Author Topic: Questions For Blue Fang  (Read 72607 times)

Offline australis

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Questions For Blue Fang
« Reply #600 on: March 28, 2007, 07:30:09 PM »
In regards to the many different things going on in this thread ...

There is supposed to be an "unconfirmed rumor" about an upcoming expansion currently entitled Extinct Animals.  The official forums at Microsoft Zoo Tycoon Forums contains much more information.  The "unconfirmed rumor" is the official stance taken by the moderator at that forum, who is not an employee of Blue Fang but who receives information and posts official notices as requsted.  

However, there is nearly incontrovertible evidence that the next expansion is, indeed, going to be the Extinct Animals Expansion Pack for ZT2.  There's a Microsoft Press Release which includes the Extinct Animals XP as one of its Games for 2007; and even more compelling is the video clip shown at the Consumer Electronics Show (the largest consumer electronics show in the world) which was subsequently reposted on the most popular gaming news websites.  So, eh, while their "official stance" may be that it's a rumor, everything else is pointing to a real expansion that's looking pretty good.  

Also, there's no reason to request, criticize, or even compliment the presence (or lack) of BF's representative.  If they considered it vitally important for him to show up, he would.  Maybe he just reads the forums without writing.  Maybe he doesn't read the forums at all.  He'll show up when he needs to show up; there's certainly no requirement for him to show up at all.  

Offline dinorhino

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #601 on: March 30, 2007, 11:10:28 AM »
here are a couple of questions i'd like to ask:

how long are you planning on continuing the zoo tycoon 2 series? It's been around three years since zoo tycoon 2 first appeared in stores, and since then you've been releasing expansion packs. When EA comes out (should it exist) what could you make expansion packs about next? Ok, stupid question: birds. But, assuming that zoo tycoon 2:amazing avians was created and released, would you continue making exps or make a zoo tycoon 3?

And would you make an xbox 360 version? Microsoft also own the console so why not make a hi-def version for xbox players. You could also put zoo tycoon 1 as an online-download for the 360.

Also, assuming the zoo tycoon console version was made, would you make it for rival consoles? I would usually assume no, but then there wouldn't be a zoo tycoon for the nintendo DS. And if you went ahead and did this what consoles would you release zoo tycoon for? the PS3? the wii? (a quick note: i'd love a PSP version of zoo tycoon 2 to play on!)

Finally, when is the new bonus animal coming out? Please give at least a vague date, e.g May 2007, so i can stop checking zootycoon.com every day for it.

Thanks for reading this, and (if you do) answering my questions.

Dinorhino.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #602 on: April 04, 2007, 07:40:52 PM »
Well as to how long Blue Fang and Microsoft are going to be working together I can answer that for you..

Here is a snippet of a press release that was posted at the old Vbulletin version of the ZA forum

Blue Fang Games Renews Zoo Tycoon Franchise Development Contract with
Microsoft Game Studios

New contract includes multiple development projects through 2009.

Waltham, MA, July 10, 2006 - Blue Fang Games(tm), developer of the
leading Games for Windows(r) franchise "Zoo Tycoon(tm)," today announced
it has extended their partnership with Microsoft Game Studios, publisher
of the Zoo Tycoon franchise. The new contract includes multiple
development projects extending through 2009.

So to answer your question Blue Fang and Microsoft will have all kinds of new goodies for us for the next 2 years.

Remember, Blue Fang, even though they are developing the game can not tell us anything unless Microsoft gives their permission for the information to be released.

Keith is still getting used to the site and what you all wish to know from him. He is studying the information posted and will address issues when he is ready.

He has posted in his introduction he will first address tech problems you all are having.

I would like to remind you all not to harass Keith about information on any new things that may be currently in the works at Blue Fang or stuff that may be planned for the future. He won't be able to tell us anything until Microsoft and his bosses give him the go ahead and say yes you can say this or that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 07:45:44 PM by Yellowrose »

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #603 on: April 06, 2007, 12:38:04 AM »

... When EA comes out (should it exist) ...

Extinct Animals is coming out. Windows Vista released a gaming lineup and EA was on there. A Vista gaming video appeared, EA one of the games, so that's official. That is for sure.

The only question I want answered is 'IS EXTINCT ANIMALS THE LAST EXPANSION?'. All us at Zoo Admin would miss a bit we wish(listed)ed for, like bird aviaries, etc. With the new Wildlife Park 2 expansion pack, Zoo Tycoon 2 will take a heavy beating. The thing has Hotels and Scuba rentals and boat rides, for goodness sake, so I thought I'd point out that all of that stuff will burn a relatively large hole in Blue Fang's budget.

CP

P.S, have a nice day.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #604 on: April 12, 2007, 11:54:22 PM »
CP

There have been many games reviewed with other programs etc at shows that sometimes never came out. There has been no official announcement about the release of any expansion.

Until there is an official announcement please don't say anything is FOR SURE.

If you read my above post you will see in the quote that Microsoft and Blue Fang will be working together for another 2 years yet so I'm sure we have lots of new goodies coming in the future.