Author Topic: Sorry, But I Need Help Using A Download  (Read 1391 times)

Offline erinllama

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Sorry, But I Need Help Using A Download
« on: January 06, 2006, 01:25:28 AM »
I know you probably get thousands of these, but where do I put the downloads?! First I installed zoo tycoon 2,  and went on their official site and got the patch and downloaded all the avavailble things, I've read the readmes for animals, but I have no downloads folder, and I have no idea what to do, they dont go into enough detail for me. Please can you help me, thank you soooo much!  :cool  I promise not to be a bother

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 01:41:34 AM »
Maybe you will find an answer if you read through this topic and there are many more topics on download issues in the Download Support Section.

Hope this helps

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 04:59:11 AM »
Howdy erinllama! It's very nice to meet you, and a question from a Newbie is NEVER a bother - we've all 'been there'!

Well, in case you didn't find what you were looking for - some of us have that problem and the solution (just applies to ZT2 and ZT2 ES) seems to be:

1) after unzipping (you will need WinZip) the files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
2) inside that folder, you'll see another folder, created by the MAKER (e.g. exitree, penguinman, martin1990)
3) inside THAT folder will be yet ANOTHER folder (e.g. arctic fox), plus a .dl file also called arctic fox
4) cut the zoo tycoon 2 file (inside that 2nd folder) and paste it next to the arctic fox .dl file
5) Now you have two files side by side, both named arctic fox
6) then, take both THOSE files (artic fox.dl and arctic fox.zoo tycoon 2) and CUT and PASTE them into
7) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
8) This virtually always fixes the problem

Some computers are configured differently, and some won't 'recognize' those individual folders. Mine, for instance, won't. I always have to do the above to get my downloads to work. Hope that helps! :happy

Offline tiger_lover

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Sorry, But I Need Help Using A Download
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 01:33:06 AM »

4) cut the zoo tycoon 2 file (inside that 2nd folder) and paste it next to the arctic fox .dl file

i need some help to but I dont understand^^^ :eggblush :wavecry:

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 03:19:34 AM »
When installing user made downloads, what csleesburg is saying that you need to open up the zip files and go through all the files included and remove the file ending in .z2f and the .dl files from the zip file, and copy paste them into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2.

Offline tiger_lover

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:34:58 AM »
oh, ok  :ty1: alot :clap:

Offline lhethro

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 10:15:41 AM »
the file i place my downloads in is C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\microsoft games\zoo tycoon 2\downloads this always works once the zipped file is placed there unzip it (extract here on right click) and do what the others said above
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 10:19:50 AM by lhethro »