Author Topic: Changing File Types & File Associations  (Read 6042 times)

Offline Ailurus

• Zookeeper
Changing File Types & File Associations
« on: May 12, 2005, 10:54:26 AM »
Whenever i download any zt1 animals the files always apear as .wma (windows media...) how do i change them to .ztd files. I used to be able to download them properly but i recently was given a new computer. When i download zt2 files on my other computer they work fine. Please Help

Thanks

Ailurus

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 11:04:59 AM »
Sounds like Windows Media player has been associated with those files. Just right click on the file and then click open with and chose program the choose ZT and make sure you click the box tha says always open this type of file and that should fix the problem.

Offline Ailurus

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 11:33:45 AM »
Sounds like Windows Media player has been associated with those files. Just right click on the file and then click open with and chose program the choose ZT and make sure you click the box tha says always open this type of file and that should fix the problem.

Thanks for the help but unfortunately it didn't work because when i clicked on open it opened windows media player and then this little box came up saying 'windows media player cannot play this file blah blah blah... '

please help

ailurus

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 01:00:44 PM »
Here are insructions with pics to help you out.

1.Make sure the ZTD file is in the dlupdates folder before you begin.

2.Right click on the ZTD file you want ZT to open you should see a menu like this

3.Click on Open With and you should get this window

4.make sure you check the box I have circled in the pic and click on the Browse button - You should now have this window

5.Navigate to the Microsoft Games folder and click on Microsoft Games folder to highlight it -  click Open and you should now have this pic

6.Click on the Zoo Tycoon folder and click Open - you should now have this pic

7.Now locate the Zoo.exe file and click on it ti highlight it and click open. Your ztgame should start the file should be visable in the proper ZT menu for objects, animals, etc.

if you just get this screen

Scroll down and click on Properties

This window will open

Click on Change - you now have this window again

just follow from step 5 above to change the program

I hope this tutorial has helped

Offline Ailurus

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 10:20:48 AM »
thanks for the help but it still doesn't work because 'open with' is not one of the options when i right click on the downloaded file

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 11:22:46 AM »
read further down in the tutorial hun I also show how when you only have the open option