Author Topic: Zookeeper Collection  (Read 10279 times)

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2006, 12:10:38 PM »
Quote from: wiltaz
So someone new getting this pack will get the latest exe. Someone who already has all three has to get MM to get the latest exe.? No patch for users with all 3 to get them up to date until they get MM????

No, it will be released at the same time as MM, he said.  So we will be able to get MM, and others will be able to get the earlier expansion and MM.  Please correct if I am wrong, this is just the way I understond it.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 12:57:54 PM »
Steve is saying that fixes that come with MM2 will also come with the new Zookeepers Collection. So if you have already bought all of the XPs, the fix will come with MM2. If you HAVEN'T already bought the XPs, and are waiting on MM2, the fixes will also come with the bundled pack. No one is missing out on anything.

Offline baobob tree

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2006, 01:57:04 PM »
Quote from: mikaboshi
Steve is saying that fixes that come with MM2 will also come with the new Zookeepers Collection. So if you have already bought all of the XPs, the fix will come with MM2. If you HAVEN'T already bought the XPs, and are waiting on MM2, the fixes will also come with the bundled pack. No one is missing out on anything.

exactly, nothing new is going to be added in Zookeeper's Collection!

Offline wiltaz

• Pooper Scooper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2006, 06:15:58 PM »
I wasn't saying you're missing anything as in content. What I was trying to verify is either you get the fixes and biome tool changes by buying the Zookeeper Pack or you get it in MM. Basically for someone who already has all three it sounds as if you have to get MM to get the latest exe. Either someone who doesn't care for MM or can't buy it right away will be missing out on bug fixes and tool changes. My point is bug fixes should come in a patch free, not be a required purchase in MM.

Offline baobob tree

• Zookeeper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »
in a way, i agree with you, but in another i don't.  i mean, if i where working for BF (which would be :specool:) and was creating MM2, the main reason for creating this xp is one, to give players new content and two, to try and create new and more efficiant ways for the older content to work even better.  so basically what i'm saying is that while i'm at it, why not fix some bugs that where probamatic before?

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2006, 06:58:15 PM »
I believe Steve said that the ZC would change the biome tool and bugs but you wouldn't get the marine animals.

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2006, 10:00:21 PM »
Quote from: wiltaz
I wasn't saying you're missing anything as in content. What I was trying to verify is either you get the fixes and biome tool changes by buying the Zookeeper Pack or you get it in MM. Basically for someone who already has all three it sounds as if you have to get MM to get the latest exe. Either someone who doesn't care for MM or can't buy it right away will be missing out on bug fixes and tool changes. My point is bug fixes should come in a patch free, not be a required purchase in MM.

While patches should be downloadable if needed, new features shouldn't. Just because BF made some free downloads doesn't mean that every new feature that isn't strictly to one game, like a BIome Brush change, should be free. They need to make money. Thats why some features have to be in only expansions.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2006, 10:03:14 PM »
Yeah, if they gave everything to you for free, where would the incentive be for you to actually BUY anything :laughing:

Offline wiltaz

• Pooper Scooper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2006, 04:28:28 AM »
That's why I specifically said bug fixes should be free. If they released a patch that fixed bugs but you had to get MM to get the tool changes I wouldn't say anything. I'm going to get MM anyway, so it doesn't matter from my standpoint. I was just pointing out that someone who isn't interested in going to Sea World will be stuck with bugs.

Offline Snowstalker

• Scientist
    • http://zoo.ogresnet.com
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2006, 05:18:12 AM »
Thanks for the info, Steve! I'm really excited for MM2.

BTW, crocs actually spend more time underwater than at the surface. You're doing awesome, though!:specool:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 05:23:11 AM by Snowstalker »

Offline lizardlips

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Roonil Wazlib
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2006, 08:43:26 AM »
ZT2: ZK C sounds very nice, Steve, as do the new water features. Can't wait!: :) :

Offline zoocrazy

• Zookeeper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2006, 09:14:16 AM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you!:woot:   The new features sould like they're gonna make the game so much more realistic!:specool:   I can't wait!

Offline Leopard

• Pooper Scooper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2006, 01:33:48 PM »
I'm not going to buy any new expansion packs because I'm waiting for Zoo Tycoon 3! So Im not getting that excited for Marine Mania. I mean did'nt Zoo Tycoon 2 come out just a summer after Complete Collection?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 01:38:07 PM by Leopard »

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2006, 02:21:17 PM »
Pleeeease don't make a ZT3!!  There is so much more that can be done with ZT2!!  Add more dinosaurs, more land animals, why let it all go to start all over?  Sorry if this was off-topic.
I can't wait for MM.  I always liked marine animals in ZT1.

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2006, 04:59:55 PM »
Quote from: Leopard
I'm not going to buy any new expansion packs because I'm waiting for Zoo Tycoon 3! So Im not getting that excited for Marine Mania. I mean did'nt Zoo Tycoon 2 come out just a summer after Complete Collection?

Actuallly ...

1) There has been no confirmation that there is going to even be a ZT3.
2) There really isn't much they can add on a completely new game : the graphics are up-to-date , the game engine is fine , etc. there is nothing to give in a ZT3.
When CC was released it was 2d therefore not up-to-date , there were tons of glitchs , etc.

I really , reall want MM2 it sounds so wickedly awsome. I can tell that I'll have lots of fun with beaches. Also there should be away to let guests swim in lakes you have created. That would be amazing.

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2006, 05:11:15 PM »
: :) : I've always wanted to make a nice sloping beach.  I can't wait for MM2!

Offline PYGMYhippo

• Zookeeper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2006, 02:04:07 PM »
Quote from: dinwrest
Actuallly ...

1) There has been no confirmation that there is going to even be a ZT3.
2) There really isn't much they can add on a completely new game : the graphics are up-to-date , the game engine is fine , etc. there is nothing to give in a ZT3.
When CC was released it was 2d therefore not up-to-date , there were tons of glitchs , etc.

I really , reall want MM2 it sounds so wickedly awsome. I can tell that I'll have lots of fun with beaches. Also there should be away to let guests swim in lakes you have created. That would be amazing.

There is, you just pick them up and put them in the water:laughing: , and I agree about ZT3 there is no need for it they can just make more ZT2 expansions.:original:

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2006, 02:11:47 PM »
Lol , there is that option . But I want like a little building that goes half in water and half out so guests can actually go swimming. Kind of like the things in MM1 . If they have that I also want a buoy fence for guests like the one in MM1 . I loved that thing!

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2006, 02:32:57 PM »
Quote from: PYGMYhippo
There is, you just pick them up and put them in the water:laughing: , and I agree about ZT3 there is no need for it they can just make more ZT2 expansions.:original:

I agree too.  More ZT2 XPs: :) :
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 05:55:54 AM by MarineManiac »

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2006, 03:15:12 PM »
yeah finally now I can get them all for my friend`s brithday because he wanted the

Offline Supercrochunter 2.0

• Pooper Scooper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2006, 07:30:38 PM »
Finally we can talk about

[modnotice=csleesburg]No, you CANNOT. Any MM Beta testing talk is forbidden![/modnotice]

Quote from: BF_SteveW
Also, the landscaping tools will now work underwater, so even though you start with deep or shallow, you can then alter the terrain with hills and trenches. So now you can have beaches sloping down into deep water.

Alright, Steve said it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 11:17:50 AM by Supercrochunter 2.0 »

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2006, 10:52:09 AM »
Quote from: Megaraptor
As excited as i truely am, i'm a little shocked at the Crocodile info. Especially since some species, including niles, ocassionaly sleep on the bottom of rivers and lakes.

I definitely agree with Megaraptor on this one... I have watched documentaries about different Croc species on National Geographic Channel and Animal Planet, and it is common for Crocs to hunt by quietly swimming on the bottom, then make a sudden vertical assault on a prey animal from below!!  On one show, a poor little baby hippopotamus was killed this way :eek:  .... The crocodile was just patiently waiting for the baby to venture far enough away from its mother while playing, that the croc could execute a swift ambush, before the mother could realize what was happening and try to defend the baby!! :surprise: :crying:

Offline samer791

• Pooper Scooper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2006, 01:34:06 PM »
Steve-

What approximately will the MSRP be for the ZKC? Or are you not allowed to discuss that?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 01:36:13 PM by samer791 »

Offline Supercrochunter 2.0

• Pooper Scooper
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2006, 02:25:40 PM »

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
Zookeeper Collection
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »
I'm glad that BF idnt add anything new to the ZC that we wont be getting in another new XP. I didnt like it in CC where you had to buy it to get all the new objects.