Author Topic: African Savannah Zoo  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Angrydude

• Pooper Scooper
African Savannah Zoo
« on: May 24, 2006, 06:59:18 AM »
Been having some trouble with this scenario, has anyone any suggestions?

I recycle existing fences and foliage and build an exhibit for lions, ostriches, gazelle/zebra and hippos. I had fairly decent sized exhibits and a good variety with white tiger, polar bear, crocodile and okapi housed. I didn't build everything on the left side of the map (from default perspective) after levelling terrain and extended the map across the river where I put my last three exhibits. I had all animal houses, the correct number of exhibits and no trash as restaurants were used not concession stands. Despite this in the last month my guest happiness plummetted to 88. I had c.350 guests or so and the zoo had been beautified considerably. I have CC by the way, incase anyone suggests its a problem with the patch.

Anyone any tips to completing this scenario? Are more multiple exhibits necessary? I tried pretty popular animals despite this I didn't beat it.

Offline Firehawke

• "Ooh, look---it's a frog!"
  • Game Warden
African Savannah Zoo
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 07:17:49 AM »
GH can be a tricky thing!  Try using a lot of flowers and hire some tour guides.  Plus, I've noticed that sometimes, using animal houses can cause a drop in the GH.  Those picky guests!!!   :smile:  Try replacing a few with some more exhibits.  And I've also noticed that the guests don't like a lot of space between the exhibits.  So try to place them close to one another.  Hope this helps!!!

Offline ilovesimgolf

• Pooper Scooper
Here's Some Help
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 08:22:46 PM »
Angrydude,

African Savannah animals do NOT have a very high guest attractiveness. In other words, guests would rather see something else. Try some mixed exhibits, escpecially the Wildabeast : Gazelle : Zebra : Ostrich combination. You might want to add in a Black Rhino too. It is possible to add elephants and giraffes, but this is tricky. Try using fancier paths and add a Lobby's Restaurant instead of a regular one. They are much more popular and will help fund flowers and decorative fencing.

You may also want to lower your exhibits by two levels with the fences bellow. That way you can use decorative fencing on top to make the guests happy.

You may want to get some baby animals. They have twice the attractiveness to guests as adults. For more info, see Quivaz's guide HERE.

Good Luck!: :) :

ilovesimgolf

Offline lisa

• Pooper Scooper
Re: African Savannah Zoo
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 12:38:52 PM »
 :bielski: hi all.. i too am having a hard time with this zoo...i cant get the guest happiness up no matter what i do... if anyone knows any new hints...please post or email if possible?..thanks soo much

:yellowrose:happy valentines day :yellowrose:

Offline Starshyne

• Pooper Scooper
    • Rainbow Holt
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 01:52:38 PM »

i too am having a hard time with this zoo...i cant get the guest happiness up no matter what i do... if anyone knows any new hints...please post or email if possible?..thanks soo much
I just finished this one a week ago :)  I've noticed guests get thirsty more then hungry so add a couple more Drink places then you have of burgers or pizza etc.  They also prefer brick fencing around landscape stuff so I use it around the flowers I put by both sides of the exhibit view windows.  They also love brick walkways so to save credits I use the brick at each intersection, the guests love it and it doesn't cost a fortune either :)  Oh and don't forget to have least 2-3 picnic tables by each grouping of food booths and I've found using benches by each exhibit corner helps with the guest who tire easy.

Hope this helps :)

Rainbow Hugs

Offline oreorules

• Global Moderator
  • Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 11:38:55 AM »
1) guest happiness relies almost entirely on animal happiness.  if the animal's exhibits are highly suitable & they are taken care of well, then their happiness will be quite high (95+)

2) raise your admission price to $100 or more a few months b4 the end of the scenario.  if you're getting a whole bunch of new guests, they will drop your guest happiness quite a bit because they come in with a low happiness level

3) it's better to have restaurants to meet guest needs.  too much of the other stuff can cause the guests to be unhappy.  I won all the scenarios using only restaurants & a couple of bences ~ no other kind of food stands, rest areas, or restrooms were used.

4) make sure your guests can see the animal exhibits from multiple sides & your paths by the exhibits are no more than 1 space away from the fences.  they like to see lots of animals every where they go