Author Topic: Corrupt files?  (Read 4220 times)

Offline GhostWolf

• Pooper Scooper
Corrupt files?
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:01:35 PM »
Ok, heres my deal, a couple of weeks ago I downloaded the Fallow Deer and put it in my game...worked perfectly. But today I tried to download the Black Wolf Varient skin and the White Wolf Varient and once they finished downloading and I go to open the file a message pops up and says "The compressed folder is invalid or corrupt"
can someone please help me and tell me what could be wrong :crying:
thanks

Offline HAL9000

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Corrupt files?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:02:24 PM »
I don't know what the problem is, I would just delete it and redownload.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Corrupt files?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 01:06:11 PM »
Yes delete the files you have and try a redownload. If you get the same messege with the new version you download PM myself or RedNotDead and we will have a look at the files and see what the problem may be.

If anyone else has a problem please post here so we can keep track of what may be causing problems.

Mods please leave this topic open for further postings by members - YR

Offline GhostWolf

• Pooper Scooper
Corrupt files?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 01:08:58 PM »
yeah, i have downloaded them several times but they still dont work

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Corrupt files?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 01:11:20 PM »
OK I'll download them myself and see what the problem might be. It could be a result from the recent site problems experienced a few days ago.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Corrupt files?
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 01:39:29 PM »
The black wolf varient downloaded and opened fine for me. Try this one again.

I got the ivalid zip messege with the white varient so have reuploaded and tested the download. This one downloaded and opened fine.

Note:I used winzip to open both of these zip files.

Offline GhostWolf

• Pooper Scooper
Corrupt files?
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 01:42:09 PM »
ok, well im just using the default downloading program my computer uses. I have tried to download winzip but no luck with that. maybe ill try it again and see if i can fix it. thanks!

Offline DragonGod

• Pooper Scooper
Corrupt files?
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 10:51:58 PM »
The same thing about the file being "invalid"  happens with the King Kong

Offline Hyena Girl

• Zookeeper
  • If anyone dares badmouth hyenas....
    • Cottomn's Petz Plaza (I am known as cottonbunny)
Corrupt files?
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 12:08:35 AM »
I do what most people do: I simply download it again. But it's still annoying. It's often because it might not have been downloaded properly.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
Corrupt files?
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 12:49:48 AM »
You might need to update your WinZip, as the files might have been compressed using 'enhanced deflate'. The latest version can be found at http://www.winzip.com

Offline Penguin.Lover

• Pooper Scooper
Files Not Downloading Right!!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 02:05:04 PM »
HELP! ok every time i try downloading AESOME stuff that you guys have put on here i keep getting a " cannot open zip file becuase it is invalid or currupted. now i am downloading a winzip110. maybe that will work. BUT PLEASE tell me how to use it!!! i really want to download a lot of your awesome animals and skins!!!!!!!! but it won't let me!:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:  please help

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
Corrupt files?
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »
Other than making sure that you have the latest version of winzip (which it sounds like you've taken care of). One other thing I know of that might be happening is that the connection may be getting interrupted (which will result in you getting that message). You may also need to turn off your firewalls prior to downloading. Just delete those you downloaded and try again.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 02:17:51 PM by Nique »

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Corrupt files?
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 02:19:14 PM »
Quote from: Penguin.Lover;157599
HELP! ok every time i try downloading AESOME stuff that you guys have put on here i keep getting a " cannot open zip file becuase it is invalid or currupted. now i am downloading a winzip110. maybe that will work. BUT PLEASE tell me how to use it!!! i really want to download a lot of your awesome animals and skins!!!!!! but it won't let me!  please help

Also, let us know which version of ZT you have - ZT1 or ZT2 and which expansions you have. This will enable us to help you better and move this to the correct forum.

Offline Penguin.Lover

• Pooper Scooper
Corrupt files?
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 02:33:56 PM »
ok. man im so like mad and sad! i've turned off my firewall. now that thing about the connection tell me more about that! this is for ZT2 and i have ES,AA, and im getting marine mania and hopefully dino digs

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Corrupt files?
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 02:47:47 PM »
Calm down :happy: A connection interruption simply means that somehow the connection between the cable, your computer, and the internet could possibly be getting interrupted somehow. What kind of internet connection do you have? Also, do you have any type of download manager? Which web browser do you have?

Offline Penguin.Lover

• Pooper Scooper
Corrupt files?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 03:13:50 PM »
i have...um...earthlink but we're getting D.S.L. super fast. well i have downloaded the winzip!!!! so should i try downloading something?!?! i hope it works!! YAY!!!

Offline Penguin.Lover

• Pooper Scooper
Corrupt files?
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 03:20:08 PM »
***ok i downloaded the white tiger and this is what i got please help me!!!!

The Zip file cannot be opened. If this Zip file is part of a multiple-disk set, please insert the last disk of the set and try again (this is required by the standard Zip multi-disk format). You may subsequently be prompted to insert other disks from the set.

If you downloaded this file, the most likely cause of this problem is a bad download. The best solution is almost always to download the file again. If this does not solve the problem, see the WinZip web site for hints on resolving download problems.

If you did not download this file, and it is not part of a multiple-disk set, it is either not a valid Zip file or it is corrupt, perhaps because of a bad diskette.

[modnotice=mikaboshi]Please use the edit button rather than double post. Thank you. [/modnotice]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 03:22:54 PM by mikaboshi »

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Corrupt files?
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 03:24:07 PM »
Does it give you this error with every file you download or just the white tiger?

Offline Penguin.Lover

• Pooper Scooper
Corrupt files?
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 03:44:57 PM »
every time...i tried downloading 2 things...penuin packs and the white tiger...so now what do i do? man im so crushed....1st i thought it was working then got excited and it slapped me in the face...life sucks sometimes eh? so...what do i do?

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Corrupt files?
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 04:08:27 PM »
What web browser are you using? Internet Explorer? Firefox?

Offline Penguin.Lover

• Pooper Scooper
Corrupt files?
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 06:15:23 PM »
enternet explorer

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Corrupt files?
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 06:33:49 PM »
Try downloading and using Mozilla Firefox; I've never had a problem downloading with that. Ask permission before installing new software though

Offline DragonGod

• Pooper Scooper
Corrupt files?
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 05:03:04 AM »
I Tried That And I Still Cant Download Anything!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh...:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Offline Nightcryfox

• Pooper Scooper
Corrupt files?
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 09:50:20 PM »
Yep, today I've had that same problem. I had a huge list of animals that I'd downloaded, both official and user made, and they are all corrupt. How annoying! If it means anything, I've tried using both winzip and winRar, and I'm over my download limit (although other downloads are working perfectly). Please help!

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Corrupt files?
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 04:47:43 AM »
Merging similar threads as it is unnecessary to have so many dedicated to the same questions and answers :thumbsup: