Author Topic: A few hacks are being tempermental.  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Hope

• Pooper Scooper
A few hacks are being tempermental.
« on: October 14, 2006, 05:17:51 PM »
This has been bothering me for some time. Just some problems I've been having with some of the various downloads from here. I had ZT1, then puchased CC.

Swimming Wolf - They don't swim! How do I install these? Where?
Free Paths - ZT are free, but the MM or DD ones are not.
Free Staff - The marine spec and tour guide are working for nothing, but the zoo keeper, scientist and maintenence aren't.

Another problem I have been having is when I try to either move or delete a tank filter, the game crashes!

I would like to sort through my many downloads, but not sure how to do that. I don't want to delete anything important in the main folder.

:wacko: :surrender:unsure:

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 07:20:17 PM »
Where did you put the downloads? They should be put in the dlupdate folder.

Offline Hope

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 11:50:42 PM »
Indeed they both are. (Path and staff.) I've had them in both that and the regular Updates folder. Neither work. :unsure:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:04:53 AM »
another question do you have any other hacks?  as hacks can overwrite themselves you cant have more than 1 animal hack 1 staff hack one path/objects hack etc.

and another silly question You have unzipped the files? some people do forget (i have done so before)

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 02:29:44 AM »
I've tested the swimming wolf hack with no hacks and it still doesn't work.

Offline flamethrower

• Game Warden
    • http://www.pftq.com
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 02:33:47 AM »
Do not unzip the swimming wolf update (pixigger).  That file is already in ready-to-use state.  Yes, it is in a zip file, but that's what ZT files really are.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 04:01:37 AM »
Quote from: flamethrower;147217
Do not unzip the swimming wolf update (pixigger).  That file is already in ready-to-use state.  Yes, it is in a zip file, but that's what ZT files really are.

Actually the file has been updated and it now is a ztd file inside a zip file so it DOES NEED UNZIPPING.  all files in the old incorrect format were updatd when we changed the database over.

Offline flamethrower

• Game Warden
    • http://www.pftq.com
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 04:57:52 PM »
Well it wasn't a ztd when I checked just last night. :P Better redownload then if you downloaded before that.

Offline Hope

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 05:55:20 PM »
I have a LOT of downloads in the Updates folder from before I "upgraded" to CC. :p I do unzip them, yes. I'll go try the wolf one now.

What do you mean only 1 path/staff/animal?

Edit - Nope, no swimming wolves. :p I unzipped the (new) ztd into the dlupdates.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 06:13:36 PM by Hope »

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 11:27:26 PM »
What i meant is you cant have more than one hack that affect a certain type of action - you cant have say a staff hack for making staff free AND the swimming staff hack.  You cant have Like the easy animals hack AND the swimming wolves hack.  You cant have the happy guests hack AND the H[LOWER]ACK THAT ALLOWS YOUR GUESTS TO WEAR ANIMAL COSTUMES ETC.[/LOWER]

Offline Hope

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 11:53:08 PM »
Oh, okay. I got you. I don't have the easy animals hack (What fun is that? :P), but do have the swimming staff hack. But yet in my last game the staff were free anyway? But of course then they didn't swim. :P I'll delete the swimming one now. But the wolves still don't swim. :S MM and DD paths still weren't free, either.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 11:57:53 PM »
the Paths one may of been made before MM and DD were released will check that out for you - as for the swimming wolves will check out the coding for that - also do you ahve any other type of animal hack apart from teh wolves one.

ok checking the paths one - it is only for the original zt paths the MM and DD paths are not included in the file

checked the wolves one and they are both correct the files are written so the animals swim so it could be you have another animal hack that is overwriting it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:03:58 AM by RedNotDead »

Offline Hope

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 01:56:41 PM »
Okay. Thanks. :)

Off the top of your head, any idea what others could be interfering with the wolves?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 11:53:54 PM »
well the other animal hacks i can think of are the animal imoratiliy hack, more baby animals hack (both from here) but if you have any other hacks from ohter sites they could also be the problem.

Offline Hope

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 12:32:11 AM »
Neither of those. This is the only site I download from, too. :S

Offline woodchip

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 06:01:12 AM »
Hope, thanks for starting this topic, I just installed both swimming hacks last night and had the same problem. I'm glad I read this.  For me it was easy, I can't live without the hacks I currently use so I deleted them.  What might be helpful to you is that I only use five.  They are: double capacity shelters, free staff, only male in show (both orca and dolphin) and the one that extends the time between shows.  I would think It has to be one of those five or the swimming wolf hack simply doesn't work.  If you find a solution or what the confict is I'd be curious... please post.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 06:03:22 AM by woodchip »

Offline Hope

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 01:46:46 PM »
As for the swimming wolf, I just tried it without any other hacks or downloads and... nothing. :-S

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Re: A few hacks are being tempermental.
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 12:57:12 AM »

I also downloaded the Swimming Wolves Update Hack, and the Mud Terrain Hack from here. I had to delete the Swimming Wolves update when I tried both the Arctic and Gray Wolves and got a Red Message saying that they had to be put on Land and couldn't swim. Plus, neither of them turned Green. I used the Ice Age Scenario map because that's the Scenario I'm on anyways, and it has tons of water. I haven't checked to see if the mud terrain hack works. I'm not sure how to do that. Just start putting water someplace, I guess.

Kim