Author Topic: Installing Zt2 And Zt2 Es Downloads  (Read 3204 times)

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Installing Zt2 And Zt2 Es Downloads
« on: February 02, 2006, 01:01:38 AM »
Some of you have had a problem with knowing where/how to download user-made things for ZT2 and ZT2 ES, so we've decided to pin this topic to make it easy for y'all to find and follow. This just applies to ZT2 and ZT2 ES:

Before beginning, it is absolute that you have one of the UNZIPPING programs. Most of us use WinZip, available free many places on the net and/or WinRar, also free. (WinZip does cost, but after the trial runs out all it does it give you 'nag' screens).

1) [/b] unzip the files (using the extract function) to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
2) [/b] inside that folder, you'll see another folder, created by the MAKER (e.g. exitree, penguinman, martin1990)
3) [/b] inside THAT folder will be yet ANOTHER folder (e.g. arctic fox), plus a .dl file also called arctic fox
4) [/b] cut the zoo tycoon 2 file (inside that 2nd folder) and paste it next to the arctic fox .dl file
5) [/b] Now you have two files side by side, both named arctic fox. They will be arctic fox .dl and arctic fox.zoo tycoon file (or z2f)
6) [/b] then, take both THOSE files (artic fox.dl and arctic fox.zoo tycoon 2) and CUT and PASTE them into
7) [/b] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
8) [/b] This virtually always fixes the problem of downloads not 'appering' in the game.

Some computers are configured differently, and some won't 'recognize' those individual folders. Mine, for instance, won't. I always have to do the above to get my downloads to work. Hope this helps y'all. :original:

Note From Yellowrose

I have closed this topic to comments to keep the instructions above clear for everyone to read and follow. You can find the discussion topic for this HERE and HERE
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 01:57:50 PM by csleesburg »