Author Topic: Zoo Tycoon Unleashed  (Read 24746 times)

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2005, 02:47:32 PM »
Does anybody know when Zoo Tycoon Unleashed will open back up? I still have it in my Favorite Places,but it keeps telling me "Cannot Find Server" . I've gone on Microsoft's site and clicked on Zoo Tycoon Unlimited USA and it said to look for a new site before November.

KTesch

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2005, 03:44:07 PM »
Here's a direct link to Zoo Tycoon Unleashed (formerly Zoo Tycoon Unlimited)

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2005, 01:02:34 PM »
Genkicoll,

It must be down for Maintenance or something, as the link you gave me gave the same error message as the link in my Favorite Places. I'll just have to keep checking back every day or every so often.

Thanks.

KTesch

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2005, 02:11:09 PM »
Links works fine with me.....

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2005, 02:18:12 PM »
Bielski,

They work for you? I've posted at least two or three times and people have given me links, but they all say the same thing. "Cannot Find Server" at the top, and "this Page Cannot Be Displayed" or something to that effect on the main body of the page. Same for if I go to the Fansites page on the Main Zoo Tycoon site and hit Zoo Tycoon Unlimited, but when I hit Zoo Tycoon Unlimited USA, it comes up with a page that says that the site is undergoing construction and to look for a new site before November.

KTesch

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2005, 02:26:51 PM »
Try to copy and paste this into your webbrowser:

http://zoxaeus.com/ZTForums/index.php?

Maybe that'll work

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2005, 02:35:19 PM »
Bielski,

nope. Same error Message. And I just got off Microsoft.com's main page for Zoo Tycoon,Dinosaur Digs and Marine Mania. I went to the Fansites page where they have all the Zoo Tycoon Fansites listed. They have two for Zoo Tycoon Unleashed (formerly Zoo Tycoon Unlimited) one just says Zoo Tycoon Unlimited with the error message previously posted and the other one Zoo Tycoon Unlimited USA says they are reconstructing the website. So, I guess that means I just won't be able to get on it for awhile, but it'd be nice if they had a date that it will be finished on.  Thanks.

KTesch

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2005, 02:43:49 PM »
That's really strange :8 I've not had any problems, no matter what computer I use to access the site.  It doesn't bode well that you're having troubles, especially with all the fun that's planned for this weekend!

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2005, 08:52:43 AM »
Genkicoll,

I know. Everywhere I've tried I get the same error message except if I go on Microsoft's Zoo Tycoon Official site and hit Zoo Tycoon Unlimited USA. Don't ask me why they haven't changed it to Unleashed,  anyways, when I hit on that page it comes up, but says that the site is under constructionand to look for new stuff before November. I have Microsoft's site bookmarked. I'll just have to keep going back there and checking. I took the Zoo Tycoon Unleashed page out. I'm hoping someone from there will see these posts and let me know what's going on if anything.

KTesch

Offline genkicoll

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
  • Dragon Rider
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2005, 09:48:35 AM »
I've let the admin know about your problem, and here is the response:

"Should anybody learn of someone unable to access the forum please find out exactly what the error message is. Are they getting a "cannot find the site" or "DNS error" or accessing the site but getting fatal errors -- we have had multiple problems and have fixed all of the ones we have the ability to fix that we know of, but for some, the internet addressing system is not working, and, well, we need to know as much specific info as we can get! "

Anyone who is having difficulties accessing ZTUF, please PM me with this info and I will get it to admin for you.  In the meantime, try deleting all your cookies and try to access the site again.  It may or may not work, but it's something you can try while you wait for this to get fixed.

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2005, 10:20:02 AM »
Genkicoll,

Yeah, that's weird. I can't even access it from the Internet by typing in Zoo Tycoon Unleashed. I did Bookmark (from an old post on this topic) from the Main Microsoft Zoo Tycoon site) the Zoo Tycoon Around the World Ad on the Fansites page, which shows the same page as the Zoo Tycoon Unlimited USA, but I know they've since changed their name to Unleashed. Anyways, the error messages I've gotten have all been the same: At the top it says: "Cannot Find Server" the body of the text says "The Page Cannot Be Displayed", "The Page You are looking for may be experiencing technical difficulties".

KTesch

Offline PsychicZookeeper

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2005, 01:11:42 PM »
We have multiple members having intermittent problems accessing the site.  Some members have been in a skin that was not functioning properly after the software upgrade, some members have tried accessing us through the former website and were unsuccessful.

The correct link has been posted here by Bielski, Thanks!!, and is http://www.zoxaeus.com/ZTforums or the one Bielski posted, and leads to our newly-renamed forum Zoo Tycoon Unleashed.  (The forum name at the top of the page is all that changed -- not the address.)

The error that KTesch is describing is most frustrating since there is probably nothing we can do about it.  It probably says somewhere on the page "DNS Server error."  The forum site is up and running and active, I assure you of that.  It is very frustrating when, on the same computer, I can access the site via 56 kb dialup but not via 6 mb highspeed cable.

If you are having this problem, then please contact me via PM either here or at Tek and I will work with you to try to resolve this.

And for everyone else, please stop by this Sunday to enjoy our Unleashed Party, try your hand at a Speedy Design Contest (everyone gets one hour to build your best zoo!), or Chat in the Bingo Hall (go order your bingo cards now!), and check out all the wonderful new downloads.  We hope you take advantage of our new five minimum post download policy.  We will have lots of Chat topics and Games like Hangman and Articulate to help you reach those five posts quite easily!  :D  :cool

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2005, 01:39:32 PM »
Dear PsychicZookeeper,

Well then, I don't know what's going on. I typed in the address you posted (ie,) the same one that Bielski gave me and I get the same error message. I'm currently scanning my computer, but haven't found any viruses that might be causing the problem. I guess I just won't be able to come back, as my problems aren't intermittent as you've stated some poeple have had, they've been constant.

Thanks for trying though.

KTesch

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2005, 01:45:25 PM »
For what it's worth, I saw this post and thought I'd try to get to the site myself.  It doesn't work for me, either.  I get various error messages, including:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skin_global_11 in /home/zoxae32/public_html/ZTForums/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1407

and

Another error involving Apache but unfortunately the window I left open to paste the error I accidentally closed

and

The page cannot be found.

I tried both in IE and Firefox, no luck.

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2005, 01:49:18 PM »
Peacenote1,

Mine seems to be a DNS/Internet Explorer deal only as mine is always the same error and apparently there is no fix for it. Oh well.

KTesch

Offline PsychicZookeeper

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2005, 02:12:07 PM »
When I said that there is nothing "we" can do about it, the "we" referred to the forum admin.  There is a way to fix the "Page cannot be found, DNS Server error" which involves your internet service provider, which I will work with you via PM.  Intermittent includes those who are unable to access the site for a few minutes or hours as well as those who are unable to access the site for days or weeks.

Peacenote, that fatal error is a new one.  thanks for posting it, I'll see what can be done.

Offline PsychicZookeeper

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2005, 05:01:49 PM »
The "Fatal Error" occurred because Zoxaeus was upgrading the forum software.  It's all fixed now and she's working on our custom skin to coordinate it with the new software.  The site is absolutely buzzing with activity getting ready for the party.  New avatars, wallpapers and siggy banners are being posted right now!

Offline marlizdu

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2005, 08:03:32 PM »
With Autumn upon us, the animals decided to have one last fling before the winter snows set in, breaking their chains and becoming UNLEASHED! Guests, visitors, members, staff, BEWARE! Hold your children's hands and move to safety as the ANIMALS GO WILD!

And to celebrate this wild time, while the animals run free! WE'RE HAVING A PARTY!
We are staying inside where it’s safe and partying...and do we have reasons to party.
We have a new name and our forum is almost two years old, but you're getting all the gifts, so relax, stop by and enjoy all the goodies we have to share!

There are already several downloads released in the Benefactor and ZT1 Enhancement forums and Honorarius was caught licking his monitor! So get some plastic protectors for your equipment and towels to catch the drool, and come by this Sunday, 3 am to 6 pm Eastern US/Canada time!

Check out all the fun contests going on!

ZT1 Animals Unleashed on the guests  here

ZT1 Screenshot contest- Zoo Building Unleashed here

ZT2 Unleash Your Wild Side here

ZT2 Photo Contest-Animals go Wild here

Unleashed Speedy Design Zoos here

Offline marlizdu

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2005, 09:35:06 AM »
We’re Partying Today!!!!  Come Join The Fun!!!!!![/SIZE]

November 6, 2005 from 3 AM - 6 PM Eastern US & Canada Time, GMT -5 hours

*ZT2 Screenshot Contest -- Animals Go Wild, Winner chosen by poll voting open during the party today, so come by and vote!HERE

*ZT1 Screenshot Contest -- Zoo Building Unleashed-Anything Goes!, Winner chosen by poll voting open during the party today so come by and vote!HERE

*Speedy Design Contests -- held throughout the day. We have had two already with some great exhibits and great prizes.  These were so, so much fun at ATW2 and our wonderful Marlizdu will be hosting these for the Unleashed Party! For more info, check here Speed Design ZooHERE

*Speedy Bingo -- AQ will do Speedy, hooray!! several times during the day in the Special Chat Room. For more info check here Speedy Bingo Rules here Bingo Cards.

You won’t believe the new downloads we have gotten already!!!

*Downloads/UCI's -- Lots of mouth-watering and party-themed downloads will be released as well as some other items. Our Designers have been working on these packs since May and they have created some spectacular items. These items are not to be missed! (The Benefactors have a good idea of what is coming since they get to Beta Test the items. Why not become a Benefactor and share in the benefits?)

* We have many new and wonderful Avatars, Wallpapers, Smilies

*Stop by our Chat Room and visit! ZTUF Chatroom http://www.zoxaeus.com/ztuchat/

*An assortment of articles and other goodies for our members and guests![/SIZE]

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2005, 04:00:19 PM »
I'm back on Zoo Tycoon Unleashed!! :-) Yippee!!

KTesch

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2005, 04:08:51 PM »
Those of you that went to the Zoo Tycoon Unleashed Paarty, How was it? I was one of the ones that missed it. Thanks.

KTesch

Please do not double post, use the edit button

Offline PsychicZookeeper

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2005, 07:12:31 AM »
Yep, ktesch is able to reach the forum and so are the handful of others who were unable.  If anybody else is unable to reach the forum, please send me a PM.

The party was so much fun!  The Speedy Design contests were, as always, very popular.  And some of the screenshots of animals unleashed are hilarious!  Of the new downloads, my fave is probably Genki's Sweet Buildings with a Banana Boat Restaurant, graphics by Genki, rotations and programming by TK, fern, and Jay.  Not only is it a jaw-drooping treat to behold, we are so grateful for the community effort. :)

Offline marlizdu

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2005, 10:40:19 PM »
Hi Everyone,
There is another competition going on right now!!! And you have until Nov. 30th to join in!!!

As we have a new 'Unleashed' name we are looking for a logo that captures the essence of our new name.

This competition is about designing a new logo for the forums. If you are unsure of what the logo is, it is the big banner at the very top of the forums which says our name.

The details:
*Logo size must be between:
*Width - 800px - 950px
*Height - 200px - 280px
*Logo must say 'Zoo Tycoon Unleashed' clearly.
*Logo must incorporate the Zoo Tycoon theme.

Where do you send your entries?
silverfoxhlm@yahoo.com

*Please Title your email 'ZTUF Logo Competition'.
*Please state clearly your FORUM name in the email.

Prizes:
*The winner will receive a $20 gift certificate (or equivalent in your currency).
*There will be 4 runners up each receiving either a $5 gift certificate or 6 months benefactor status.
*All entrants will receive 1 months benefactors status.

Closing Date:
The closing date for the Logo competition is Wednesday November 30th 2005. The winners will be announced Saturday 3rd December 2005.

Other Comments:
Each runner up will have their logo displayed on the board until the end of December. The winners logo will be displayed on Sunday 1st January 2006 when it is our official 2nd birthday and the logo will then become the official logo for Zoo Tycoon Unleashed.
Please note that by entering this competition you agree to the logo becoming property of the forum owners.

http://www.zoxaeus.com/ZTForums/

Offline TrueBlueHorse623

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2005, 04:13:35 PM »
Can someone help?
The site won't load for me. :(  It just says HTTP 405 not found. What's wrong?

Offline PsychicZookeeper

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
Zoo Tycoon Unleashed
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2005, 07:40:52 PM »
TrueBlue, it is loading fine for me.  Are you still having trouble accessing the site?  If so, send me a PM. :D