Author Topic: T Rex Breeding  (Read 9279 times)

jaylee

T Rex Breeding
« on: March 01, 2005, 03:34:12 PM »
Any ideas of how to get a pair of T Rexes to breed? Suitablility is 100 and I've had them for almost 3.3 years.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 04:39:47 PM »
Try making a pit a couple of tiles deep so they dont electrocute themselves on the fence.

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 07:49:21 PM »
You can also use the lowered terrain trick.  Lower their exhibit 3 or 4 levels.  Put regular fencing around it.  That way, there is no electric fence for them to hit.  Be sure you make it low enough and put decorative fencing on the top side to keep the t-rex from getting a snack.  :D

jaylee

T Rex Breeding
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 05:25:52 AM »
They are currently in an exhibit that has been sunk 2 tiles and haven't had any cases of guests disappearing yet :D
But my game does seem to have a bug...everytime I load it it starts the Nocturnal House in the Research tab even though I already have a noturnal house and all the programs for it. Wonder if it reflects some of the same problem of my T rexes not breeding :(

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 02:23:23 PM »
Originally posted by jaylee@Mar 2 2005, 06:25 AM
But my game does seem to have a bug...everytime I load it it starts the Nocturnal House in the Research tab even though I already have a noturnal house and all the programs for it. Wonder if it reflects some of the same problem of my T rexes not breeding :(
Did you save the game???  

AHA!  I remembered another very important thing:
If you can afford it, research all the T-Rex stuff in the research/conservation panel (i believe it has animal fertility and other happiness stuff in there), and if you can, the other regular dino stuff and staff training.

jaylee

T Rex Breeding
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 02:43:53 PM »
ALL research is done, and I know the game's been saved because it shows the latest day and the same amount of money I had when I left. :huh:

jaylee

T Rex Breeding
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 03:34:12 PM »
Any ideas of how to get a pair of T Rexes to breed? Suitablility is 100 and I've had them for almost 3.3 years.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 04:39:47 PM »
Try making a pit a couple of tiles deep so they dont electrocute themselves on the fence.

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 07:49:21 PM »
You can also use the lowered terrain trick.  Lower their exhibit 3 or 4 levels.  Put regular fencing around it.  That way, there is no electric fence for them to hit.  Be sure you make it low enough and put decorative fencing on the top side to keep the t-rex from getting a snack.  :D

jaylee

T Rex Breeding
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 05:25:52 AM »
They are currently in an exhibit that has been sunk 2 tiles and haven't had any cases of guests disappearing yet :D

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 02:23:23 PM »
Originally posted by jaylee@Mar 2 2005, 06:25 AM
Did you save the game???  

AHA!  I remembered another very important thing:
If you can afford it, research all the T-Rex stuff in the research/conservation panel (i believe it has animal fertility and other happiness stuff in there), and if you can, the other regular dino stuff and staff training.

jaylee

T Rex Breeding
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 02:43:53 PM »
ALL research is done, and I know the game's been saved because it shows the latest day and the same amount of money I had when I left. :huh:

Offline Typhoon

• Marine Biologist
    • http://s9.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Plaza/index.php?act=idx
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 06:49:51 PM »
Is anyone having trouble with this scenario?? My animals are in great exhibits and get all that they need. And I already ahve two Baby T-Rexes. But the suitibility thing is still incomplete.

salemvot

T Rex Breeding
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 10:52:05 PM »
Ok, I assume you can't get a good enough T-Rex Exhibit. Here is mine.  I make the fence (electrified Iron Bar) 20 pieces long and 25 pieces wide. Use CTRL+G to turn the grid lines on. put 300 squares of grass, 50 squares of deciduous, 125 squares gray stone and 25 squares of fresh water. raise a 4 by 4 section 3 clicks up and a 3 by 3 section one click up. Give them 25 Williamsonia trees, 60 medium rocks (from Zoo Tycoon regular rocks) and put in a dino cave for shelter. Keep just one male and one female. I get 100 suitability this way. Leave the path 1 square away from the cage to help keep guests from getting shocked on the fence and to allow room for a concrete wall outside the T-Rex pen if they feel crowded by too many guests. If you need the concrete wall just leave 1 or 2 openings for guests to look in on each side.

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 03:27:42 AM »
No, no. Williamsonia are Rainforest Trees. Use Broadleaf bushes. And DON'T use electric fences...the dinos just zap themselves, get angry, then they will never breed. Use Iron Bar fences and lower the exhibit, or make a pool of water all around the edges.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 04:27:25 PM »
Suitability for which dinos, just the t-rex's?

Here is a suitablility guide:
60% grass
25% gray stone
10% decidous
5% water
3% rocks (fill entire square)
7% brodleaf bush (dont use that other grassland tree, use the bush and fill entire square.)
You can also add some elevation, but don't need it to get 100.
And like Ouch said, lower the exhibit into the ground 2-3 squares then use smaller, normal animal fencing.  They cant jump out and it will save you money.

If there is any other dinos you are having trouble with check at Wisco's

Offline Friend

• Marine Biologist
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2005, 05:49:47 PM »
also make sure that they are not too crowded by guests or a too small exhibit ;)

Offline Typhoon

• Marine Biologist
    • http://s9.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Plaza/index.php?act=idx
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 09:59:08 AM »
All right thanks. Ill try these ideas.

Nikechk91

T Rex Breeding
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2005, 08:39:16 PM »
As much as one tries, sometimes the T-Rex's just don't want to breed!!!! I know there was a hack someone had created to help out but i just got a new computer and I can't remeber where i downloaded it!  Anyone know?

Offline chupacabra

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2005, 01:07:17 PM »
You Must Make The Female Happy To Want To Mate.
Then She'l Be More Likely To Mate Hope That Help's :)

Offline James 24

• Game Warden
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2005, 01:30:39 PM »
I think it was found ages ago(I'm pretty sure this was it) that picking them up and putting them down again had an effect on it. I think it reset their processes and made it more likely for them to breed.... or something to those lines. :happy

Offline chupacabra

• Pooper Scooper
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2005, 04:26:53 PM »
That's When The Dino Keeper's Have All The Training.
And It Realy Work's To.

Offline CoolKid

• Zookeeper
    • Modern Hunting!
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2005, 04:13:59 PM »
I'm Havven a hard time breeding a t rex. Is there a way to help? I researched everything.

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2005, 04:59:54 PM »
Well double check to make sure you researched the T-Rex Care and Scientist Training; that helps a whole bunch. I don't remember if the Animal Feritlity helps the Dinos, or if there is a dino fertility...but be sure you have the fertility things researched too  ;)

Make sure their exhibit is very suitable, and make sure they aren't getting shocked by electric fences if you are using them. You can do this by sinking the exhibit and using normal fencing, or blocking the fence with water or foliage so they don't have access to it.

Happiness is the main key in animal breeding, so be sure their happiness is in the extremely high 90's, preferably 100 most of the time. Also, assign a scientist solely to the T-Rex exhibit.

There was another topic just a few days ago about breeding the T-Rex; it can be found here -> http://zoo.ogresnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=794 It contains a bit more advice.

Offline Wooly Rhino

• Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
    • http://s15.invisionfree.com/shadowstar/index.php?act=idx
T Rex Breeding
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2005, 09:37:22 AM »
You could try assigning 2 scientists to the one exhibit. That sometimes helps too.