Author Topic: Wild-life Park 2!  (Read 109072 times)

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #850 on: July 24, 2006, 02:25:10 PM »
I just remembered something. My 8th grade teacher would always tell us to take risks. And I'm willing enough to take the risk of getting this game. :blink: But, I still don't understand what this whole Starforce thing is. :huh:
And, would the demo only work if you had Starforce?

Taun: It's like ZT2 in a lot of ways, but has better graphics and you can even make jeep tours and elevated paths. As well as underwater tunnels.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 02:27:20 PM by kiwibuddy »

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #851 on: July 24, 2006, 02:29:48 PM »
For those interested still, here are some new screens.(including a few pointless ones)
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/wildlifepark2/screenindex.html

I'd definately buy this game, if it didn't use starforce. G3mInI did a great job summing everything up.

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #852 on: July 25, 2006, 01:24:47 AM »
Thanks kiwibuddy,  If it had been quite different for ZT2 i might have bought it.

One more question, does it have less problems than ZT2 (error/bugs)?

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #853 on: July 25, 2006, 09:44:15 AM »
Well, it doesn't work on 90% of people's computers, at least that's what I've heard. And I'm not sure about bugs. I have seen some pics of minor bugs. I hate to pester you all, but can someone please answer my question? :original: Thank you.

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #854 on: July 25, 2006, 11:00:12 AM »
G3mInI: Great sum up indeed. That explains a lot.

Kiwibuddy: My demo worked and I don't have starforce.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #855 on: July 25, 2006, 04:13:02 PM »
Alright thanks. So likey and hopefully. When I get WP2, it'll work on my computer. :pinch:

Offline marleybug

• Zookeeper
  • Arabians in Spring
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #856 on: July 25, 2006, 04:39:49 PM »
Kiwibuddy if you are from the U.S. do not order it from Europe. It is really hard to return if it does not work and European games don't always work in U.S. computers. wait for it to come out where you live. Also Starforce prevents the game from being copied because it is illegal. IT sounds harmless, but you have to enter a code in order to play the game and the codes do not always work(this happened to me with two games: :crying: .). Also Starforce sometimes installs spyware on your computer and that messes alot of things up. Starfoce is very bad!!:angry:

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #857 on: July 25, 2006, 05:52:34 PM »
Hm... well, I'm not totally sure if I do or don't have Starforce on my comp., (but I hope not, since I thought it was totally necessary to have it in order to play the game). And, I'm getting the game from Thailand! :blink: (Yes, it's in English... I think. :pinch)

Edit: I went over G3mInI's post again. Maybe I won't get the game after all. :ermm: *Sigh*
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 05:56:19 PM by kiwibuddy »

Offline marleybug

• Zookeeper
  • Arabians in Spring
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #858 on: July 25, 2006, 06:05:17 PM »
Starforce comes with the game so even if you don't have it on there now you will.:pinch:

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #859 on: July 25, 2006, 06:15:25 PM »
Well that settles it. I'm not getting the game! I wish I could but since it looks like it won't work, then, I might as well stay on the safe side. :crying: Now I've gotta cancel my purchase! (Though I haven't gotten the game for SURE yet.) Thanks for the info and caution guys. :original: :mellow: : :( :

Offline marleybug

• Zookeeper
  • Arabians in Spring
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #860 on: July 25, 2006, 06:18:59 PM »
Sorry about the game. It looks so cool, but it will be safer to buy it from a local store.

Offline starstruck_disaster

• Zookeeper
    • http://starstricken-disaste.deviantart.com
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #861 on: July 26, 2006, 11:41:47 PM »
I tried the demo for this game. The graphics are fantastic, but the gameplay was obnoxious and a bit difficult. :/ It's a cool game if you like eye candy I suppose, but that's about it.

Plus, for the comparison they do to ZT2 (saying that this game is better), they sure did borrow a heck of a lot from ZT2. Even the biome brush idea.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #862 on: July 28, 2006, 05:23:21 PM »
Quote from: marleybug
Sorry about the game. It looks so cool, but it will be safer to buy it from a local store.

Yeah, I'm gonna do that. But, there's no REAL date on when or even where they're gonna release it. What if they DON'T release it to the U.S.!? (Though I don't see why they wouldn't.)

Offline willoughby

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/998182
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #863 on: August 06, 2006, 08:49:16 AM »
I recently got the game from overseas and on the main menu the theme music is in slow motion.: :( : Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also whenever I try to install the patches it makes my game not work, it asks for a key code but dosen't accept it. Anyone know how to resolve it? Again thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 07:15:27 PM by willoughby »

Offline marleybug

• Zookeeper
  • Arabians in Spring
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #864 on: August 10, 2006, 06:58:42 PM »
When it asks for the code does it say anything about starforce? If it does I am afraid you won't be playing it anymore and might want to try returnig it.: :( :

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #865 on: August 25, 2006, 01:49:13 AM »
Okay, here's a story:

Short Version:

In my holiday to England I got Wildlife Park 2 (!!!!!!!!!) And African Adventure (!!!!!).

Long Version:

Well, when I went into the shop to get African Adventure, the Zoo Tycoon game was very easy to find, straight in front of me. Then my dad said 'Hey... Isn't that the other game you were talking about?' I looked down, and it was Wildlife Park 2!

However, he said we wouldn't get it today because I had another game in my hand.

About a week and a half later, we were all quite tired and upset, so my mum (my dad always has to go back early for work >.<) allowed my sister a cuddly toy, and me 'that computer game'. My sister found a toy easily, and my mum said that HMV might have the game. We asked at the counter, and he said the shop had ordered it, and it never arrived. :blink One of those unsolved mysteries, really. So then we tried another shop called GAME in huge pink letters, which happened to be the same brand of shop that I got African Adventure. We asked at the counter, and he strolled to one of the shelves, and picked it up.

SO NOW I'VE FINNALY GOT IT! :woot:

Look ouyt for a show & tell! :happy:

EDIT: It turns out it says the thing about Vertex and Pixelshader. I'll try again another day, I'll try and try with my dad. :crying:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 08:51:31 PM by Cuddly Panda »

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #866 on: August 27, 2006, 07:52:07 AM »
yeah, I tried the demo, it took a while to download, but it said the same thing with 'vertex and pixelshader problems'. Could somebody help us? :crying:

Offline boblus

• Affiliates
  • Zookeeper
    • http://s7.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Tycoon_Gold/
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #867 on: August 27, 2006, 09:11:08 AM »
I'd just like to ask when this game is released in the UK, has it been released already?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #868 on: August 27, 2006, 10:10:46 AM »
Quote from: germanwolf
yeah, I tried the demo, it took a while to download, but it said the same thing with 'vertex and pixelshader problems'. Could somebody help us? :crying:

The addition of programmable vertex shaders and pixel shaders makes visual quality in real-time graphics take a quantum leap towards cinematic realism. Thanks to the programmable graphics processors on newer graphics cards, developers can add personalized combinations of graphics operations by using these shaders, creating their own effects to their games.

Effects that can be created with shaders:

·       Hair and fur

·       Per-pixel lighting

·       Underwater effects

·       Clothing

·       Place your effect here J

The developer creates the shaders in assembly code or in the newly announced Cg language (looks almost exactly like C code) from Nvidia and downloads them onto the Graphics Processor during rendering.

One downside to the shaders is that older graphics card can’t support it because they don’t have programmable graphics processors, but all future cards will most probably have one. Pixel shaders is at the time of this writing only supported by GeForce 3/4TI and RADEON 8500-based cards.

so unless you ahve those cards the game wont run on your computer

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #869 on: August 27, 2006, 10:20:13 AM »
Where can I look on my computer to see which card i have, without actually opening the tower?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #870 on: August 27, 2006, 10:24:28 AM »
go to programs and then RUN type in dxdiag on the 3rd tab it says display - that will tell you your graphics card

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #871 on: August 27, 2006, 07:18:58 PM »
OK, I'll try and get a new graphics card. If I can't, real shame as I actually BOUGHT the game. : :( :

By the way, you get a free double sided Wildlife park 2 Poster!

When i was looking in the manual to the game, guess what? Zoo Tycoon 2 and Wildlife Park 2 use the same gamng software! (Gamebryo)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 08:21:39 PM by Cuddly Panda »

Offline boblus

• Affiliates
  • Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #872 on: August 30, 2006, 12:08:24 PM »
So, has it come out in the Uk yet? Oh yes and what system requirements do you need? The same as ZT2 or more advanced? :hmmm:

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #873 on: August 30, 2006, 07:00:29 PM »
Yes, it's out in the UK, try and find a shop called GAME.

And the reuirements are FAR larger than Zoo Tycoon 2.

Minimum System Specifications:

• Intel Pentium IV 2 Ghz or compatible
  • 512 MB RAM
  • Operating systems: Windows 2000 or Windows XP
  • Free hard drive space: I.5 GB
  • Graphic card: 64 MB RAM
  • DirectX 8.1 compatible
  • CD drive
  • Mouse

Offline boblus

• Affiliates
  • Zookeeper
Wild-life Park 2!
« Reply #874 on: August 31, 2006, 06:35:29 AM »
Whoa! Those requirements are like way in front of mine. We're getting a new pc though so maybe it'll be a intel pentium like you said. I might get the game for future use, I have a Game in town.