Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 2519 times)

Offline nabbig2

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help
« on: August 02, 2006, 03:20:40 AM »
Hi, I am pretty new to this website, and in the past it has helped me quite a bit.

I have Zoo Tycoon 2, as well as the African Adventures expansion pack. I want to download the new animals from this website, they look interesting and cool. However, i have gotten very confused and annoyed at how to do this. I have gotten the hidden files to show. When i downloaded the Gray Monitor, i tried to open it. The icon looks like a stack of books. I use Winrar to open it, and I do not know what to do from there, and how to get it to work so I can use the animal in the game. Thankyou you very much for your time and help!

Offline nabbig2

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 03:30:26 AM »
am i supposed to copy or paste anything? please help!

Do not double post. Use the edit button located at the bottom right of your last post to add something.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 07:01:54 AM by Bengal »

Offline nrg800

• Zookeeper
Please Help
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 03:57:13 AM »
I go into program files then Microsoft games then zoo tycoon 2, open the zip files, find the z2f then cut it into the zoo tycoon 2 root menu. hope that helps: :) :

Offline nabbig2

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 03:59:15 AM »
okay  which one is the root menu?
by the way thankyou for helping so far

Offline nabbig2

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 04:02:15 AM »
sorry i am new to this, i have never downloaded an animal aside from the zoo tycoon website.

Offline nabbig2

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 04:09:10 AM »
i am pretty clueless as what to do, can somebody please tell me exactly how to get an animal to use it? I have tried if for hours! :(
Thankyou very much!!!!

Offline nabbig2

• Pooper Scooper
Help Please
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 04:26:22 AM »
can anybody please respond? sorry, i am desperate, have been trying to get downloaded animals from this website to work for HOURS!:crying: none of the help i have seen on this website has solved my problem-do i have to copy or paste anything, or unzip anything from when i download the animals? i can not get it to work, thankyou very much for your help!

Please do not start duplicate topics. This is not a chat room and people do not respond immediately. It may take some time for someone who knows how to help you to post their reply. Merging with previous topic.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 05:18:36 AM by LadyZookeeperNY »

Offline baobob tree

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Please Help
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 06:20:34 AM »
hopefully this will help:

after downloading, click "Run"
hit "extract all files and folders" or "extract" (at least something similar)
it will ask you were you want to put the folder.  therefore, click "Browse."
click on the "C" drive, "documents and settings," "all users," "application data," "microsoft games," "zoo tycoon 2," "downloads."  
doing this will usually get the animals in your game but not objects, buildings, etc.
if an animal doesn't show up in your game, you can also try extracting the folder the same way as before except save it in "zoo tycoon 2," not the downloads subfolder in the zt2 one.

:original: hope this helps and good luck.

Offline nabbig2

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 11:06:07 PM »
thankyou, but how do i Run it? is it the thing that has an icon of books? there is no option to Run it that i can find. Thankyou.

The type is a Winzip i think.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 11:09:51 PM by nabbig2 »

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
Please Help
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 11:13:34 PM »
Okay firstly is the book icon on a panel that opens when you download something and called something like "downloads"? Secondly are there any other options it gives you besides run?

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Please Help
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 11:16:39 PM »
If the icon looks like a stack of books, I'm guessing there will be WinRAR on your computer - this program will also extract the files for you.
Usually just double-clicking on the icon of books will allow you to extract the files. If not I think you can right click on the file, and select 'extract-to' in the dropdown menu.

Offline nabbig2

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 11:22:26 PM »
im not fully sure of what you are saying sorry, but when i download animals it also comes with a folder of the authors/creators of the animal. it does not give me the option of run.

Offline nabbig2

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 11:23:30 PM »
o yes i was responding to the other person who previously replied. it is a winrar. but where exactly do i extract it?

I extracted it in the zoo tycoon 2 folder, i am pretty sure.

okay i wil try that, sorry for double posting, i am new to this website. thankyou

I put the folder in the downloads folder, and it still is not working. Maybe it is just something i am doing wrong??? ......................................
forget it its just messed up it just wont work too much trouble
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 12:09:48 AM by nabbig2 »

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Please Help
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 11:26:11 PM »
please do not doulbe post - and if you ahve the folder thats what you need you just put that folder into the downloads folder you dont need to run the folder

Offline lizardman

• Pooper Scooper
Please Help
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 08:24:46 PM »
Is this the path you use?
 C:/documentsandsettings/allusers/applicationdata/
microsoftgames/zootycoon2/downloads ? If so it should work.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:43:21 PM by csleesburg »

Offline disneypanda127

• COPPA - awaiting parental approval
  • Pooper Scooper
  • I LOVE POTC!!!!!!
Re: Please Help
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 11:17:47 AM »
I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea how to get to the download page of the site! Call me clueless!!!!!
 :snew: :wacko:  :fear: :ohmy

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Re: Please Help
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 11:29:31 AM »
 :welcme to ZA, disneypanda127!  Be sure to go over to the Intros thread and introduce yourself!

One thing you may want to try as you're learning your way around here is the search button.  There are actually a bunch of topics on this already, including this one and an announcement on the main page.  The downloads unfortunately are not up yet due to our recent server move, which is why you can't find them.  Hopefully they will be restored soon, but in the meantime please be patient and have fun exploring the rest of the site.   :)