Author Topic: Wild-life Park 2!  (Read 109073 times)

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #825 on: July 11, 2006, 06:32:14 PM »
Just a quick question, but has anyone ordered it online and recieved it yet? I'm thinking about just ordering it.

Offline Springfield Elephant

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #826 on: July 11, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »
I just have one quick question. Does anyone have a confirmed release date??? Gamespot says July 17, But i dont know and i really want it!!!!

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #827 on: July 11, 2006, 09:40:57 PM »
Wait! Gotta get my facts straight!  They haven't decided IF they will release it in the US, but haven't confirmed they wont...

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #828 on: July 12, 2006, 10:54:50 AM »
Yea, exactly. And well it is annoying to think about.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #829 on: July 12, 2006, 11:28:08 AM »
Well I tried ordering it today, but they don't even ship to the U.S.! :blink:

Offline Tea Shrew

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #830 on: July 12, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »
I ordered mine last week on Ebay from bexlar.com in the UK.  They confirmed that they have shipped it, but I haven't gotten it yet.

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #831 on: July 13, 2006, 10:43:55 AM »
When you do get it. Tell us how it works out for you.

Offline bulldog94

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #832 on: July 15, 2006, 01:45:34 AM »
I Orderd Mine From Bexlar And It Took 9 Days!:angry:

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #833 on: July 15, 2006, 06:04:31 AM »
Yes it may have taken 9 days. But at least you got it. Quite of a few of people wont get it unless it is realesed in the US.

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #834 on: July 16, 2006, 09:25:05 AM »
suposedly it will come out tomorrow. well thats what gamespot says...

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #835 on: July 16, 2006, 02:41:37 PM »
Hm... maybe I should check EB Games and maybe even Best Buy tomorrow then. I don't know where there's a nearby Game Stop though... or Spot, or whatever it is. Man, I really want this game! Will the search ever end? :crying:

Offline bulldog94

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #836 on: July 16, 2006, 02:46:04 PM »
If The Release Date Is Tomorrow Expect It The Day After Tomorrow. Because They Ship It Tomorrow And It Should Get There The Day After It Shipped. When AA Came Out It Took 3 Days To Get At Best buy But At least I Got It. I Have All Animal Games And Then Some.: :) :

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #837 on: July 18, 2006, 10:09:13 AM »
Has anyone in the US seen out? Just curios. Because some sites say it is supposed to be out now. But I aint holding my breathe.

Offline Crimson_Fox_79

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #838 on: July 18, 2006, 12:58:37 PM »
Ooh I didn't even know of the existence of the 'wildlife park' series...
Anyone (in countries where its been released) get it and play it yet? How does it compare to Zoo Tycoon? Is it better? Basically the same game with minor ifferences? etc...
I'd be interested in getting this if released here. After playing Zoo Tycoon 2 I am officially hooked on this type of game :)

Offline bulldog94

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #839 on: July 19, 2006, 04:18:38 AM »
Wildlife Park Is Out Everywhere, Wildlife Park 2 Is Only Out In The UK And Will Not Be Released In The US Until December. Anyways The Graphics Are Better But They Don't Have As Many Animals And Are Missing Allot Of Popular Ones Like The Wolfs, Asian Elephants And Thomson Gazelles. They Already Have Some Marine And Dinosaur Creatures Though. And I Orderd Mine On June 23rd And Got It 9 Days Later, I Play It Allot. They Also Have Jeep tours And Underwater Tunnels And Elevated Paths.
   Also They Have Guest Mode(NO! Zookeeper Mode Though).

P.S.  The Wolfs And Asian Elephants Were In The Second Expansion On Zt2, And There Is An Expansion That Comes Out At The End Of December Right After WP2 In The U.S , That Expansion Might Have Them, But For The Thomson Gazelle Thats Weird Because They Included It In The First Wildlife Park.:huh:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 04:37:34 AM by bulldog94 »

Offline Tea Shrew

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #840 on: July 20, 2006, 03:30:47 PM »
I just got it today!  Like bulldog, it took awhile to get here - 12 days.  I've gone through the demos and I'm ready to tackle a game.  There are a lot of things I like about it even now.  I really like that you have to take care of your trees and plants.
I like the water pumps.  I love the realism of the animals. Animal movement could use a little work - and I'm having trouble rotating the trees.  More later -

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #841 on: July 20, 2006, 04:02:47 PM »
Cool. And thanks for the information!

Offline Tea Shrew

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #842 on: July 21, 2006, 09:45:27 AM »
Well, after all the waiting, it arrived.  And after all the anxiety, my systems specs were able to play it.  So, I should be happy, right?

Wrong - my system keeps crashing after playing the game for awhile.  It's much worse in free form mode than with the missions.  Now I know firsthand what you all have ben talking about with Starforce.
     I removed Starforce from my system,and as you probably have already guessed, the game will not play but asks you to reload Starforce.  So Wildlife Park 2 = Starforce.  Apparently, yet another marrige made in ****.  It's all very disappointing.

Has anyone read anywhere if Deepsilver has considered not using Starforce?  
(Obviously, with that question I am now grasping at straws.  I guess it's time to go out and buy Zoo Tycoon 2 AA that I had been postponing.)

Offline G3mInI

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #843 on: July 21, 2006, 10:02:55 AM »
Yes I too am highly disappointed at the use of starforce protection with all of its issues highly publicized on games that currently use that type of current protection.

Check out Deep Silver forums and see the list begin to grow with starforce related issues.

They have already released two patches for the game which are deemed "critical" by Deep Silver. Seems as though a major bug was detected early and a patch was released. Then they realized a critical error in the patch and second patch was released. These two patches are suppose to resolve the crash bug that is plaguing nearly every user of the game.

Great looking game. Screenies look awesome. But I am someone who does my homework before making a purchase and by what I am reading thus far on Deep Silver boards, it does not look promising for me to purchase this game. Such a shame that it be due to a certain type of protection rather than an issue with the game. Starforce has been known to render hardware (cd/dvd rom) completely useless. Wiping out the internal rom. That is just a risk, I personally am not willing to take. Not to mention that uninstalling Starforce is a joke too. You may think you have it uninstalled, but you couldn't be further from the truth. Starforce is so heavily embedded into the operating system that reformat is the only guaranteed way to remove it from the system. If you do not believe what I have to say, just google starforce and be prepared to read for hours on end of the horror stories out there.

Deep Silver forums addy for the ongoing, realtime, pc crashing slaughter fest....

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149

Also, the forums have a huge following in German if you can speak it. English is quite lacking. Most of the english posts are complaints of crashing and kids who are downloading it illegally and looking for a serial number (idiots).

That is my two cents on wlp2. (Not to mention that I totally detest the comparison to ZT2 on the WLP2 main site. Bad taste in my opinion. Seen here..
http://www.wildlifepark2.com/eng/presse.html )

I think I will await Marine Mania and Dinosouar Digs. ZT2 rocks and my 4 yr old absolutely loves it! (along with my 10, 14, and 15 yr olds too!)

Peace out,
G3mInI

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #844 on: July 22, 2006, 05:13:31 PM »
Aw man! That's really disappointing Tea Shrew! Yeah, the comparison with ZT2 on the WP2 website really bugs me. But look at it this way, ZT2 actually has more animals than WP2, (that is if you buy the xps). Bonus downloads give you a total of 34 animals, ES gives you 54 animals, AA 74 animals, and soon to come MM, 94 animals! DD will probably make the game exceed 100 animals! :woot: Also, on the comparison, they say that the guest in WP2 are more challenging to care for than its ZT2 counterparts, when they made the patch, it makes the guests EASIER to take care of. Of course, they still might be more challenging than ZT2 guests. :ermm: Guess I'd better order mine on Ebay. And hope to God that WP2 works on my new computer. : :( :

Offline Tea Shrew

• Pooper Scooper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #845 on: July 23, 2006, 06:23:10 AM »
G3 was quite correct in stating that there are a great many posts in the German forums regarding this problem - and no answers from Deep Silver except for a private e-mail to one individual promising a third patch!  I downloaded the current two patches, and I'm still encountering the same problems.  Like myself, many of the German customers can no longer play the game and keep it on a shelf.  I'm curious to know who CAN play the game and why.  (Does anyone know if Tyranosurus Matt has encountered any problems?)  I think that G3 is right in saying that Deep Silver is missing the entire point.  It doesn't seem very logical to be putting most of your energy into an expansion when a huge proportion of your fan base who bought the game are unable to play it.  How can they be so confident that they can fix this since the previous two patches haven't worked?  

The German forums, from what I can understand through babel fish, do not mention Starforce at all.  Could it be that Deep Silver really knows what that Starforce is the problem, but is either loathe or contractly bound not to fix it by obvious means?

Anyway, in my opinion, and at this time, I would advise all of you to

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME.

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #846 on: July 23, 2006, 10:10:57 AM »
Wow, guys...
Sorry to hear about that. And thanks for warning all of who haven't gotten it yet. I really appreciate it.
After hearing all this, I don't think I'll be getting the game. I'll stick with ZT2 and all of its expansions.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #847 on: July 23, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »
:mellow: :huh: Man, I really wanted this game too. Now I don't know for sure if I do or don't want to get the game. : :( :

• Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #848 on: July 23, 2006, 08:48:50 PM »
I dont know if i want this game anymore. The downfall really started back in June when it never came out. And now with all of this news i dont know if i want it at all. I think ill just stick with zoo tycoon 2 as well as sim and other tycoon games, and next year SPORE!!!!!

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #849 on: July 24, 2006, 07:43:07 AM »
I love ZT1 and ZT2, does WLP2 give a completely different game play or is it similar to ZT2?