Author Topic: map download  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Dave13

• Pooper Scooper
map download
« on: September 18, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »
hi,
i downloaded a map for zt2 called blank grassy map and it doesnt show in game i put it in the microsoft/zt2 folder where i put the animal downloads and they all worked fine, do you have to put the maps somewhere else??
thanks.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
map download
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 11:42:07 AM »
Actually, yes.  You have to put the maps where the saved games go.

It's at C: > Documents and Settings > Your Username > Application Data > Microsoft Games > Zoo Tycoon 2 > Your Profile Name > Saved.

The difference is you're picking your username instead of all users.  :thumbsup:

The fourth post down in THIS TOPIC has a picture of where you can find the folder.

Also, welcome to ZA!!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 11:49:39 AM by Peacenote »

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
map download
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 11:51:22 AM »
Hi Dave,

:welcomean to ZA! First to answer your question, I believe that you do need to put that file in a different location than the animals. You need to save it in your saved games folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\YourProfileName\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Default Profile\Saved

(obviously, replace the YourProfileName, with your name)

Before you leave to do that though, why not go over to our Introductions thread and say Hi! There are always cookies on the hall table, help yourself.

Offline koleking

• Pooper Scooper
Re: map download
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 12:28:54 PM »
I know the thread has moved on from here, but looking at the problem i face exactly the same one!  I'm sort of new still (won't be able to use that one for much longer  :slol:) but could you tell me if the part YourUserName is for example, nique or koleking - like what you have as your username here, or did I misread the thread (again!)

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Re: map download
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 12:54:20 PM »
The User name is whatever you assigned the computer when you installed Windows onto it.