Author Topic: Carnivore Zoo  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Popcorn

• Pooper Scooper
Carnivore Zoo
« on: July 15, 2006, 06:46:46 AM »

Having problems with Dino digs : Carnivore Zoo scenario.  I cannot, for the life of me,get the Hyena's exhibit to 85 (which is one of the criteria for the scenario) it's stuck at 84! I tested tile by tile, tree by tree, I made sure everything i set there was 'till the last happy faces etc... any suggestions?

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
Carnivore Zoo
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 07:19:09 AM »
Where you have the trees - if you can fit 4 to a square, then fill the square with trees (example would be the Acacia the the bottom of the pic).  Do the same thing with the small rocks.  I generally keep adding rocks/foliage until I get red faces when placing the 2nd item in a square - I ignore the 1st red face - this only applies to items that fit 4 to a square.

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
Carnivore Zoo
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 07:44:15 AM »
Can you add more hyenas?  They like a crowd, so try adding more.

Offline Popcorn

• Pooper Scooper
Carnivore Zoo
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 07:45:31 AM »
it worked!!

How did you figure that out tazlover? I usually just stopped at the first red face... thanks for the tip ;)   well, after three years of trying to get that exhibit right, now my dinosaurs died (good thing i savd it right before then)

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
Carnivore Zoo
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 08:33:26 AM »
Yes, Tazlover that is a very valuable tip-for anyone trying to complete that scenario (includes me too!). Thank you very much for sharing this with everyone!

:blushing:

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
Carnivore Zoo
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 05:58:07 PM »
I read it somewhere, just don't remember the source!

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Carnivore Zoo
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 08:12:23 PM »
I'm sure there's lots of places you can find that tip, and it's a good one.  Hit Ctrl + g to turn on the grid, and put 4 plants per square--often the difference in getting suitability up to 100!

Offline ilovesimgolf

• Pooper Scooper
Check out the other Carnivore Zoo thread.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 11:51:58 AM »
Popcorn,

The other Carnivore Zoo thread is almost like a guide, it's so full of info. That would be a good place to look for more if your hyenas are still unhappy. If all else fails, use some suitability guied, like Wisco's or Zoo Tycoon Unleashed.

Good Luck, this is a hard one :thumbsup: ,

ilovesimgolf

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
Carnivore Zoo
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 09:40:21 PM »
Easiest way:
Don´t put only Acacias. Try with Tall Grass or other kinds of african savannah trees; they worked for me. Just put 4 of them per square; and try using small or medium rocks.
That usually works fine.