Author Topic: ZT2 User Created DL Support  (Read 23583 times)

º•ºMakaº•º

ZT2 User Created DL Support
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2005, 01:35:38 PM »
ok, how many people out there have been able to get the Somalien Wildass to work?? I know there are directions, but I've followed them over and over and they still aren't working for me! :( can someone help?

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2005, 09:14:55 PM »
So I'm having a similar problem with the "downloads" folder in Z2..I've downloaded official downloads from BlueFang, using the in-game download engine...and I made sure that my settings are set to show hidden files and folders...yet there is no download folder. Anyone else experience this?

ALso, I have questions with the downloads for ZT2 for the scenario/hacks. I've seen queries about animals and content, but none for the hacks. I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it and put it in the main ZT2 file...and I don't think it's working. Do I have to put it in another folder/should i move it to the "downloads" folder (which I've now created?)

Does anyone know? I'm also a little confused as to what the "World Biomes" hack does exactly and does it affect ALL the profiles?

Has anyone used this or the other hacks?

Thanks

:blink

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2005, 09:34:43 PM »
For those of you having trouble finding the downloads folder.

First open windows explorer NOT my computer.

look at the pic and follow where it shows you to look for your folder.

if placing them im the downloads folder does not work try placing them in the zootycoon_com_zt2_1033 folder found in the downloads folder.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2005, 11:35:09 AM »
Originally posted by Honor@Jun 24 2005, 05:14 AM
So I'm having a similar problem with the "downloads" folder in Z2..I've downloaded official downloads from BlueFang, using the in-game download engine...and I made sure that my settings are set to show hidden files and folders...yet there is no download folder. Anyone else experience this?

ALso, I have questions with the downloads for ZT2 for the scenario/hacks. I've seen queries about animals and content, but none for the hacks. I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it and put it in the main ZT2 file...and I don't think it's working. Do I have to put it in another folder/should i move it to the "downloads" folder (which I've now created?)

Does anyone know? I'm also a little confused as to what the "World Biomes" hack does exactly and does it affect ALL the profiles?

Has anyone used this or the other hacks?

Thanks

:blink
scenerios go into your saved games folder and you load them as a saved game

as for all the other user created animals we have available here  all i can say is they work fine in my game (they have to cos its poor old me that has to test them first:rofl).  my game is the english version and has the offical patch (i dont know if this makes any differnnce).  htey show up ok in my download panel and show up in both a freeform game and a challenge game.

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2005, 09:58:26 PM »
Thanks Red and Yellow (grin). I figured it out now. Sorry took so long to reply. Haven't played in a while because I was neglecting life. Heh. Wound up I was looking in the wrong folder. Duh.
I'm still a little scared to put non official objects/animals/scenarios into my program, so I haven't tried it again but it should work when I do.

Thanks again! :lol

Offline Black Panther

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2005, 10:26:02 PM »
I don't have "application data". Is there anything else I can use? Don't worry found it.

Offline Ailurus

• Zookeeper
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2005, 12:21:05 PM »
I swear that /documents and settings/all users/application data/microsoft games/zt2/downloads does not exist on my computer i have typed it into the address bar on my computer i have shown all hidden files and sorry yellowrose but your pic doesn't help because my computer is microsoft ME (millenium edition) and not xp so there isn't such a file as Documentas and settings.

Bizarre

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »
I have downloaded lots of ST's downloads, all of them have worked but the Somalian Wild Donkey. I have extracted it to the correct folder and everything, and tried re-downloaing the file and re-putting it in the folder. But it still doesn't show up.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2005, 12:45:43 PM »
merging with topic on user created downloads.

Vahn

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2005, 02:00:31 PM »
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2 i get this far on my xp and the download folder doesnt exsist i checked hidden folders i even made a new folder but it still doesnt work :( it getting anoying and i dont know how to fix it.  :help

nevermind i found it

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2005, 02:04:49 PM »
thats because you are looking in  the wrong place on windows Xp its this route you have to go

c/documents and settings//all users/application data/microsoft games/zt2/downloads

Offline karlhall39

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »
there is another way if you click on the zip click onthe folder then when you reach the dl and folder saying the animals name you copy them two in to the main folder for zt2 it still aperares also save it somewhere other than that folder save it to the desktop first

Vahn

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2005, 03:15:46 PM »
i got mine to work now mostly 2 things wont work oh well

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2005, 09:56:50 AM »
I downloaded silesian tomcats siberian tiger and saved it into the correct downloads folder but when I open the game up it is not in there.  There are two different files.  One is SiberianTiger.z2f and the other is Siberiantiger.dl.   I had no problem downloading his Somalian wild ***.  Please help.

Edit:  there are also two other files in the folder. 1015_1.0 (which is empty) and ZooTycoon_com_zt2_1033, which holds all of Bluefangs downloads.

Offline Gibbon-Fanatic

• ZA Designer
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://s12.invisionfree.com/zootoria/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2005, 08:46:18 PM »
the racoon from ztc won't show up in game i have tried everything although it is in the downloads list in game

Offline JohnZTMaster

• Zookeeper
    • JohnVMaster's Hideout
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2005, 08:51:45 PM »
Well It works for me like this:
I go to C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Micorsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon 2/downloads/
There are three ways you can do this

A): Unzip the extracted folder (silesiantomcat, czar etc.) to the main downloads folder.

B): Go into zootycoon_com_zt2_1033 and unzip the dl file and the folder with the z2f file inside to there.

C): If neither of the above work, go to 1022 and unzip the z2f file in there.

King Kong, Deinochus and Racoon all should go in 1022, because creating a new folder for the z2f never works.

Offline boblus

• Affiliates
  • Zookeeper
    • http://s7.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Tycoon_Gold/
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2005, 04:01:21 AM »
Ok, I've tried placing the Arabian Oryx and Siberian Tiger in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads and the zootycoon_com_zt2_1033 file but when I go on my game and go to the Downloads section on the main menu, nothing comes up except for the official downloads I downloaded and a little beepbeepbeep sound. It's strange I know but can someone please help me?

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2005, 04:28:38 AM »
:blink I've never had that happen...
But I need help with SWA to I put it in pretty much every possible folder and it shows up in downlaod just not in games... :(
Boblus try redownlaoding.

Offline boblus

• Affiliates
  • Zookeeper
    • http://s7.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Tycoon_Gold/
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2005, 06:00:54 AM »
Oh, it's worked! WOOHOO! :w00t  :w00t I just needed to put in ALL the files instead of just one. I'm on top of the world! :lol Tigeress, what you need to do is put both of the files, inside the download, into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads and then zootycoon_com_zt2_1033. After you've done that, put your downloads in the right order on each file e.g Yellow files: Tiger, Bear. and then on the white files the same order. The kodiak bear didnt work until i did that.
hope this helps

Offline aledawen

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2005, 10:06:04 PM »
I figured out the animals now how do you get the maps to work? :help

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »
right maps

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Default Profile\Saved

Jedi Jimmy

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2005, 12:29:28 PM »
Originally posted by Yellowrose@Jun 23 2005, 10:34 PM
For those of you having trouble finding the downloads folder.

First open windows explorer NOT my computer.

look at the pic and follow where it shows you to look for your folder.

if placing them im the downloads folder does not work try placing them in the zootycoon_com_zt2_1033 folder found in the downloads folder.
Thanks it worked!

Barnowl

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2005, 06:12:18 AM »
I know how to get the downloads in the game but recently my downloads have been coming up corrupted. Please help me. :(

Offline Ailurus

• Zookeeper
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2005, 12:44:52 AM »
I still can't get mine to work. And i don't have xp i have me (millenium edition) so how do i find the folder on my computer?

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2005, 12:56:24 AM »
SWA works now. Thanx Boblus!