Author Topic: Hurricane Relief Quilt  (Read 41198 times)

Offline Takins

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 10:24:07 PM »
A beaver, symbolising that it will be possible to rebuild with determination and courage.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 10:29:26 PM »
Can i do Bengals please?

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 03:24:05 AM »
Ok, I have Tyto Alba doing Rhino; Rednotdead will do the Bengal Tiger.
Takins, the American Beaver has been requested. The list is at the top of the forum.

Someone has approach me with a cash offer since they are unable to work on an exhibit. I cannot say who at the moment without permission from this person.

This is my personal offer as well: For every exhibit placed in the Delta Zoo Quilt, I will match it with $1, the contribution to help the Humane Society, Zoological Society or another organization in need when this map has been completed.
I am working these plans out and will contact a moderator to help me figure out how to make this happen.

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 04:02:18 AM »
This zoo looks bueatiful. :happy Quilt zoos are always very hard-worked on. I can't contribute (I am not the person zoohio just mentioned though) but this looks really promising. :D

Offline pepe_starr

• Affiliates
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • ZTG Admin
    • Zoo Tycoon Gold
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2005, 04:38:06 AM »
The zoo looks as tigeress_10 said beautilful. I'd like to help out! Coudl I do Penguins Zoohio?

Offline zoohio

• Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2005, 04:39:14 AM »
Penguins are now on the list for pepe-starr!

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2005, 06:42:02 AM »
Hello all.

As Zoohio mentioned early, someone who was unable to make an exhibit was willing to make an actual cash donation to either the red cross, humane society or AZA in the amount equaling the # of exhibits.

Well, that someone is me and I appreciate Zoohio's discretion in the matter...I'm just not very good with words so I wanted him to do it. *grins*

So yes... this is my offer and plea:  Even though I am a poor college student (and trust me, I am) I can't forget the help my state got last year after our hurricanes hit...and we weren't hit half as hard the Lousiana.
I really thought Zoohio's idea for the  Katrina quilt was awesome, but I really don't have time to create an exhibit...and I wanted to do more, but couldn't figure out what.

So... this is what I came up with:

For every animal *species* (as in, tiger, lion, etc. NOT number if individuals, cause that'd be crazy) that is signed up for at the end of the quilt zoo, I will donate $1 to the HUmane Society. I chose the Humane Society, because most people are donating to the Red Cross and I think the animals tend to get forgotten in situations like this. Also, all of the zoo's in the area are doing fairly well so I don't think the AZA needs it as much as the Humane Society might.

I made the decision to do it for every animal species because the #of maximum species in ZT2 is still a number I can handle, but I think is a good, "hearty" contribution.

So please, put in at least one. If everyone helps out and between Zoohio's own contribution, I think we can make a real difference.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Honor

Offline Quicksilver77

• Zookeeper
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2005, 07:15:36 AM »
The humane society is an excellent charity to contribute to.  I am making a donation to the HSUS because I feel the same way you do, Honor.  That the animals tend to be forgotten. :(

This is a nice topic and it is nice for everyone to band together like this.   :D

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2005, 07:16:24 AM »
Couldn't agree more. :D Wish I could join. Oh well.
Zoo's still loking really nice!

Offline panda11

• Marine Biologist
    • http://www.frontiernet.net/~TrentonV/
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2005, 07:42:42 AM »
I would like to do bengal tiger/black leopard please!

Offline zoohio

• Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2005, 07:46:03 AM »
Panda11, the Bengal Tiger has been requested. You may do the Black Leopard or there may be enough room to combine them in the same exhibit.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2005, 08:07:25 AM »
yeah i can make the bengal tiger a bit bigger to leave enough space for the black lepoard if wanted? (well the exhibit i meant not the tiger itself :lol)

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Cool Cat
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2005, 09:23:01 AM »
Originally posted by zoohio@Sep 2 2005, 04:24 AM
Someone has approach me with a cash offer since they are unable to work on an exhibit. I cannot say who at the moment without permission from this person.

This is my personal offer as well: For every exhibit placed in the Delta Zoo Quilt, I will match it with $1, the contribution to help the Humane Society, Zoological Society or another organization in need when this map has been completed.
I am working these plans out and will contact a moderator to help me figure out how to make this happen.
Oh my gosh!! Don't we have some great people here?!?! Times like this bring out the true goodness in truly good people. (My grandma used to say that)
Whoever has made the offer Earl has mentioned, you should be very proud of yourself.

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2005, 09:39:37 AM »
Originally posted by Rosina's Cat@Sep 2 2005, 12:23 PM

Whoever has made the offer Earl has mentioned, you should be very proud of yourself.
*giggles* go up about 5 posts.

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Cool Cat
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2005, 10:48:33 AM »
:blush  :blush Sorry, Honor. You star!! :angel

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2005, 02:48:47 PM »
no problems Rosina.

Come on guys, we need more animals/exhibits here! Everything counts. :)

Zoohio, can you put a list on here showing how many exhibits/animals have been signed up for so far?

Offline zoohio

• Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2005, 05:41:56 PM »
Originally posted by Honor@Sep 2 2005, 03:48 PM
no problems Rosina.

Come on guys, we need more animals/exhibits here! Everything counts. :)

Zoohio, can you put a list on here showing how many exhibits/animals have been signed up for so far?

This list is on the first page of this topic with the current zoo stats as of last night.
bluekittySC has the map at the moment, then it will go to Rosina's Cat. Elefriend will be skipped as he is out of town for the weekend, so Tyto is next after Rosina's Cat.
Elefriend will let me know when he is back.

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2005, 07:36:11 PM »
Originally posted by zoohio@Sep 2 2005, 08:41 PM

This list is on the first page of this topic with the current zoo stats as of last night.
bluekittySC has the map at the moment, then it will go to Rosina's Cat. Elefriend will be skipped as he is out of town for the weekend, so Tyto is next after Rosina's Cat.
Elefriend will let me know when he is back.
Thanks Zoohio. So, as of now, that's 10 total animals and 9 exhibits. Which means, so far, that's $10 from me and $9 from zoohio....

does that sound right to you Z?

(mind if I call you Z? *grins* cause I'm a lazy typer)

Offline boblus

• Affiliates
  • Zookeeper
    • http://s7.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Tycoon_Gold/
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2005, 01:20:24 PM »
May I do Red Pandas, Zoohio? :erm

Offline zoohio

• Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2005, 02:26:31 PM »
Boblus, you may do the Red Panda.

Update:
Rosina's Cat is unable to do the American Beaver as there are some issues with her pc and she will be leaving on a long, overdue holiday.
Takins also requested the American Beaver and has been contacted regarding taking on the exhibit.
The zoo is currently with BluekittySC and will be passed on afterwards. I believe Tyto Alba will be next on the list.
Thanks everyone and be patient. Your chance will come to work on this project.

Offline Blue Heron

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2005, 03:19:03 PM »
I am going to follow Zoohio's and Honor's lead and pledge some money to go toward the relief efforts. For every exhibit in the
Hurricane Relief Quilt Zoo I will donate $2.00 to my charity. The company that I work for will match my donations as well. So come on everybody pitch in and make some small exhibits so we can squeeze in a lot and get some more money. I also encourge people to give a little money to their relief effort of choice. The Human Society is my charity of choice.
Another one is LA/SPCA

Offline Blue Heron

• Copa Cabana
  • Zookeeper
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2005, 03:39:19 PM »
I can do another exhibit if needed!

Offline Spiderghost

• Honoriam Emeritus-Zoolander Forever!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2005, 04:12:38 PM »
Great job everyone. Reading this topic has been like a rush of fresh air. Reading a few of these topics lately has been ... well, depressing, but it is this type of outpouring from the members of ZA that have always make me consider ZA one huge family. I've already contributed a few times but I will happily match the others and hope there is never a need for anything such as this again.

If possible I would like to add the lemurs to this zoo, but only as soon as my new computer arrives (this week :) ) as I do not wish to delay the quilt in any way. I chose the lemurs because they are the smallest animals in ZT and in this zoo they will represent the children that at this time should be looking forward (or dreading. :whistle ) school instead of wondering where their loved ones are or which direction their life continues from here. :sad

Great job Zoohio and to all others. :cool

Everyone please :help  Unfortunately at times we all need help but thankfully there are so many willing to give it.

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2005, 05:14:44 PM »
I think this idea is nice.

:cool

Offline Snowstalker

• Scientist
    • http://zoo.ogresnet.com
Hurricane Relief Quilt
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2005, 06:33:07 PM »
Once I reinstall ZT2 sucsessfully, can I do a polar bear, for strength and courage.