Author Topic: Things Not To Do In Zt2  (Read 59869 times)

Offline gallopracer992

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2006, 05:07:41 PM »
Quote from: andypvera;152150
You are right because when you put a sea lion they stalk the turtles every 5 min. Then eventually they get eaten. Sad.:crying:

A way to tell if your animal is going to get eaten is to read the message of what your preditor animal is doing. If the message says that the preditor is stalking your animal, then it's ok. If the message says that the animal is hunting the prey animal, then you better go rescue your critter because your predator is going to have lunch.:dindin:

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #251 on: October 30, 2006, 05:27:02 PM »
never drop guests in a tank full of hungry great whites, lol. but on a more serious note, why cant sharks eat people?

Offline Hyena Girl

• Zookeeper
  • If anyone dares badmouth hyenas....
    • Cottomn's Petz Plaza (I am known as cottonbunny)
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2006, 03:38:21 AM »
eye_of_the_tiger, the Great White sharks don't eat the guests because it's a myth that they are maneaters. Sometimes in the wild, they make attack a surfer because they mistaken them for prey, but they usually spit them back out again. I guess Microsoft wanted to make it more realistic so that's why the sharks don't eat anyone.

In ZT2, you shouldn't feed a live lizard to any user-made animals that came out before AA. They just hunt them for hours at a time, and get really hungry, thirsty and miserable.

Offline MidnightCat

• Pooper Scooper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #253 on: November 26, 2006, 02:39:30 PM »
Quote from: Hyena Girl;152882
In ZT2, you shouldn't feed a live lizard to any user-made animals that came out before AA. They just hunt them for hours at a time, and get really hungry, thirsty and miserable.

so that's why my fantasy wolves went into the red...XD

never have free-roaming secretary birds. it ain't pretty XD

Offline herdthinner

• Pooper Scooper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2006, 07:16:17 PM »
Quote from: Hyena Girl;152882

Oh, is that what the "pattern" to that is.  Usually I'd just start deleting lizards.

I discovered that an exhibit with leatherback turtles, hammerheads and marlins turns into something of a chumfest.  Basically the marlins and hammerheads take turns eating each other and the turtles.  Too bad the turtles don't do the same.  A rock-paper-scissors thing would be kinda cool.

Like some others, I'm taking this as a list of suggestions rather than a what not to do board.  Gotta try that Three Panda Stooges routine mentioned earlier.  :whistling:

Offline Ixion

• Zookeeper
  • doughnuts: heart didease in a ring
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2006, 08:17:53 PM »
um...how about "never" (quote en/on quote) put one of every predator in a huge tank (except for the few that can't swim), plus an equal amount of "dinner guests" and let mayhem reign!!!

Offline Miami Gator398

• Pooper Scooper
  • This is Brutus. He thinks you look yummy!
    • My MySpace page
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2006, 09:44:47 PM »
when making an orca/penguin exhibit, place orcas first, then add the arctic cod otherwise they start eating all the pengiuns very quickly

Offline beagleboy21

• Zookeeper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2006, 09:56:49 PM »
never happened to me.

Offline Gloria

• Zookeeper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »
I would say "Never make a zoo that is a giant maze with exhibits scattered everywhere that the guests have to try and find", but actually it doesn't turn out as horribly as you might think. The guests' AI is good enough that they can usually find their way through the maze and the worst that happens is they get tired or thirsty from so much walking.

So actually what you should not do is make the aforementioned giant maze zoo and then put it on guest mode and tell your husband to try and walk around the zoo. BWAHAHAAHAHAHA. XD

Don't worry, he forgave me. ;)

Offline puppy

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://animalrpgs.com
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2006, 07:56:33 PM »
Quote from: Littlemog;133051
Don't play ZT2 with a graphics tablet (it's like having a pen instead of a mouse) ...walk/photo mode goes insane! It's like spinning around in circles if the pen isn't dead centre on the tablet! =P

I'm using a graphics tablet right now, but mine has a mouse too.
:laughing: Make a waterfall and put a guest right under the waterfall. They can't move or go anywhere else. I do that to guests that say "I don't like this zoo."... Or I release my polar bear on them. :badgnome:

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #260 on: December 13, 2006, 09:05:46 PM »
Never, and i mean NEVER put a T-Rex and a carnotosaurus together! they will kill each other! :shocked:

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2006, 05:43:11 PM »
never make a coastal exhibit with every coastal animal. after a while, the sea lions will eat the sea otters and penguins. its pretty.... umm... grim, if you please

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2006, 04:14:56 PM »
Quote from: hupdo1593;165560
never make a coastal exhibit with every coastal animal. after a while, the sea lions will eat the sea otters and penguins. its pretty.... umm... grim, if you please

yes, never do that

Offline trumpetlover2323

• Pooper Scooper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #263 on: December 29, 2006, 11:14:59 AM »
Never let your dolphins have a baby when they're in the same exhibits as the Sea Lions.

The adult dolphins were okay, but the Sea Lion got really angry at the little one.

*sniff* Poor Betty...

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #264 on: December 31, 2006, 04:27:30 PM »
Sea lions also have a taste for turtles :whistling

Offline supremeruler77

• Zookeeper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #265 on: January 01, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »
is there anyother animals that can free roam besides peacocks and frogs? what about animals made from peacocks(the himalayan monal and vulturine guinea fowl

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #266 on: January 02, 2007, 09:17:51 AM »
Quote from: lamna;31044
Im no expert, but i dont think that jaguars natural prey is black leopards. Hey what happens when king kong or dinosucus attacks a guest?

i dont know.......

well i guess that king kong grabs the nearest female guest and climbs to the highest point in the zoo... building or mountain

then your zookeepers get in WWI fighter planes and try to shoot him.... king kong places the girl in a safe place nearby and she runs out of the zoo while king kong takes down the planes until he is shot down from where he is standing.... a large group of guests will gather and if you look under his thoughts "twas beauty killed the beast" will appear:laughing:

to know what dinosuchus does watch the movie Lake Placid:laughing:

in all seriousness i dont know wat happens

never delete a vehicle full of guests in the middle of a predator boreaole map full of wolves, wolverines, and grizzlies

i did it and nothing but mass fighting.... animals fighting each other and guests

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2007, 03:26:20 PM »
Quote from: Seadragon;165342
Never, and i mean NEVER put a T-Rex and a carnotosaurus together! they will kill each other! :shocked:

I beg to differ: Carnotaurus and T-Rex are perfectly fine together if you manage to get a working biome for both (use Boreal vegetation and Rainforest terrain). But Carnotaurus will stalk Rex babies and vica-versa.

Never put African Spurred Tortoises in a big exibit. They are beter in small ones, so better use some hack.

Offline Moogla

• Pooper Scooper
Escapee walrus & narwhal disapearance!
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2007, 07:16:53 PM »
I have a walrus that is closed in but somehow keeps appearing on the other side of the zoo!
I once crated a red zone in pregnacy narwhal then uncrated her, then recrated her, then it said she had a baby but there was none! I don't know if this happens on other animals...:hmmm:
Do not do these things!!:angry:

Offline Areta

• Pooper Scooper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #269 on: January 20, 2007, 08:16:54 AM »
Sometimes things like that happen Moogla, sometimes an animal will randomly appear out of nowhere in your guest area or etc. I just pause my game and deal with it, but sometimes my peacocks...:hmmm: i don't know how they get in the wolf exhibit...

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
  • Why do I have the sudden urge to drive a DeLorian?
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2007, 08:31:56 AM »
Don't put lions and hyenas/wild dogs in the same exhibit. THE LIONS ARE HYENA EATERS!!!

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2007, 08:34:27 AM »
Surely they'd be OK if you kept both of them well fed. Plus, they are two different biomes (the Lions and Hyenas anyway), so it's not the immediate choice anyway.

Offline WackyPanda

• Raptor Pack
  • Scientist
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2007, 11:03:44 PM »
I have heard that in real life, lions will go out of their way to kill hyenas. Try keeping them well fed, like Ouch said, and see what happens.

Offline rosemaryninja

• Pooper Scooper
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2007, 11:24:04 PM »
Once I had a lion exhibit right next to a hyena exhibit. I had one male lion and several lionesses. Everything went fine for awhile until suddenly I checked up on them and discovered that my lion was in my hyena enclosure and had eaten two of my hyenas. To this day I have no idea how he got in there!

Offline yinyangwolf

• Zookeeper
  • Why do I have the sudden urge to drive a DeLorian?
Things Not To Do In Zt2
« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2007, 07:21:08 AM »
Ouch, I was talking about the Spotted Hyena at ZA. And for those of you with DD, don't put a carnatours exhibit next to a nile croc exhibit. The dinos will try to eat the crocs. It's weird.