Author Topic: Questions For Blue Fang  (Read 73113 times)

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #575 on: January 13, 2007, 06:37:29 PM »
Quote from: Flames The Dragon;173583
TRhe Microsoft Press Release said about zoo Tycoon 2 Extinct Animals is this true?

where did you get that info? if thats from a microsoft press release, its probably true, but i would love to see the page.

Offline Loewenfrau

• Retired ZT Webmistress
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
  • The Lion Lady
    • The African Lion

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #577 on: January 15, 2007, 02:06:28 PM »
1. What happened to ScottyMac? We really enjoyed have a representative come in and chat with us every once in a while.

2. Do you plan on having a demo for Extinct Animals so that you can convince those of us who hate the idea to actually buy it?

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #578 on: January 15, 2007, 03:11:32 PM »
Quote from: Loewenfrau;174440
look here

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/jan07/01-08G4WPR.mspx?source=rss&WT.dl=0

Yes! It's trrue! There is a Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals! :woot: :loony: :party5: :surprise:

And more! http://pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/p31481.htm

Please stay on topic - We already have a thread for discussing the new expansion. Thank you. Mika
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:19:07 PM by mikaboshi »

Offline gandalf.nho

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #579 on: January 20, 2007, 12:54:42 PM »
A sugestion for the devs:

Zoos from real world often exchange animals, what about the possibility of exchange a animal for another of equivalent cost or 2 or more with less value for another more valuable?

P. S. Sorry for my bad english.

Offline Venatosaurus

• Zookeeper
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #580 on: January 20, 2007, 01:15:45 PM »
i hate this steve always came here and gave us clues and hints but all scotty mac did was introduce himself and thats it mkiaboshi you are they should release a kick butt demo of extinct animals now to convince people to buy it i really want to hear the sounds theyll give the animals i also hope the make not just brown mammoths but brown with white and pure white mammoths cause in a science magizine they discovered mammoths werent just brown i wonder if they were black too.

Offline badisbadis101

• Senior Zookeeper
    • My Projects
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #581 on: January 20, 2007, 01:31:45 PM »
yeah, a good trial would be good

and more info from bf reps

Offline ladygreeneyes

• Pooper Scooper
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #582 on: January 23, 2007, 01:18:56 AM »
Two questions: One - Will Blue Fang ever be offering a fix for the terrible lagging and freezing issues that a lot of us seem to be having?  I really love a lot of features of the game, but playing it with all the problems isn't a lot of fun.  Two - could we maybe expect a ZT3?  Would love to see all the bugs gone, and maybe more realistic-looking animals (as in the original ZT).

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #583 on: January 23, 2007, 01:57:46 PM »
Why has BF been ignoring the TREMENDOUS demand for an avian XP? More people wanted one than an African one, and it seems that it is being ignored. If BF made one, I'm SURE it'd make TONS of money!

You dont know for sure that they have been ignoring it. Maybe they will make it, maybe not. Be nice.-Germanwolf
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 09:21:49 AM by germanwolf »

Offline Venatosaurus

• Zookeeper
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #584 on: January 23, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »
you know they do need birds many zoos have birds why shouldnt a virtual one

Offline seaworldgurl1

• Zookeeper
  • dive in
    • Pilialoha
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #585 on: January 23, 2007, 02:31:43 PM »
Quote from: ladygreeneyes;177217
Two questions: One - Will Blue Fang ever be offering a fix for the terrible lagging and freezing issues that a lot of us seem to be having?  I really love a lot of features of the game, but playing it with all the problems isn't a lot of fun.  Two - could we maybe expect a ZT3?  Would love to see all the bugs gone, and maybe more realistic-looking animals (as in the original ZT).

i totally agree....the lagging is incredible on my computer!! it was fine b4 MM2, but when i installed it, down the hill it went!! i know a way to fix it is to buy more RAM...but, I cant really see myself saving up for RAM and the possible fact of ZT2:Extinct Animals. that would come out to be bout $70. game=$30 (MM2 did!!) and RAM=$40 (512 mb after savings and mail in rebate!!) i know it sounds like i just spend my money...the fact is I dont get paid as much as I should for babysitting ($10 for 4 hrs!!)

newayz....i wish there was another way to make the game run faster w/out more RAM. the animals are great after original ZT2...I think the ZT2 animals need more realistic reskins in the next exapnsion (maybe). will there be a zoo tycoon 3?  also can you make it so the crocs go underwater? and why do the animals have food in their mouths after they're done eating? i noticed that after I installed MM2.

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #586 on: January 26, 2007, 09:46:45 PM »
Guys calm down...We got MM2, ZC and DD2 almost the same time and now after a few months we're getting EA. We should be happy that they are taking the pains to do this for us! It's not just easy to make an Xp! Is it? I know Steve keeps us up to date, but is Scotty Mac sitting there doing nothing?? He must have had loads of work! Please give them some time and atleast take a minute to think about him too! There must be some reason for these delays! Now lets hope for the best, they wont let us down!

Thanks alot Blue Fang! for all that you have done for us!

And my question is the Extinct Animal Exp, going to be the last one?

Offline Pandawarrior

• Zookeeper
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #587 on: January 31, 2007, 05:49:13 AM »
I agree Simba!
My question is: Will you have to have Windows Vista to play ZT2:EA? The reason I am asking this is because a lot of new games are coming out that only work on Vista, like Halo 2.

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #588 on: January 31, 2007, 10:11:16 AM »
I know this is questions for BF, but I think (hope?) It will be XP and Vista compatible, much like the Zookeeper Collection is right now.

If it requires Vista I will be saddened and upset because I have yet to hear a good comment about the new OS.

Offline australis

• Pooper Scooper
Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #589 on: February 08, 2007, 03:41:47 AM »
Quote from: mikaboshi;179377
I know this is questions for BF, but I think (hope?) It will be XP and Vista compatible, much like the Zookeeper Collection is right now.

If it requires Vista I will be saddened and upset because I have yet to hear a good comment about the new OS.

Dear All,

This question about gaming platform on Windows XP versus Windows Vista is good.  So good, in fact, that someone asked at the official Microsoft Zoo Tycoon 2 forums and there was an official response.  From what I remember, the representative replied back with someone like, "... yes, any new work will work on both operating systems.  The consumer base of XP is too large to ignore ..."

As a disclaimer, this is only what I remember which may or may not encapsulate the entirety of the truth and is in no way meant to substitute for the actual response.  

australis

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
  • The Valiant Knight, ready to defend at all costs
Re: Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #590 on: February 26, 2007, 10:18:23 AM »
When was the last time anybody from BF came in here? Could you drop by more often.

Also is this really the last expansion pack? I would be sad to see ZT2 end without an avian pack. :(

Offline badisbadis101

• Senior Zookeeper
    • My Projects
« Reply #591 on: February 26, 2007, 03:57:57 PM »
Two questions: One - Will Blue Fang ever be offering a fix for the terrible lagging and freezing issues that a lot of us seem to be having?  I really love a lot of features of the game, but playing it with all the problems isn't a lot of fun.  Two - could we maybe expect a ZT3?  Would love to see all the bugs gone, and maybe more realistic-looking animals (as in the original ZT).

i dont think they can fix the lag that much, its a Computer problem, not a game problem, it think

more memory and or hard drive would fix that though

Offline Midnightstar5555

• Zookeeper
« Reply #592 on: March 02, 2007, 04:58:49 PM »
What is ZT2:EA? I know, I'm really slow 'cause I'm not around too often.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 05:09:44 PM by Midnightstar5555 »

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #593 on: March 02, 2007, 05:00:17 PM »
it's Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals, an unconfirmed xp, yet it mostly surely exists due to video evidence.

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #594 on: March 04, 2007, 10:49:43 PM »
According to what i've seen in this last replies...
I have a computer with 512mb memory, so...it will crash or get slower than a turtle if i put MM2 in my ZT2?
I don't know if this off-topic, so...sorry if it is. :bag:

Offline SilverFeather

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #595 on: March 21, 2007, 08:44:04 PM »
Well, :snew:
this isn't really about it but i wanted to know how do you get a ZooTycoon2 forum account..... :faint
 :sthanks:

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #596 on: March 21, 2007, 08:54:22 PM »
 If you go to zootycoon.com and go to Community > Forums, there is a "Sign In" button in the upper right hand corner

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
  • The Valiant Knight, ready to defend at all costs
« Reply #597 on: March 22, 2007, 05:34:29 AM »

i dont think they can fix the lag that much, its a Computer problem, not a game problem, it think

That's certainly true but can't they fix it to a degree? I mean on their site their's a patch (which you should have unless you never got an expansion for ZT2) that improves performance and reduces lag. Not sure if they could make it much better now though.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
« Reply #598 on: March 24, 2007, 09:20:03 AM »

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
« Reply #599 on: March 25, 2007, 03:57:37 PM »
But I thought Scottymac was part of the "community team" or something. Steve said he (steve) got a promotion, and that he was leaving the part of the job that dealt with the community... so wouldnt that mean that scotty's job is to deal with the community, and not the making of the actual game?

Sorry if that sounded confusing.  :slol: