliffs they need? I literally have two educator podiums at each exhibit and about 15 educators. I just don't know what else to do!!!!!  Sob Sob

samemo

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2005, 02:31:28 PM »
Originally posted by babysavr@Mar 26 2005, 04:27 PM
I can never get an animal to turn green on their exhibit happiness.
you dont want it green you want it empty, the higher it gets the badder the exhibit

babysavr

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2005, 04:22:31 PM »
OK, I am confused then. I thought that getting any of the boxes (hunger, thirst, family, stimulation, habitat, etc.) to turn green meant that they were REALLY satisfied in that particular area. Are you saying that it is true for all the boxes EXCEPT habitat? Isn't it also a goal to get the guest boxes to turn green? Green being the antithesis of red?

samemo

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2005, 04:45:17 PM »
on animals the only thing you want green is pregnent and when they are about to give birth it turns red i dont kno about guests

babysavr

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2005, 05:07:39 PM »
Thank you for your help in this, samemo.

So..... green (as I just read in another thread) DOES NOT mean that the animal is especially pleased and filled up in that area, but is a precursor to turning yellow then red.... correct?   So, if I see, for example, stimulation or privacy, turning green it means I need to look for a problem. Hmm.... interesting. Can the animals be OVER stimulated from too many toys or too many food items or shelters? I keep adding toys, etc. in an effort to increase my educational level but perhaps I have overdone it.  

Guess I'll try taking away next and see if I can ever get the elusive panda and finish this freaking scenario!!! :angry

samemo

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2005, 05:11:17 PM »
hmm good question i dont kno maby they get tired when they are over stimulated?

kiwiactrss

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2005, 10:47:41 PM »
mmm interesting - i think in ZT1 it used to say "xxx does not have time to use so many toys" (or something like that), possibly same in this - I moved some of my things out of the chimp area as I had too many toys and they seemed happier.....  not sure if that will help but just a thought

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2005, 04:43:40 PM »
I never use large toys and shelters in small exhibets because the animals will not get enough energy.  I never thought about matching animals with the correct foliage.  It never seemed to bother them.  For educational exhibets...Im not sure if this helps but I always hide the toys and food dishes that aren't found in the wild (toy balls, troughs, food dishes) behind something like a shelter where the guests can't see them.  I leave natural looking things like bones and piles of meat in the open.  Can't garuntee that helps.

Offline Sypke

• Copa Cabana
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • http://
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2005, 10:56:10 PM »
Originally posted by samemo@Mar 27 2005, 01:45 AM
on animals the only thing you want green is pregnent and when they are about to give birth it turns red i dont kno about guests
Hey Samemo, this is right when the animal is pregnant. The green indicates she IS pregnant, when it turns into red she's about to deliver.
But for the other boxes, the green indicates the level of satisfaction. the higher the level, the more satisfaction. Only when it's empty, it can turn ornage and then later red...

Polaris

Mysterious Panda
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2005, 01:32:37 AM »
From what I've understood, what you want for food, happiness etc is an emtpy box. First it gets green, the animal is not fully content but it's not too bad yet. Then it turns yellow. This means the animal is bothered by something and will attempt to fix the condition (eg eat, sleep, play with a toy etc). If it turns read, the animal has not been able to satisfy the need and the situation is critical. I think one of the early help scenarios explained it :)

Edit: Of course, the exception is the birth thing, as explained above by Sypke :)

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Cool Cat
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2005, 09:38:23 AM »
Hi, can anyone help with this, please?

My mum is working through the challenges and is now doing the Mysterious Panda. She has tried it a couple of times, but now when she tries to load the game, the whole thing crashes.  She thinks it may be a problem with her graphics card (a Radeon 9200), but isn't sure. The only other thing we think might be a factor is that she didn't complete one of the previous challenges, where you have to get 4 Asian animals in a year (I don't know the name of it, cos I haven't done it yet!). I don't know if this would affect anything, but I'm not sure....

Does anyone have any ideas, please? :erm

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2005, 10:39:01 AM »
Actually, this happens to everyone. The Mysterious Panda scenario is bugged.  :(

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Cool Cat
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2005, 10:41:20 AM »
So there's nothing she can do? :angry
Oh well, thanks for the info, Xtreme.

Offline Flame_tiger5

• Zookeeper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2005, 01:42:38 PM »
I have have finished and here is advice once you have the pandas NEVER LEAVE THE PANDAS

Offline karlhall39

• Zookeeper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2005, 01:48:54 PM »
what does that mean you keep the screen on the pandas?

Offline Flame_tiger5

• Zookeeper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2005, 01:51:22 PM »
Yes just ignore everything but the Pandas

Offline karlhall39

• Zookeeper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2005, 02:01:01 PM »
ohhh ok ill try that when im on ZT2

Offline lionzrfluffballz

• Pooper Scooper
Mysterious Panda
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2005, 06:35:14 AM »
I'v been doing the mysterious panda scenario 4 ages and i still cant get a five star zoo, im on year 4 almost year 5 and the highest star rating i hav had is 4.5. Do u have any tips 2 help me get a 5 star rating. i hav all the different biomes and nearly every animal, and my guest happiness is the highest u can get it. i hav had no trouble getting 5 stars in my other zoos any tips?? (all my animals r in mixed exhibets)