Author Topic: arctic wolves unhappy  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Popcorn

• Pooper Scooper
arctic wolves unhappy
« on: July 05, 2006, 11:08:50 PM »
Hi, I just started playing Zoo Tycoon and I'm having problems with the arctic wolf.

I placed everything the zookeeper suggested but they are still unhappy and I can't figure out why. I tried testing this with different numbers too, and gave each wolf a mate (from 2 to 6 wolves) but they all end up really unhappy for some reason.  I also read the info about them but didn't find any clues as to what I could be doing wrong : :( :  

Can anyone help me with this?

thanks

Offline Renee

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/picturesque__
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 11:14:32 PM »
Hum. I just put rocks, terrain, and shelters until they get mad. Half the time I end up defying the zoo keeper.

Also, they like perfectly flat terrain. That strikes me as odd, but there's nothing I can do [without A.P.E., but that's something else altogether].

I don't know what else to say. Good luck.

Offline Gaterade

• Zookeeper
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 11:15:08 PM »
Somtimes you just need to start fresh or sell and by new wolfes also try picking one up and puttiing it back down over and over again als odo this wit hthe zoo keeper.

If you want more help please post the size of your exibit and the number of animals

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 11:18:29 PM »
they also like a lot of privicy - i tend to surrond the walls with the iceburg and use lots of little rocks as you get smilies faces for each rock and so you get more smile faces if you use small rocks rather than large rocks.  i also add one square at a time of their terrain until i get an unhappy face then take away the last one i placed.

Offline mintralcat

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 11:19:45 PM »
they love lots of rocks

Offline Gaterade

• Zookeeper
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 11:22:04 PM »
35 Tiles per animal, 85% sutibillity
80% snow, 15% grey rock, 5% fresh water, 8% rocks, 0% foliage

Offline Popcorn

• Pooper Scooper
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 08:49:29 AM »
Thanks you guys, but I've done all this.  The zookeeper DOES say that the environment is suitable for the wolves... that's why I don't understand why they are still unhappy... how does one even go about knowing how to make them happy once it says that the environment is suitable... I've tried repositioning, reselling then buying new ones all at once etc... I counted the tiles and the thing is HUGE, more than 35 tiles per wolf...

I guess, basically my question is : if the zookeeper says it is suitable, how can they still be unhappy?? And how to know for sure in the game how to make them happy since apparently when it's "suitable" it's not really "suitable" after all... : :) :

i'll keep trying following some of these suggestions  (after all, I'm having fun doing this :D, I'm just worried if it's a glitch with the arctic wolves or something like that...and i just bought the game 3 days ago)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 09:00:00 AM by Popcorn »

Offline Gaspode

• Copa Cabana
  • Pooper Scooper
    • http://
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 10:01:29 AM »
You need the right amount of space for them. You need a pack of about four and very often the exhibit turns out to be too small...

But I gather that's not the issue here: "exhibit is well suited", as you say. Sometimes all you can do is, once you have the exhibit just right, to sell them and buy all new ones. Don't ask me why, but it has worked for me in the past. I suppose sometimes you're just unlucky enough to buy a curmudgeonous pack of wolves...

Best o' luck!

G.

Offline Gaterade

• Zookeeper
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 01:04:51 PM »
Try all the tips one at a time and see if they want more rocks even if the Zoo Keeper says its well suited PS could you show us some pictures just incase your missing something we can help with.

Offline Popcorn

• Pooper Scooper
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 08:35:45 PM »
it's from "Holiday Tree Farm" scenario

first image was right after it said that it was suitable

second image I added rocks but the wolves were still unhappy (and it still said "exhibit is well suited...")

forgot to add : there are four wolves (two females, two males) (the image turned out kinda small)

thanks for the help :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:47:20 PM by Popcorn »

Offline Gaterade

• Zookeeper
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 08:58:59 PM »
Try getting rid of that green foliage in your exhibit I dont think they liek tha ttype of foilage

Offline Renee

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/picturesque__
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 10:27:32 PM »
Add more of those formations [unless when you put them in they give off red faces]. They like tons of those.

Offline Popcorn

• Pooper Scooper
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 09:19:45 AM »
yep, I thought when the smilies were done going up that I should just stop placing things... I was being even more liberal with the rocks this time and it worked!

Thanks! :specool:

Offline ilovesimgolf

• Pooper Scooper
Try adding Lots of them
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 08:38:32 PM »
The trick with arctic wolves is to experiment with adding lots of them, then removing them. I did this in a freeform game and they got VERY happy. Try removing the animals and buying new ones, or if all else fails go to Wisco's Zoo Tycoon and Check the suitability guide.

All the best of luck : :) : , Maybe just take a moment to look at the information about arctic wolves, and Hope for the Best! : :) :

ilovesimgolf

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Cool Cat
arctic wolves unhappy
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 09:59:40 PM »
As Popcorn now seems to have happy arctic wolves, this is now :s_closed: