Author Topic: Submitting Downloads  (Read 1766 times)

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Submitting Downloads
« on: April 27, 2006, 09:25:35 AM »
We are having a problem at the moment with our downloads database. This is due to the number of corrupted files that are in it (submitted by people who do not read the submission rules and submit files with special characters like / \ & * in the filename). This means that at the moment until we repair the database and delete all these files (which means we have to downlaod every file clear the corrupted ones delete the database and then reuplod the uncorrupted files) we cannot accept any new submissions. Any new submissions will now be automatically deleted until the database is reapired and new software installed (which might be a while). Any complaints then pm me and i will give you the names of the people who have not read the submissions rules and uploaded the files and corrupted the database and then you can complain to them.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Submitting Downloads
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:58:18 PM »
We are going to try the database again but please take note of the submisison rules and DO NOT SUBMIT FILES WITH SPECIAL CHARACTERS SUCH AS / \ & * IN THE FILENAME - ANYONE DOING SO WILL HAVE THEIR WARNING LEVEL INCREASED.
also when you submit a file please pm the appropriate admin (myself for zt2 submissions bielski for zt1 submissions) to let us know you have submitted something so that we can check that it has made it onto the database.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Submitting Downloads
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:14:55 AM »
ah well the database problem was not fixed so once again NO MORE DOWNLOADS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Submitting Downloads
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 03:44:22 AM »
I now have Marine Mania 2. From now on all downlaods will be tested with it installed therfore if you do not have MM2 please pm me first as there may be compatability issues.

Also we will not be accepting any more downlaods for zt2 for 1 week to allow me time to actaully play the game myself without the hastle of having to test. Please be considerate and respect this.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Submitting Downloads
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 12:40:29 PM »
Ok (what am i letting myself in for ROFL) as i have now done the unlocks for the MM2 with differnt EP's installed i now have all the games back on my computer.  So you can now upload your stuff again BUT PLEASE BE NICE i dodnt want 5 or 6 downlaods from the same person all at once.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Submitting Downloads
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 11:09:25 PM »
[modnotice=RedNotDead] Theft of another creators work.  This will not be tolerated at ZA and it seems to be on the increase.  The REAL creators spend a lot of time and energy to make stuff for people and others come along and steal thier work and try to pass it off as their own creation with no credit or permsion to the original creator.  We take a very strong view of this and people caught doing this will be banned from the site.  It is not acceptable to steal the creators work then when you get caught THEN ASK them for permission.  You need to get permission before you start work.[/modnotice]

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Submitting Downloads
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 04:30:13 AM »
Just an added note here the permission has to be in the form of an email or PM at this site so it can be forwarded to an admin if it is requested to be seen.

Most designs especially for ZT 2 take hours of coding and image manipulation to complete. Try putting your self in a designers shoes and ask yourself how you would feel if something you worked hours on was submitted by someone else claiming it to be their work when it was really yours.

The designers as well as the members who download the files hosted here take pride it what gets accomplished. Please do not disrespect your fellow members or the designers with the theft of their work.