Author Topic: Endangered Species Zoo  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Gaspode

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Endangered Species Zoo
« on: July 05, 2006, 11:10:22 AM »
Dear all,

Can anyone give me any pointers on what to do in order to encourage the black leopards to... well, produce more black leopards. I played this scenario 3 times in the last two days and can get all requirements except the baby black leopard. I have 100 suitability and 96 happiness for those guys and they still won't deliver the goods!

No wonder they're endangered!

Yours frustratedly,

Gaspode.

edited spam not relvant and do not try to bypass the censors!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 11:15:36 AM by RedNotDead »

Offline kiger

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »
It's takes time. Just make their exhibit as sutiable as you can. Put treees untill they are madput rocks untill they are mad. and make sure they have enough of each flooring. and a cat climbing tree.

edited please do not retype or quote spam and profanity
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 11:19:27 AM by RedNotDead »

Offline Gaspode

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 11:22:20 AM »
Thanks, Kiger!

I've done that (100 suitability, remember?) and it don't make'em do it!

I'm at my wits' end here, mate.

G.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 12:01:14 PM by Gaspode »

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 11:29:06 AM »
-Do not put water in the exhibit. They hate water.
-Only put one viewing window for the guests and make the rest of the walls solid.

This may help.

Offline Gaspode

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 11:33:54 AM »
Thanks Zoohio! I'll certainly try that.

I guess they're a bit shy. I han't thought of that...

:blushing:

G.

Offline Gaterade

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 10:13:20 PM »
Somtimes they need more privacy even if the guest arnt crowding them

Offline Firehawke

• "Ooh, look---it's a frog!"
  • Game Warden
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 03:33:27 PM »
Also, it helps to have more than 1 pair.  It's my experience that the more exhibits and mating pairs that a zoo has, the more likely you are to get that particular baby.

Offline princess_serenity14616

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 10:14:08 AM »
I need complete help with this scenario. I can't get the guest happiness rating past 83. I don't know which animals to use. How to set up the zoo to please everyone animals and humans. Help!

Edit - topics merged, please check that your topic does not exist before creating a new one, using the search engine can help - alloy61
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:21:34 AM by alloy61 »

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 11:25:38 PM »
Quote from: princess_serenity14616
I need complete help with this scenario. I can't get the guest happiness rating past 83. I don't know which animals to use. How to set up the zoo to please everyone animals and humans. Help!

Edit - topics merged, please check that your topic does not exist before creating a new one, using the search engine can help - alloy61

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:  I did search and read this post. This post is about the Black Leopard. I need help with the whole scenario.
I have a question the moderators of this group. Do you actually read the post before you delete them or change there locations? It seems to me that alot of things get changed and moved that don't need to be.

Offline Firehawke

• "Ooh, look---it's a frog!"
  • Game Warden
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 09:28:05 PM »
Here are some tips on how to keep the guests happy: use restaurants instead of food courts.  Place your exhibits close together so the guests don't have to walk as far to see different animals.  Use flowers and other landscaping materials, and hire a few tour guides.
Animals: Aside from the White Bengal Tiger, Black Leopard, and Okapi, I would use regular bengal tigers, African lions, giraffes, and other animals that are fairly low maintainence but keep the guests happy.  Give the animals plenty of space, but try to keep the exhibits all fairly close together.  Happy animals=happy guests!
And just focus on filling up the front part of the zoo instead of trying to fill the whole zoo.  Hope this helps!  And don't forget to do your research!

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 12:12:03 PM »
could someone maybe please post some pics of thier endangered species scenario zoos?

Offline Lobelia Overhill

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 07:56:04 AM »
I've reloaded ZT on 3 computers and noticed every time that the Endangered Spieces scenario never lets you win the first 2 times you try...

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 08:01:20 AM »
That was a difficult scenario for me too--couldn't get it the first time, but did win it the second time! That was 3 years ago. I should probably try it again and see what happens. I haven't done any of the scenarios since we loaded it on to our computer after installing XP (for the first time) last year. One thing I'm always careful about are the Okapis and the Black Leopards--I always put them at the very back of the zoo in corners with very few viewing windows so they'll have babies. The other animals usually breed pretty well for me.

Offline Fuzzy

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Zoo
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 10:56:20 PM »
Quote from: Gaspode
Dear all,

Can anyone give me any pointers on what to do in order to encourage the black leopards to... well, produce more black leopards. I played this scenario 3 times in the last two days and can get all requirements except the baby black leopard. I have 100 suitability and 96 happiness for those guys and they still won't deliver the goods!

No wonder they're endangered!

Yours frustratedly,

Gaspode.

edited spam not relvant and do not try to bypass the censors!

Wow... I had this same problem, even though I can get them to breed easily in other scenarios, they just wouldn't. I tried everything, I MEAN everything, I even reinstalled the game incase it was a glitch. It drove me crazy, and now I've completely given up on scenarios :crying: . But enough of my sob story I'll try to help you out if it still won't work with the other tips, but for now I wish you luck:thumbsup:

Offline ilovesimgolf

• Pooper Scooper
Try moving the female back in!
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 11:48:29 AM »
This is a hard scenario. I said in other posts that I once used the Akiyama cheat to look at the scenarios, and this one seamed hard. Try and put the exhibit at the back with NO windows. :huh: Strange? This gives them more privacy. Make the zookeeper a little blockade of flowers around the entrance and asign him. This will help especially if you have Zookeeper Training 1 (makes animals : :) : ) Then try picking up the female and putting her back in, as this will make the computer re-checkt the suitability for breeding. Make sure you have animal fertility researched. Then hope for the best:thumbsup: ! Also check Wisco's Zoo Tycoon guides here. They really help.

The best of luck :thumbsup: ,

ilovesimgolf