Author Topic: A long time ago, not so far far away....  (Read 32458 times)

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
Re: A long time ago, not so far far away....
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2007, 11:54:27 PM »
Well, I had been here for several years, but I've only joined recently...

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
  • The Valiant Knight, ready to defend at all costs
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2007, 04:52:30 AM »

Well, I had been here for several years

Years??!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Why didn't you join sooner though? Not many people can say they were here for years before joining. :)

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2007, 04:53:53 AM »
I've been here for several years but it was only last year that I had really became obsessed with this site and decided to join.

Offline Zookreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Scientist
« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2007, 06:47:15 AM »
You guys are getting off topic again. The Warden might get you! This thread is for the History of ZA and memories of it's past. Being a member for a few months doesn't give you enough mileage to chit chat here.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2007, 08:33:13 PM »
Whoops! I DO have memories here, as I told you, I've been here for years, even though I just became a member. Don't I have a right to post what I remember from then!?

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »
Yes you do but we would prefer you use the other posts here as an example and make your post. Not use the thread as a chat thread with other members as it just clogs the topic with unecessary posts that have to be sifted through to find the ones that are actually on topic and related to the ZA memories of the members. This post and the other off topic chat posts will be removed and moved off the board so this topic can remain for some of our older members to read and respond to with their memories of the early days of Zoo Admin.

Offline TigerTail

• Zookeeper
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2007, 04:41:16 PM »
My, my.. Reading this is about to make me cry.  I'm serious.

It was a few years ago that I joined ZA, after seeing my brother browsing the site.
Once I joined I took a liking to three members--DolphinDiver, Wolfclan4545[I believe the numbers are] and Unicornzhorn.
People I remember most:  Mo, AussieKoala, YellowRose, Tex, DolphinDiver, UnicornzHorn, Rednotdead, James24.
I remember how YellowRose came up with her name.  How random is that?  I joined in 2004, I believe.  That's 3 years ago I read that, and I remember how one person came up with her name? Woah.

I remember I was inactive for some time.  I returned, and Mo was a mod [very proud, Mo!]
So many new members, and I just felt I was forgotten.  Became inactive again.  I just could not stay here at ZA once I left.  There are many memories for me to share, but I don't want my mom being like "O.o" because I'm like " :boohoo:".
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 05:03:42 PM by TigerTail »

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2007, 11:50:39 AM »
Hey TigerTail glad to see you popping in again.

We don't totally forget about members but when you don't pop in on a regular basis or post often it is hard to remember everyone when you have as many members as ZA does.

I'm flattered that you remmeber how I got my username. Sometimes stories relating to these things no matter how small have a way of just sticking with you because you can relate sometimes to what has happened to that person or because it's something you may want to do yourself some day.

Pop in and say hello more often even if you don't play any longer we always like to see our members pop in and let us know how they are faring in life after ZT.

Offline pettamapossum

• Pooper Scooper
  • Tree huggin' animal nerd
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2007, 10:20:10 PM »
I joined ZA about maybe 3 years ago or more. Before ZT2 (I don't like ZT2, just the first one.) I don't remember how long I was on, but I downloaded lots of animals I still have today. I left. When I returned (today) my profile was gone, so I made it again.

:iloveZA:

Offline badisbadis101

• Senior Zookeeper
    • My Projects
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2007, 06:39:01 AM »
Well, i got zt1 for christmas one year(cant remember when) after my mom saw it in a magazine. I played for years, and enjoyed the game without any user content.

Fast forward to when zoo tycoon 2 came out. I just starting browsing websites, and came across hundreds of zt1 DLs. THen, after days of searching, i came across the 8  or so DL's at zoo tycoon center, and couldnt figure out how to get them in game. EVery day i would try, and every day i would fail.

Finally, i got them in game (dunno how, but i did!). I started searching for more DL's, and came across bunches of them here. those were the days were the only DLs were by STC, PM, Sideshowbob, and OTterlord. I downloaded all of them, and checked back regularly for more.

on June 18, 2006, at 07:38:14 AM, i registered. (PS i only know this cuz i looked at my profile;))

THen, i found APE 2, started to design, became an active member here, and so on.

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2007, 02:24:56 PM »
Well, I think I remember Texgnome being here a long time ago.

Offline Iriri

• Marine Biologist
    • http://clix.to/ztmasters
« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2007, 03:49:01 PM »
I met my best friend, Frogman, on ZA nearly six years ago.  He will be marrying me next month. :) :eggwub

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2007, 05:43:31 PM »
Iriri,

I didn't get to know you or Frogman that well before you both stopped popping in here but I'm so glad to here your news.

Congrats to both of you and I wish you both a long life of happiness. Pop in more often even if just to say the odd hello.

Frogmans bridges are still a popular download here and around the community and as a designer he is missed. He is also missed as a staff member here.

Agin I wish the both of you all the best. Take care of each othe r and I hope to see you every so often to say hello.

Offline Red-Panda-Freak

• Zookeeper
« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2007, 07:20:19 AM »
Congratulations Iriri and Frogman! I wish you all the best.

I got ZT2 as a birthday present back in 2005.  I played it until like 11 at night, then barely slept because i was so busy designing exhibits in my head.  When my computer decided to have a cow, i was super depressed, partly because I had just ordered AA. But somehow (i didn't do anything, which is the wierd part) it started working again a couple of weeks ago for the first time in a year.
That's pretty much my story.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2007, 06:44:10 PM »
Congrats Iriri and Frogman.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2007, 09:37:04 AM »
TigerTail!  Hey, I remember you! =D  Long time no see, eh?  *goes crazy*  It's good to see you popping in, I can't believe I didn't see this until now!

And btw, I also remember how Yellowrose came up with her name.  Can't remember where I read it, but it's stuck in my memory too.   :blink:

Big congrats, Iriri and Frogman!  Best wishes to you both. :)

Offline frinkyman

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »
Congrats Iriri and Frogman, best of luck.  I know Frogman is a big rollercoaster fan, so I am envisioning a Cedar Park Honeymoon  :egggrin.

Good to see you around zookreeper it has been a while.

Offline Zookreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Scientist
« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2007, 05:57:38 PM »
Frinkyman! Good to see you here again!! Most of the folks you knew way back when are still here. Drop by often and say hello!

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2007, 08:53:28 AM »
Congrats Iriri and Frogman.  I think I played my first zoo tycoon game in 03 (the original).  It could have been before then though.